follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #29
aliphian
Dreamer

Drives: Nutless Grocery Getter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I think RS200 or 200RS sounds cool.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
aliphian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #30
Laika
When In Doubt...

Drives: Slowww
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
I think RS200 or 200RS sounds cool.
Only downside is that it sounds like some pansy motorcycle. Or a sissy lexus.

Join the Galaxy Blue Silica BRZ registry below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing
Laika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #31
aliphian
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laika View Post
Only downside is that it sounds like some pansy motorcycle. Or a sissy lexus.
If you are referring to the RS250 as a "pansy" motorcycle, you are sadly mistaken. Also, Lexus makes badass cars.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #32
Laika
When In Doubt...

Quote:
If you are referring to the RS250 as a "pansy" motorcycle, you are sadly mistaken. Also, Lexus makes badass cars.
Sorry sir but I have no idea what an RS250 is, in all honesty that was a blind blanket statement saying 250cc is small....and therefore pansy. Now if you say this bike is not pansy, sure I'll just take your word for it but you are missing the point I was making.

And...Lexus? Badass?

ES=Camry with a hat

IS=300 and 200 were sporty and cool (not badass), 250 is a hairdressers car

SC= 300 and 400 were gorgeous and damn near perfect in every way (minus the 1uzfe not having a manual )

RX=Hairdressers suv

LX=Yeah fine this is pretty badass

GS=Okay sort of badass but mostly just classy in a gangster way

LS=Pure sex

I consider myself a huge fan of lexus cars. Ever since the first LS400 came out with the V8 so smooth you could stack champagne glasses on the hood and rev the engine without worries (if you're a fan you know what I'm talking about)....but lexus cars are NOT badass in any way. They are amazing cars, but badass...no.

Oh well :happy0180:

*If you read some of my previous posts you'll notice the cars I make fun of the most are typically my favorite, ie my previous comment about Subaru.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #33
aliphian
Dreamer

Quote:
Sorry sir but I have no idea what an RS250 is, in all honesty that was a blind blanket statement saying 250cc is small....and therefore pansy. Now if you say this bike is not pansy, sure I'll just take your word for it but you are missing the point I was making.

And...Lexus? Badass?

ES=Camry with a hat

SC= 300 and 400 were gorgeous and damn near perfect in every way (minus the 1uzfe not having a manual )

RX=Hairdressers suv

LS=Pure sex

I consider myself a huge fan of lexus cars. Ever since the first LS400 came out with the V8 so smooth you could stack champagne glasses on the hood and rev the engine without worries (if you're a fan you know what I'm talking about)....but lexus cars are NOT badass in any way. They are amazing cars, but badass...no.

*If you read some of my previous posts you'll notice the cars I make fun of the most are typically my favorite, ie my previous comment about Subaru.
I was just messing with you. But, Lexus does make 2 badass cars.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:05 AM   #34
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Hmmm.... What about a real name to go with the letters? These are the Seven Pleiades Sisters (Subaru's logo is of the Pleiades constellation).

Subaru Maia RS?
Subaru Electra RS?
Subaru Taygete RS?
Subaru Alcyone RS (sorta already done in JDM)?
Subaru Celaeno RS?
Subaru Sterope RS?
Subaru Merope RS?

Personally I like Subaru Celaeno RS (if it's pronounced Selayno so it alliterates). It also apparently means "Dark One".

No, I'm totally not bored. Why do you ask? heh...

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:41 AM   #35
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

And...Lexus? Badass?

ES=Camry with a hat

RX=Hairdressers suv

LS=Pure sex

Where are GX, CT, IS-F and LFA?

LX is a badass SUV. I don't think Range Rover can do better than LX/LC off-road. It's a dark side of SUV.
IS-F(2011)- improved over the last year model, and it's now capable of running with M3 on the track.
LFA- badass everything.
GX- badass woman SUV.
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:56 AM   #36
[es vi: eks]

Drives: Subaru Legacy
Subaru Maia= Name was used for the 360
Subaru Electra = 360 Van, Subaru Impreza Electra One Concept
Subaru Taygeta = not used
Subaru Alcyone = JDM versons of the Subaru XT, XT6, SVX
Subaru Celaeno = not used
Subaru Sterope (Asterope) = B4 Legacy concept for autosalon
Subaru Merope = not used

Mind you I did think a number of the above names were used on subaru concepts. But couldnt seem to find them.

Heres the meanings quoated from Subaru Oz site.

Quote:
Did you know that the stars that make up Pleiades are thought to represent the seven daughters of Greek mythological figures Atlas and Pleione.
Here’s a little about each of the sisters that you might find interesting.

Alcyone – translated to mean ‘queen who wards off evil’ it is the central and largest star of the Pleiades constellation. Alcyone is often seen as representing the whole group of stars.
Asterope – a double star in the Pleiades constellation, literally translates to mean ‘lightening’.
Merope - was the only Pleiad to marry a mortal, and the star that she represents shines less brightly than those that represent her sisters.
Maia - The eldest of the Seven Sisters, Maia was said to have surpassed her sisters in beauty. According to the Greek myth Maia was a lover of Zeus and gave birth to Hermes.
Taygeta – Taygeta yielded to Zeus' advances only when unconscious, ashamed, she went into hiding. To protect her from Zeus, she was transformed into a doe.
Celaeno - Celaeno was married to Poseidon. Translated, her name means "darkness" or "blackness". Celaeno is sometimes referred to as the Lost Pleiad as her star is sometimes difficult to see with the naked eye.
Electra - The third brightest star in the constellation, Electra means ‘amber’, ‘shining’ and ‘bright’. Electra was the wife of Corythus. She was seduced by Zeus and gave birth to Dardanus, who became the founder of Troy.
Atlas – The father of the seven sisters, it is said that Atlas worked out the science of astrology and discovered the spherical nature of the stars.
He is best known for bearing on his shoulders the pillars that keep earth and heaven apart.

