follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 06-10-2015, 07:24 PM   #2423
Xuningshen

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boofneenee View Post
what about speed density tunes excites u?
i read carb tune maxes out the maf currently and goes past the stock MAP reading ability. In general, I dont like running anything at 100% for a long time. and I am moving away from the carb tune and looking at removing cats and making more power.

church's tune requires that i go in and his website says 700 dollars. LA

delicious' is 375 from the get go, 1 remote logging review included and if need be can drive down to SD. I'm located in OC kinda dead center of both.

so... nobody with DT's flash and go and this kit care to share any more info? not just that its great, or it sucks, or whatever generic answer. The guy who previously said his SD tune was more drivable and smoother than his hybrid/and pure maf tune peaked my interest a bit more too.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:20 PM   #2424
alpax

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ AT JRSC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by autograph View Post
thanks all for your observations. it definitely does not feel or drive stronger than stock at low rpms, IMO.
Hey, you got your JRSC. Congratulations!

I think mine with SC does feel the same way - not as strong as stock at low RPMs. I cannot tell for sure, as I haven't driven stock since last September, but that was my original feeling.

Anyway, as I already wrote in PM, I remember before having the SC I almost didn't use the 1st gear - it was spinning very quickly, and I had to switch to 2nd almost immediately. Now I go WOT from the stop, and it takes about 3-4 seconds until I have to switch to 2nd. Mine is AT, probably this adds something to that behavior as well: I cannot pre-build revs, so it starts moving in gear almost from 0. It does go very well after about 3000 RPM, but before that it feels a bit sluggish.

I'm blaming that slight parasitic load, which SC adds by being driven by the engine via the belt, but maybe I should look for a custom tune to improve this.
alpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:19 PM   #2425
Germanjap

Drives: 2013 JRSC Firestorm FR-S
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Did you take the air guides off of the front bumper? 3 screws each for 2 guides, on either side of the front bumper opening.

Thanks. It was the air guides. That says a lot about the JRSC if the hardest obstacle by far for me was fitting the bumper.
Germanjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:18 AM   #2426
dj2020

Drives: BRZ
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuningshen View Post
i read carb tune maxes out the maf currently and goes past the stock MAP reading ability. In general, I dont like running anything at 100% for a long time. and I am moving away from the carb tune and looking at removing cats and making more power.

delicious' is 375 from the get go, 1 remote logging review included and if need be can drive down to SD. I'm located in OC kinda dead center of both.

so... nobody with DT's flash and go and this kit care to share any more info? not just that its great, or it sucks, or whatever generic answer. The guy who previously said his SD tune was more drivable and smoother than his hybrid/and pure maf tune peaked my interest a bit more too.

I'm also waiting for those who have the DT Flash n Go tune with and without flex fuel to chime in. I'd like to see some independent dynos and hear more about experience/drivability.
dj2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:35 AM   #2427
dp1
driving smoother faster

Drives: Sold
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Jackson Racing Supercharger Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj2020 View Post
I'm also waiting for those who have the DT Flash n Go tune with and without flex fuel to chime in. I'd like to see some independent dynos and hear more about experience/drivability.

JRSC with upgraded MAP, Tomei EL/Invidia hi-flow cat FP/Invidia Q300, etc. Few months on Delicious FNG tune, no flex. Daily driver + 8 track days + 2 LRP AX days on the tune. Very happy with the @DeliciousTuning tune. Slight hesitation on sudden on/off gas application at low 2-3k RPMs but nothing abrupt and doesn't bother me. Bill knows about it and update is already being tested. Didn't log but AFRs look good and power delivery is strong. No dyno yet.
dp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dp1 For This Useful Post:
dj2020 (06-11-2015), dkstylezz (06-11-2015), Xuningshen (06-11-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 07:16 AM   #2428
autograph

Drives: 6MT Hot Lava
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpax View Post
Hey, you got your JRSC. Congratulations!

I think mine with SC does feel the same way - not as strong as stock at low RPMs. I cannot tell for sure, as I haven't driven stock since last September, but that was my original feeling.

Anyway, as I already wrote in PM, I remember before having the SC I almost didn't use the 1st gear - it was spinning very quickly, and I had to switch to 2nd almost immediately. Now I go WOT from the stop, and it takes about 3-4 seconds until I have to switch to 2nd. Mine is AT, probably this adds something to that behavior as well: I cannot pre-build revs, so it starts moving in gear almost from 0. It does go very well after about 3000 RPM, but before that it feels a bit sluggish.

