follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
BT, dpfarr

Old 01-11-2022, 12:31 PM   #4397
B T

Drives: 15 BRZ, 2003 MR2, '70 Elky, 06 TBSS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_egr View Post
Hm... Maybe I need both catch cans for my usage then since I was seeing accumulation on the PCV side. The car sees a lot of temperature swings and track/autox usage. Thanks for the info!
Not quite what I'm getting at here. Install the CCV side but hook it up like the PCV side. You collect oil from the PCV side but don't have to contend with the battery being in the way.
B T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to B T For This Useful Post:
Auto_egr (01-18-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 11:12 AM   #4398
Tatsu333

Drives: 2020 BRZ Sport Tech RS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T View Post
Not quite what I'm getting at here. Install the CCV side but hook it up like the PCV side. You collect oil from the PCV side but don't have to contend with the battery being in the way.
Are the lines provided with the Radium CCV side kit long enough to connect to the PCV side out of the box, or is some customization needed?
Old 01-12-2022, 11:39 AM   #4399
B T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsu333 View Post
Are the lines provided with the Radium CCV side kit long enough to connect to the PCV side out of the box, or is some customization needed?
It's been so long since I did it, I can't remember. They use generic lines so you will at most spend $10 in additional lines for a much more accessible system. Well worth it.
Old 01-12-2022, 02:54 PM   #4400
Tatsu333

Drives: 2020 BRZ Sport Tech RS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
It's been so long since I did it, I can't remember. They use generic lines so you will at most spend $10 in additional lines for a much more accessible system. Well worth it.
It certainly does seem like a better place to mount it if you're only going to run a single catch-can. Thanks!
Old 01-18-2022, 12:20 PM   #4401
FrickingReallySlow

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Lower bumper cover not installed

Hey guys we all removed the 2 lower bumper covers pictured here during the install but Edelbrock instructions never said to install it back. I'm thinking having the cover at least directs ALL of the airflow into the radiator/intercooler instead of a lot of it flowing out the hole that's left in the bottom. We should get more cooling with it installed instead of not.

It doesn't look like the extra intercooler would affect installing it back, so wonder if anyone has done it or knows why Edelbrock didn't include this "reinstall" part in the instructions.
Attached Images

FrickingReallySlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 02:07 PM   #4402
B T

Hey everyone,
PMs were sent out regarding the group buy for the remote MAP adapter purchase. If you didn't get an email but want one, please get with me so you don't miss out. I don't even have enough for a full order but want to get this moving. We're very close to getting the # of people we need. For those of you who got an email, I forgot to ask for you to send me your email address/name to better keep track of the orders. Thanks everyone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B T For This Useful Post:
aKaGorganZola (01-18-2022), Auto_egr (01-18-2022)
Old 01-18-2022, 07:07 PM   #4403
Muskoka800

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS Release Series 2#439
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrickingReallySlow View Post
Hey guys we all removed the 2 lower bumper covers pictured here during the install but Edelbrock instructions never said to install it back. I'm thinking having the cover at least directs ALL of the airflow into the radiator/intercooler instead of a lot of it flowing out the hole that's left in the bottom. We should get more cooling with it installed instead of not.

It doesn't look like the extra intercooler would affect installing it back, so wonder if anyone has done it or knows why Edelbrock didn't include this "reinstall" part in the instructions.
My instructions didn’t really mention anything about what to re-install although a couple items were said to be set aside, not to be re-used.
I had no choice but to re-install that panel you question as that is where my Perrin oil cooler resides. The only part I haven’t re-installed is the drivers side fuel injector/fuel line cover. It seems to serve no purpose but to trap header heat rising from below.
Muskoka800 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muskoka800 For This Useful Post:
FrickingReallySlow (01-19-2022)
Old 01-18-2022, 11:06 PM   #4404
Side

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Hey everyone,
PMs were sent out regarding the group buy for the remote MAP adapter purchase. If you didn't get an email but want one, please get with me so you don't miss out. I don't even have enough for a full order but want to get this moving. We're very close to getting the # of people we need. For those of you who got an email, I forgot to ask for you to send me your email address/name to better keep track of the orders. Thanks everyone.

