follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-20-2012, 12:59 AM   #29
Unleashed

Drives: 13' WRX
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Just bought my Dark Grey Metallic Premium BRZ 6MT here in Las Vegas. Expecting delivery of the car on July 5th ! Can't wait!
Unleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:21 AM   #30
gerry.witt19

Drives: Toyota, Fortuner
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi fellas Gerry here. Waiting for my BRZ to arrive in 3 weeks.
gerry.witt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:44 AM   #31
Enemies

Drives: '13 SWP Sport-Tech (Limited)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hi, my name's Jason and I'm a BRZaholic.

Not exactly a new member (still newer I guess) but I figured since I own a BRZ it's only fair to put my stamp in here instead of just on the FR-S thread.

Welcome to all the new members!
Enemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #32
WillieRX
Mountain Road Recon

Drives: '06 Subaru WRX TR
Howdy! I am a mountain cruising enthusiast. I have owned several performance cars:
1) 1996 Chevy Camaro Z-28 (Sold)
2) 1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Sold)
3) 1991 Chevy Camaro Z-28 (Sold)
4) 1994 Chevy Corvette (Sold)
5) 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR (Current)

I must say, out of that list, the WRX has impressed me the most and I want to keep that car forever. It offers a great balance between power, handling and utility.

Right now, the WRX is Stage 1, soon to be Stage 2. Over the next few years, I am planning to build it up with a modest 400 - 430 HP (similar torque) at the crank, of course I am investing in transmission, suspension and brakes as well. I am looking to maintain a great balance between power and handling.

Initially, the BRZ didn't interest me, mainly due to looks, low(er) power and lack of AWD. However, it has grown on me over the past few months, and I may want to get one to replace my old 1993 F250 Diesel Truck (runs on veggie oil too). I know, quite a difference, but I really don't utilize the truck to its full extent.

I may wait longer to watch the development of the STi version(or performance equivalent) before I actually purchase one. Up here where the mountain roads I drive on are around 8,000+ feet in altitude, that 200 HP / 151 ft-lbs NA engine will bog down so much (probably at least 25% power loss).

Anyways, joined to see how the car progresses and meet other enthusiast about cars in general. See yall around.
WillieRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:17 AM   #33
Irwinspecial
Future US Navy

Drives: 03 Nissan 350z Touring
Hi, my name is Adam I am currently living in DE till I leave for the military. I am 20 years old and I have been following the BRZ for the last couple of months and I really am falling in love. I currently drive an 03 350z Touring (My affordable dream car), which is lightly modded. Been on this site for a couple of weeks but finally registered today. I would like to buy a SWP BRZ within the next year or so and already have an idea of how I want to Mod the car.. I want to wait and get one because I just recently joined the US Navy and I leave for boot camp Nov. 19, so I want to get somewhat settled and everything before I purchase another car. I am looking forward to getting to know everybody and have a great time.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:23 AM   #34
Premium Auto Styling

Drives: BRZ
Hey!!
Awesome forum Glad to be apart of this community! We have years behind us working with the Subaru community's offering vinyl overlays and wraps and we are looking fwd to continuing to keep offering the best possible product at the lowest prices!
Thanks for having us !!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #35
Coop07

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Just purchased a dark gray BRZ Premium with the spoiler and will pick it up early next week. Someone else ordered it, but declined. I had gone to the dealer to try a WRX and possibly order a BRZ, but the dealer offered me a test drive and 30 minutes later the contract was signed! Can't wait till I get her home!
Coop07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #36
hav0c

Drives: WRB BRZ Limited (AT)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I've been lurking & following FR-S/BRZ news for about a month. A few weeks ago I test drove a red FR-S AT and fell in love with the platform. Decided to switch to BRZ because I like some of the creature comforts (alcantara, heated seats/mirrors) and HID/alarm.

After two days calling dealers I struck gold and found a WRB BRZ Limited (AT) coming to Diablo Subaru in Walnut Creek, CA on Tuesday 6/12. I thought about it for a few days and put a deposit down on Thursday. Vehicle was delivered to the dealer Tuesday 6/19, picked it up last night.

Love the car, the color, and yes- the transmission. I'd post more but I have to go drive... somewhere. anywhere. right now.
hav0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #37
COOL BRZ

Drives: 11 Tacoma 4x4, 97 Supra TT (R.I.P.)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hi, I'm a new member and currently working on getting a BRZ. I've seen a couple of them available but they were marked up $4000 and $4500.
COOL BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #38
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Hello welcome to all new members!

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #39
Silver Bullet BRZ

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Just wanted to stop in and say hello. New BRZ owner in Sarasota, Florida. Absolutely loving the car so far!

I'm looking forward to the Florida BRZ population growing - maybe have some meets and possibly a track day.

Party on.....Doug
Old 06-26-2012, 12:21 AM   #40
nana

Drives: WRB BRZ
Hi everyone.. I've been browsing through this forum for a while.. got my WRB BRZ at the end of May and I absolutely love driving this car
nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #41
DaygoISn86
Cali Dude

Drives: '05 Lexus MT IS300
Garage
Hey ToyoBaru fans! I'm completely sold on the BRZ/FRS and can't wait to make my purchase once I'm back in the states. Been a Toyota fan for quite a while and a Subaru admirer as well. I plan on test driving an 86 over here in Bahrain where I am currently on deployment in the US Navy. Wish I could just buy an 86 in the states and even quickly researched the possibility of importing an 86 from Bahrain but it just as quickly proved unrealistic.

Currently own a 2005 IS300 which I love driving and working on(sometimes) even though it's slow and heavy. Maybe I'll turbo it one day... sometime after I install an LSD and consider a transmission swap

Leaning towards purchasing a SWP BRZ limited because of the options but I want to do something with the bumper eventually. I don't like the mustache and smile but I'll change that.

Looking forward to joining the conversation as an owner.

Also want to say I don't think these forums should be separated but if they must so be it. It's the same damn car to me just different branding. I just intro'd myself into the FRS side just to do it again on the BRZ side. What is the point? When it applies to one it almost always applies to the other. Like they say in the military "One team! One fight!".
The Following User Says Thank You to DaygoISn86 For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (06-26-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #42
Soyelflaco

Drives: BRZ Premium Silver
Hello,

I got my silver BRZ two weeks ago,

I have been a Subaru fan since 2003, when I drove a WRX. Since then I have driven an '01 RS and a '12 Impreza. My wife drives a new Outback. Before then she drove a V6 RAV4.

I loved the RAV4 and all my Imprezas, but not this much.
Soyelflaco is offline   Reply With Quote