But why are there seven daughters and only six stars? This is where the theory of the Lost Pleiad emerged - only six are visible to the naked eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
Hmmm.... What about a real name to go with the letters? These are the Seven Pleiades Sisters (Subaru's logo is of the Pleiades constellation).

Subaru Maia RS?
Subaru Electra RS?
Subaru Taygete RS?
Subaru Celaeno RS?
Subaru Sterope RS?
Subaru Merope RS?

Personally I like Subaru Celaeno RS (if it's pronounced Selayno so it alliterates). It also apparently means "Dark One".

[es vi: eks] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #37
Laika
When In Doubt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Where are GX, CT, IS-F and LFA?

LX is a badass SUV. I don't think Range Rover can do better than LX/LC off-road. It's a dark side of SUV.
IS-F(2011)- improved over the last year model, and it's now capable of running with M3 on the track.
LFA- badass everything.
GX- badass woman SUV.
Hahha we're way too off topic, even for this forum. But let me just say LFA is just what we needed, something to boost Toyota morale. And the ISF although cool in theory is still dorky and lame to me. I don't know how Lexus can make that car without a manual.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #38
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
If you are referring to the RS250 as a "pansy" motorcycle, you are sadly mistaken.
Quote:
Aliphian rides so saying an RS250 is weak is like saying an AE86 is a pansy car since it's only 1.6L.

From a motorcycle perspective, the Aprilia RS250, Honda RS250 and Yamaha TZ250's are beyond sick! Let me school ya for sec... if you don't mind! :happy0180:

Biaggi's Aprilia RS250

Honda NSF250R (costs 30K USD)

And the infamous Yamaha TZ250 (current setup, 27K USD)

For 30 years the Yamaha TZ has been involved in the history and tradition of GP Road Racing, taking advantage of feedback and knowledge gained through the factory race programs. This evolution continues, building the glory of the TZ line.

The TZ250 was the championship machine in the 2001 All Japan Championships, and in the 2002 All Japan series it swept the top four places in each of the first five rounds of the season. This kind of consistent competitiveness has won the TZ250 the trust of riders in the Japanese market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post

Subaru Maia RS?
Subaru Electra RS?
Subaru Taygete RS?
Subaru Celaeno RS?
Subaru Sterope RS?
Subaru Merope RS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [es vi: eks] View Post
Subaru Maia= Name was used for the 360
Subaru Electra = 360 Van, Subaru Impreza Electra One Concept
Subaru Taygeta = not used
Subaru Alcyone = JDM versons of the Subaru XT, XT6, SVX
Subaru Celaeno = not used
Subaru Sterope (Asterope) = B4 Legacy concept for autosalon
Subaru Merope = not used

Mind you I did think a number of the above names were used on subaru concepts. But couldnt seem to find them.

Heres the meanings quoated from Subaru Oz site.
Thouse sound like cool names but I doubt they'll suit well here in the US.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:37 PM   #39
Dark
Elite Padawan

@RRnold: True.
I forgot to mention about that too. 250cc bike isn't weak at all. Production bike like Kawi EX250 can run 0-60 in 5.5sec. How is it slow? most cars cost 10 times as much couldn't do that. Not to mention track-only bike, can do even better 0-60, lap time. Unless he was talking about Harley. LOL
Old 06-08-2011, 03:43 PM   #40
Dark
Elite Padawan

Quote:
Hahha we're way too off topic, even for this forum. But let me just say LFA is just what we needed, something to boost Toyota morale. And the ISF although cool in theory is still dorky and lame to me. I don't know how Lexus can make that car without a manual.
Yeah, way out of topic.
I believe that "badass" you said is about you own perspective, not in general. And, you didn't mention about LFA earlier because you wanted to defense yourself for saying "Lexus is not BADASS". hmmm...

Now back to the topic.

I think Japanese carmakers use too much Greek names, why not try something else different?
Old 06-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #41
Random_Art
professional smartass

Drives: 16 speed mountain bike...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Yeah, way out of topic.
I believe that "badass" you said is about you own perspective, not in general. And, you didn't mention about LFA earlier because you wanted to defense yourself for saying "Lexus is not BADASS". hmmm...

Now back to the topic.

I think Japanese carmakers use too much Greek names, why not try something else different?
I agree. We need more Mayan and Aztec names. I for one would love to drive a Toyota Xibalba or a Mitsubishi Quetzalcoatl

Goodbye Celica, you served me well.

http://artsofrandomness.blogspot.com/
Random_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #42
aliphian
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
Aliphian rides so saying an RS250 is weak is like saying an AE86 is a pansy car since it's only 1.6L.
A friend of mine has 2, (TWO!!) MC21 NSR250's, street legal I Have ridden them and they are a blast. Way more fun than my R6. I might end up with one next riding season.