For those that may not be in the know, what's the...

1) Benefit?

2) Install?

3) Price?

Might hook a few more with a quick summary again.
Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 09:11 AM   #4405
B T

1. Benefit - This will relocate the reference pressure signal for the MAP from the intake runner that is affected by pressure waves to the intake chamber above the supercharger. Doing this minimizes the pulses in the MAP signal which is what the D-Box was originally designed to do. So no more D-Box is required and looks much cleaner. Other owners have made their own version, but that was a DIY approach requiring skill and materials not everyone has access to.
2. Install - It's really as easy as removing your old MAP sensor with an hex key, install the adapter and reinstall the MAP. Then route your bypass valve and MAP relocation hoses to the desired location. There are currently 2 used methods for signal pressures. The whole process shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to install and is completely reversible.
3. Price - Right now, we're looking at $110 shipped with all necessary hoses, longer bolt, o-ring, brass fittings, tee hose adapter and MAP relocator. $110 is for the bare minimum order number of 10 units from the CNC shop. Price can decrease based on units over 10 on order. Currently on have 3 people with their deposit in. The adapter is black anodized CNC aluminum with brass fittings. Note this only relocates the pressue signal, you will need to re-use your current MAP sensor.
The Following User Says Thank You to B T For This Useful Post:
Side (01-20-2022)
Old 01-19-2022, 12:33 PM   #4406
Hurricane Nate

Drives: 2020 BRZ (Black)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

I definitely reinstalled the cover you are asking about. No fitment issues, the intercooler sits just above the cover and easily clears. No funny bends in in the cover, no stretching, it still fits well.
Hurricane Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hurricane Nate For This Useful Post:
FrickingReallySlow (01-19-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 02:50 PM   #4407
Blanco#17

Drives: GT86 Blanco Ed #17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hi All,

New forum user, but been stalking since 2019. I have the Edelbrock Supercharger installed on my 2016 GT86. One of the few/ maybe only in the UK to have the Edelbrock E-force. Most here go with the Harrop. Getting 274bhp / 225lbft Shell V-power.

Had the car tuned 3 times, and on track power is great but the car does suffer from rpm fluctuations and occasional stalling from mid rpm to idle. Have replaced the bypass valve once already. Had the revised version delivered but yet to install that.

Also got a Radium PCV catch Can as recommended by devtec who seemed to have a similar issue.

Any way nice to join you all.
Blanco#17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blanco#17 For This Useful Post:
B T (01-22-2022), Decep (01-21-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 02:59 PM   #4408
Aztec
Lost in the twisties

Drives: 2014 BRZ Dark Gray Metallic
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco#17 View Post
Hi All,

New forum user, but been stalking since 2019. I have the Edelbrock Supercharger installed on my 2016 GT86. One of the few/ maybe only in the UK to have the Edelbrock E-force. Most here go with the Harrop. Getting 274bhp / 225lbft Shell V-power.

Had the car tuned 3 times, and on track power is great but the car does suffer from rpm fluctuations and occasional stalling from mid rpm to idle. Have replaced the bypass valve once already. Had the revised version delivered but yet to install that.

Also got a Radium PCV catch Can as recommended by devtec who seemed to have a similar issue.

Any way nice to join you all.
Has Zach tuned your car from CSG?
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:06 PM   #4409
bokehmon

Drives: 2014 DMG BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Anyone have logs (datazaps?) of their SC'd cars running in daily situations, and also on the track?

I just want to compare some logs / knock corrections / iams, etc.

Thanks!
bokehmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:26 AM   #4410
B T

Quote:
I reinstalled mine with no issues. I'm thinking they just forgot it in the instructions.

BTW, 5 deposits received, still need 8 minimum to put in the order. Deposits are refundable if you change your mind before the order is put in.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B T For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (01-25-2022), FrickingReallySlow (01-25-2022)