follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale/Trade

User Tag List

Old 08-31-2018, 10:50 PM   #1
itsibarra

Drives: Supercharged Car
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
(CA) - 2013 Asphalt Scion FR-S Edelbrock Supercharged

CAR IS SOLD - Mods please close.

Last edited by itsibarra; 10-13-2018 at 12:50 AM. Reason: SOLD
itsibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:15 PM   #2
nicklin0809

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
super interested! can you shoot me a text at 8587741996? cause I can't pm you. Thanks!
nicklin0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:25 PM   #3
perryair
junior mafia

Drives: ‘20 sti limited
hey - im not in the market at the moment but super curious to hear what your driving impressions are on your otherwise fairly stock carb tune edelbrock. many reviews are out there on it but seemingly noone has the carb tune. were you satisfied with speed/power? does it run anywhere near oem smooth at/near idle and through the rev range?

thx much.

- p
Old 09-06-2018, 02:49 AM   #4
itsibarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryair View Post
hey - im not in the market at the moment but super curious to hear what your driving impressions are on your otherwise fairly stock carb tune edelbrock. many reviews are out there on it but seemingly noone has the carb tune. were you satisfied with speed/power? does it run anywhere near oem smooth at/near idle and through the rev range?

thx much.

- p
tl;dr Trying to be responsible but still have fun?

For my particular setup, I've been content with all of the above. Delivery and smoothness is linear and very similar to stock, while idle is steady (no surging or fluctuations). In regards to power compared to stock, it is a night and day difference. As soon as you reach peak torque ~3500RPM it will keep on pulling all the way to redline.

It's also very nice to know I can pass on the highway in certain situations without the need to drop one or two gears. The best example I could give is when you come across other cars that are fairly stock, but WOT with loud exhausts at hwy onramps and such. Then your quiet little supercharged car casually passes without much effort...

The main reason I haven't stepped up to another tune or other modifications such as E85 is all the supporting mods I feel I'd want to perform to ensure the car is well rounded. I thought i'd keep the car for longer, but with a family in the works my thought process slowly leaned towards resell value, and I figured not many people would want a "heavily modded" car, but a simple yet fun and reliable mode of transportation.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:18 PM   #5
perryair
junior mafia

Drives: ‘20 sti limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsibarra View Post
tl;dr Trying to be responsible but still have fun?

For my particular setup, I've been content with all of the above. Delivery and smoothness is linear and very similar to stock, while idle is steady (no surging or fluctuations). In regards to power compared to stock, it is a night and day difference. As soon as you reach peak torque ~3500RPM it will keep on pulling all the way to redline.

It's also very nice to know I can pass on the highway in certain situations without the need to drop one or two gears. The best example I could give is when you come across other cars that are fairly stock, but WOT with loud exhausts at hwy onramps and such. Then your quiet little supercharged car casually passes without much effort...

The main reason I haven't stepped up to another tune or other modifications such as E85 is all the supporting mods I feel I'd want to perform to ensure the car is well rounded. I thought i'd keep the car for longer, but with a family in the works my thought process slowly leaned towards resell value, and I figured not many people would want a "heavily modded" car, but a simple yet fun and reliable mode of transportation.
that sounds reassuring, thanks much for the response. i was in a '15 that i had to sell, and want to get back into an '18 ('19?) some point in the not too distant future and pop an edelbrock in it and some springs and wheels/tires and call it a day.

best of luck with the sale! if i were closer to you and had a little more cash in my hand id consider it, but she def looks super clean and someone will get a nice ride.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:04 PM   #6
itsibarra

Bumpity Bump

Last edited by itsibarra; 09-21-2018 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:51 AM   #7
itsibarra

PM's replied
Old 10-07-2018, 05:06 PM   #8
boostedGS

Drives: 86
There were 2 cars my eyes were set on when I was in the market for a FRS just a month ago. Yours was #1 on the list, #2 was a 2013 white FRS with 9,500 miles, I think both of you guys were in the South Bay area.

You eventually told me the "car is sold" while I was texting you during the week, asking all sorts of questions regarding mods, stock parts available, maintenance, etc. So I stopped texting you, only to find out couple weeks later, the car, in fact, was not sold at all.

Never tell a potential buyer that you car is sold when you havent received payment and most definitely do not hold for someone because you may end up losing a serious buyer like myself with cash-in-hand. It's only a serious buyer when they pull up with cash. I would have came to test drive your car with cash in hand, if it all checked out, I would have bought it on the spot, cashed you out all 100's! This is exactly what I did when I bought my FRS couple weeks ago. Seller even was surprised. LOL. We went to Chase Bank so he can confirm all the 100's were real and.. done deal!

Was it worth it for you to hold? No. Was it for me? Yes, I consider it a blessing in disguise because I bought a stock, low mileage 2014, at a great low, price from an owner with all documentation, the weekend after I was texting you.

Don't feel bad though. Just a couple days ago, after weeks of ignoring my offers (which I assumed was the highest already), the other guy #2 sent me an email asking me if I was still interested. This guy has been trying to sell his car for almost 2 months (or more) was obviously trying to fish for a higher bid for a month (since I made my offer), but it back fired, because I've already bought a FRS now that he's willing to accept my offer. Too late guy, I made a purchase already that I'm very happy with. LMAO.

Guys... these cars are not rare. They are dime/dozen. If you have an opportunity to sell it for a decent/good price, just do it. Try not to keep fishing for more if you have a decent offer on the table, and AT LEAST, let all potential buyers take a look at the car. Obviously, ignore the lowballs, but an offer 5-10% lower than your asking price is not a lowball. To me, that is a reasonable offer, especially on things that cost to maintain and depreciate rather quickly. It's not a Rembrandt or a limited or vintage car.

GLWS though! Nice FRS!
boostedGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:48 PM   #9
mintyfresh
LA Bron

Drives: ‘15 WRB BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedGS View Post
There were 2 cars my eyes were set on when I was in the market for a FRS just a month ago. Yours was #1 on the list, #2 was a 2013 white FRS with 9,500 miles, I think both of you guys were in the South Bay area.

You eventually told me the "car is sold" while I was texting you during the week, asking all sorts of questions regarding mods, stock parts available, maintenance, etc. So I stopped texting you, only to find out couple weeks later, the car, in fact, was not sold at all.

Never tell a potential buyer that you car is sold when you havent received payment and most definitely do not hold for someone because you may end up losing a serious buyer like myself with cash-in-hand. It's only a serious buyer when they pull up with cash. I would have came to test drive your car with cash in hand, if it all checked out, I would have bought it on the spot, cashed you out all 100's! This is exactly what I did when I bought my FRS couple weeks ago. Seller even was surprised. LOL. We went to Chase Bank so he can confirm all the 100's were real and.. done deal!

Was it worth it for you to hold? No. Was it for me? Yes, I consider it a blessing in disguise because I bought a stock, low mileage 2014, at a great low, price from an owner with all documentation, the weekend after I was texting you.

Don't feel bad though. Just a couple days ago, after weeks of ignoring my offers (which I assumed was the highest already), the other guy #2 sent me an email asking me if I was still interested. This guy has been trying to sell his car for almost 2 months (or more) was obviously trying to fish for a higher bid for a month (since I made my offer), but it back fired, because I've already bought a FRS now that he's willing to accept my offer. Too late guy, I made a purchase already that I'm very happy with. LMAO.

Guys... these cars are not rare. They are dime/dozen. If you have an opportunity to sell it for a decent/good price, just do it. Try not to keep fishing for more if you have a decent offer on the table, and AT LEAST, let all potential buyers take a look at the car. Obviously, ignore the lowballs, but an offer 5-10% lower than your asking price is not a lowball. To me, that is a reasonable offer, especially on things that cost to maintain and depreciate rather quickly. It's not a Rembrandt or a limited or vintage car.

GLWS though! Nice FRS!
how much did you offer from the regular price? wrote an essay
mintyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:10 PM   #10
JDW2231

Drives: 1987 Toyota MR2, 2012 Suzuki GV
Would you be interested in a trade plus cash for my 1987 Toyota MR2 Supercharger?
JDW2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:38 PM   #11
boostedGS

Drives: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyfresh View Post
how much did you offer from the regular price? wrote an essay
LOL, had to get my point across. I really did want to buy this guy's car, but I didn't get to offer anything, the seller kept asking me to make an offer via text, without seeing the car because someone else was supposedly wanting to see the car as well. I told him, I'm not going to make an offer on a car that I haven't got to see in person. Then eventually, he told me it was sold. I'm just wondering what happened to the other guys that were supposed to buy this car that had offers already out. I wonder what they offered, for it to be still for sale right now.

Sucks for this seller since I'm the type of person, if I want something, I'm going to get it, long as it all checks out. This car most likely would have been sold by now if he had let me take a look that weekend. All good though, these msgs/replies will bump this guy's car up and hopefully it will go to a nice home.
boostedGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:34 PM   #12
Poetik

Drives: 350z
Quote:
LOL, had to get my point across. I really did want to buy this guy's car, but I didn't get to offer anything, the seller kept asking me to make an offer via text, without seeing the car because someone else was supposedly wanting to see the car as well. I told him, I'm not going to make an offer on a car that I haven't got to see in person. Then eventually, he told me it was sold. I'm just wondering what happened to the other guys that were supposed to buy this car that had offers already out. I wonder what they offered, for it to be still for sale right now.

Sucks for this seller since I'm the type of person, if I want something, I'm going to get it, long as it all checks out. This car most likely would have been sold by now if he had let me take a look that weekend. All good though, these msgs/replies will bump this guy's car up and hopefully it will go to a nice home.
Maybe it didn't quite check out for the other guy.
Poetik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Poetik For This Useful Post:
itsibarra (10-10-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 02:48 AM   #13
itsibarra

BoostedGS, thanks for the interest early on. I was getting multiple hits via PM within the first week, low-balls, dead ends etc...

It was my mistake since I did end up holding the car for another buyer. Who also had "cash-in-hand." However, that sale fell through. Thanks for the tips moving forward. Have fun with the new FR-S!

Quote:

GLWS though! Nice FRS!