I'm blaming that slight parasitic load, which SC adds by being driven by the engine via the belt, but maybe I should look for a custom tune to improve this.
haha thanks alpax! yes I feel the same way. 3000rpm-4000rpm is okay, and everything above is good. below 3000 rpm though it feels like a downgrade, which is very dissapointing IMO. it is probably the paraistic load. I too hope to improve this with a custom tune. If it can't be improved via a tune I'll be quite dissapointed with my choice. All I want is stock feeling at those low rpms; but the engine seems less willing to rev, less sensitive to throttle input, and feels like it has less torque down low than it did before.
autograph is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to autograph For This Useful Post:
Boofneenee (06-11-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 10:39 AM   #2429
Boofneenee
Go-Kart Enthusiast

Drives: Toyota Scion FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by autograph View Post
haha thanks alpax! yes I feel the same way. 3000rpm-4000rpm is okay, and everything above is good. below 3000 rpm though it feels like a downgrade, which is very dissapointing IMO. it is probably the paraistic load. I too hope to improve this with a custom tune. If it can't be improved via a tune I'll be quite dissapointed with my choice. All I want is stock feeling at those low rpms; but the engine seems less willing to rev, less sensitive to throttle input, and feels like it has less torque down low than it did before.
Its possible this is the way it is but I wouldn't throw in the towel until you have spent time tuning. I did custom remote tuning for my name car. We are talking small changes in ponies here but without a doubt Sig. Changes in driving behavior from throttle sensitivity to smoothness of acceleration.
The Following User Says Thank You to Boofneenee For This Useful Post:
autograph (06-12-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 11:12 AM   #2430
264grendel

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Racing View Post
Not an oversight.

EcuTek ProECU Programming Kits have been on backorder for a few weeks. We could not wait any longer for them to come back in stock, so we shipped systems with a note letting customers know we will ship their ProECU Programming Kits to them once they are in our hands this week.

Oil Cooler kits ship in separate boxes. In this case, your supercharger system probably came up ready to ship and shipped before your oil cooler.

Congrats on your new systems!

-Oscar Jr.
Any update on the ecutek kits?
264grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 264grendel For This Useful Post:
dkstylezz (06-11-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 03:27 PM   #2431
Jmonty
Realtor/ Principal Broker

Drives: JRSC BRZ GBS LTD 2010 LTD Outback
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

Install and tune complete still have a bit of TQ dip with the header
like others have said this is the way it should come from the factory
Jmonty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jmonty For This Useful Post:
*LongFella (06-11-2015), dkstylezz (06-12-2015)
Old 06-12-2015, 12:10 AM   #2432
dkstylezz

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmonty View Post

Install and tune complete still have a bit of TQ dip with the header
like others have said this is the way it should come from the factory
Was wondering if you could provide some more info? Exhaust setup what tune Thanks! Sorry i have looked back into previous pages to see if i can find this info but i couldn't. Im just waiting on my EcuTek to install. How do you like it so far? Im debating if i should keep the CARB tune or get the Delicious f&g tune.
dkstylezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:48 AM   #2433
Jmonty
Realtor/ Principal Broker

Drives: JRSC BRZ GBS LTD 2010 LTD Outback
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkstylezz View Post
Was wondering if you could provide some more info? Exhaust setup what tune Thanks! Sorry i have looked back into previous pages to see if i can find this info but i couldn't. Im just waiting on my EcuTek to install. How do you like it so far? Im debating if i should keep the CARB tune or get the Delicious f&g tune.
I have a stock exhaust, a prototype header by Performance Race Engineering (PRE)
tune was done on a local dynapack Dyno by Vittuning.com

I have been very happy with this setup,
Jmonty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jmonty For This Useful Post:
dkstylezz (06-12-2015)
Old 06-12-2015, 07:23 AM   #2434
Boofneenee
Go-Kart Enthusiast

Drives: Toyota Scion FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuningshen View Post

Why not have moto-mike do a remote tune with ecutek. Hes really the top player regarding tuning sc's especially the Jackson, Kraft's and innovative. Prices are totally reasonable. You do have to buy a new sensor as part of the tuning package but that's only $100.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:59 AM   #2435
autograph

Drives: 6MT Hot Lava
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boofneenee View Post
Its possible this is the way it is but I wouldn't throw in the towel until you have spent time tuning. I did custom remote tuning for my name car. We are talking small changes in ponies here but without a doubt Sig. Changes in driving behavior from throttle sensitivity to smoothness of acceleration.
Thanks for the encouragement Boofneenee, appreciate it. I will definitely get to street logging tonight to get a custom tune going
autograph is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to autograph For This Useful Post:
Jmonty (06-12-2015)
Old 06-16-2015, 10:39 AM   #2436
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Neat!

ATL BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ATL BRZ For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (06-16-2015), dj2020 (06-16-2015), dpgfunk (06-16-2015), Pat (06-16-2015)