follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 09-17-2022, 12:22 AM   #1
jonathon.p

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dyno readouts - Stock to ECUTek to headers + overpipe

Hi everyone. Over the past ~year I have had my BRZ tuned from stock to ECUTek + K&N filter, then retuned with ProSpeed Racing headers and overpipe. All the work was done by Pulse Racing in Sydney.

Really happy with the results. I think the biggest jump was from stock to retune with the ECUTek - not necessarily power-wise - as the headers and overpipe have really made it feel great all across the rev range, particularly for torque. But the mappings for the throttle response have also made a huge difference in the driveability of the car. Cannot be emphasised enough. The ECUTek came with flat foot shifting, launch control, auto-blip on downshifts (I never use it, not a fan), with three maps selected by the cruise control stalk.
The auto-blip is only active on the 3rd map, and the attack and scaling for throttle on this 3rd map is really only appropriate for track - as it feels like at about 50% on the pedal you're at 100% input; super sensitive. But on map 2 it's perfect for everyday driving, and feels great. I never change it from map 2.

I've had a great experience with Pulse Racing, and can't recommend enough. I'm interested to hear what people's thoughts are on the numbers too. Note it's a roller dyno (as opposed to a hub dyno). I thought the initial jump with just a tune+filter was pretty high compared to other numbers I've seen.

Here are the dyno charts FYI. The chart with green/red is stock to retune only. The singular readout in red is result of retune with ProSpeed Racing headers and overpipe fitted.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
jonathon.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 12:28 AM   #2
jonathon.p

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Here's a photo of the car after ceramic coating for context
I removed the front lip before it was done

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
jonathon.p is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jonathon.p For This Useful Post: