follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 10-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #99
OldSkoolToys
Is a Monster

Drives: AE86, MA70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Because its on 7tune it doesn't mean its sourced from anything credible (unless they source this information from subaru, etc.), which they didn't. The pictures came from Best Car, who's information I'd call minor at best.

But if there will actually be a AWD version, all the better. I'd be happy for all the scoobie junkies.
OldSkoolToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:06 PM   #100
cyde01
ft86club resident b-boy

Drives: Yamaha R3, moonslate 2018 GT Black
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolToys View Post
Its not about that at all.

Its the fact that the same thing keeps coming up and the same facts keep getting pointed out, and then the same counter-facts keep getting re-brought up.

I'll state my logic one more time, based on common deduction.

A subaru executive, years before the cars release, has already stated, on an official record, that the subaru version will not come to Australia because it won't be AWD.

years before production
years before production

What this tells me is that theres little/no hope that an AWD variant will be produced, for the premiere model (and possibly a few years after), otherwise the executive wouldn't already be saying such bold statements to the public.

End of story.
i agree with you, but until the car actually comes out there will always be people who keep saying that "anything's possible! anything's possible!" it's the internet, after all.
cyde01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:06 PM   #101
White Comet
Resident Skeptic

Drives: '04 WRX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Because its on 7tune it doesn't mean its sourced from anything credible (unless they source this information from subaru, etc.), which they didn't. The pictures came from Best Car, who's information I'd call minor at best.

But if there will actually be a AWD version, all the better. I'd be happy for all the scoobie junkies.
White Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #102
Jordo!
Enjoy it, destroy it.

Drives: Datsun Racing Hen
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:

Ohhhhhh.... I missed that important bit. All this use of the word "confimred" had me buying it as gospel.

Hmm... well, I'll hold off an eating my hat a bit longer then
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #103
White Comet
Resident Skeptic

Drives: '04 WRX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Ohhhhhh.... I missed that important bit. All this use of the word "confimred" had me buying it as gospel.

Hmm... well, I'll hold off an eating my hat a bit longer then
We are your gospel. Until we say it, it is not so!
White Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #104
cyde01
ft86club resident b-boy

Drives: Yamaha R3, moonslate 2018 GT Black
best car magazine is like 70% wild crazy wishful thinking and 30% true, but the 30% that they get right tends to be spot on, and revealed before any other news source. they had news of the LFA and the toyota subaru joint project before anyone else, and they got the front fascia of the production version LFA right on the money. of course, they also report that there's a 50-60% chance of a new RX-7 concept to be revealed before EVERY SINGLE tokyo motor show. so you have to try to figure out which of their info is BS and which is legit.
cyde01 is offline   Reply With Quote