follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 02-29-2016, 12:10 AM   #1
Elliott S

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My first Subaru

So long story short, I came home from deployment and sold my previous vehicle (2012 Honda Accord Coupe) and decided that I wanted to finally get my big boy car. So I went to my local Subaru dealer and took a look around and came home with this.

All was well in the world for... 3 months until I decided that I wanted to spice things up a bit and put my own personal twist on my vehicle. I wanted to be able to "hear" the infamous boxer engine so I decided upon the Invidia N1 Catback Exhaust system. I subsequently added an Injen SP Intake to my cart as well and installed both in relatively no time.

After these first couple of parts were installed I was following a VW Beetle one day and the female driver had the "flower" style tail lights as I like to call them and a thought immediately came into my head of how mine sort of look like that when I press the brakes, me being the insanely masculine man I am could NOT stand for this and got the Valenti Red Edition tail lights as smoked lenses are frowned upon here in NC.

After quite a bit of grinning when I would get on the throttle, I soon found that the obsession had begun and that I would not be pursuing a FI build for quite some time, therefore I decided to make the move and to then order the HKS Dual Resonated Front Pipe to place three resonators in my exhaust line to keep absolutely zero rasp and make sure that a consistent growl was always kept. I also added some front and rear emblem covers which compliment the car quite nicely and also started to debadge the BRZ. (no pics of the front pipe unfortunately and yes she is DIRTY)

The next thing on my list was to change out these Prius tires to some better ones and to get some wheels that I would enjoy sporting while driving my car. I searched around this forum and got into contact with a member and purchased some TSW Interlagos 19x8 et35 with some Continental Extreme Contact DSW tires. They came in slightly dirty and I eventually did a full detail to clean them up. I had been wanting some bigger wheels/tires to compliment my vehicle further and make sure I would get grip whenever I decided to go for rides in the mountains.

After getting the wheels balanced and put on, I drove around to make sure everything was great and I could feel an immediate change in grip. Being very pleased, I broke out the detailing equipment and got to work!

I made my way down to Greenville, SC to meet up with some buddies to take on the exciting and twisty mountain roads of the blue ridge parkway and the roads around there. I heard my tires squeal a couple of times and my brake pads got very hot at times, but a LOT of success was had and I kept up actually very well (had to stay revved) although the lead car (Red STI) was not pushing 100%. Overall, I am very excited to continue working on this car and seeing what more enjoyment I can get out of it. *please excuse my booty in the second*

Last edited by Elliott S; 02-29-2016 at 12:15 AM. Reason: bad grammar
Elliott S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Elliott S For This Useful Post:
BRZgirl (09-29-2016)