follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 04-30-2023, 05:02 PM   #407
woodchip

Drives: 2023 Subaru BRZ Sport Tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just placed an order for a sport tech in transit. hopefully here in 6 weeks. Been waiting on a toyota for 6 months and no car in site. giving up on that. frustrating to wait and wait. hoping to have a new toy to customize. had to compromise on price and features to just secure a car. probably cosy an extra 5 grand just to get something. hope it is all worth it.
woodchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 09:05 AM   #408
superjer

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchip View Post
Just placed an order for a sport tech in transit. hopefully here in 6 weeks. Been waiting on a toyota for 6 months and no car in site. giving up on that. frustrating to wait and wait. hoping to have a new toy to customize. had to compromise on price and features to just secure a car. probably cosy an extra 5 grand just to get something. hope it is all worth it.
Where did you buy from? I was originally trying to buy one from Subaru Calgary (where my first BRZ came from) but they were tacking on extra fees and costs. I happened upon mine at Centaur and there was no BS - I paid MSRP but not the ridiculous add-ons Subaru Calgary was insisting on.
superjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 10:21 AM   #409
ZDan

Drives: '23 BRZ
Thanked 3,891 Times in 2,032 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Figured I'd share this from my "new '23" post:

I've been sorta keeping an eye out, every ad, I'd call up and it was sold, nothing coming in for months, do I wanna order one and get it in 4-6 months?

Then I *had* to get a new car, I searched nationwide on AutoTrader and requested info on every single available BRZ Limited manual in my acceptable colors (Sapphire, Magnetite, WRB). MOST were already sold, but not *all*. I had a deposit on a WRB in Huntsville AL (McLarty Subaru) but then the gray one in NH showed up and was available. Boom, I test-drove and put down a deposit.

They are out there but you'll have to spend a couple/few solid days of back/forth with dealers!
ZDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 09:55 AM   #410
Fidrat

Drives: WR blue 03 WRX & 23 BRZ premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by superjer View Post
Where did you buy from? I was originally trying to buy one from Subaru Calgary (where my first BRZ came from) but they were tacking on extra fees and costs. I happened upon mine at Centaur and there was no BS - I paid MSRP but not the ridiculous add-ons Subaru Calgary was insisting on.
Same thing happened to me. Local dealer wanted 3K in bs add-ons,drove 50 mi to next city, got no bs at MSRP. They even gave me an option for free!
Fidrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 12:28 AM   #411
woodchip

Drives: 2023 Subaru BRZ Sport Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by superjer View Post
A lot of the upcharge was because it is a Sport Tech instead of a base. It is Calgary Subaru. 2400 over MSRP. By the time another comes in it is hard to tell what they will be asking. WE might have a recession and they might be cheaper. But a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. And it still is less than a 90 K pickup truck.

it
woodchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 11:59 AM   #412
Maplemoose

Drives: 2023 BRZ MT Sport Tech Black
Quote:
A lot of the upcharge was because it is a Sport Tech instead of a base. It is Calgary Subaru. 2400 over MSRP. By the time another comes in it is hard to tell what they will be asking. WE might have a recession and they might be cheaper. But a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. And it still is less than a 90 K pickup truck.
it
Scott Subaru sold me a 23 Sport Tech at MSRP this year.
Maplemoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 12:18 PM   #413
superjer

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Not of the relevance regarding Sport Tech vs. Base or a $90k pickup truck, but it's unfortunate Subaru Calgary gets away with this. I had previously walked away from a deal with Calgary Subaru on a 2022 because of their ridiculous up-charges so I was very happy to buy my 2023 (also a SportTech) at Centaur without any markups (and they took $1400 off the 7 year warranty I purchased). There are a number of Google reviews that also indicate Centaur is selling at MSRP versus Subaru Calgary. Of course if Centaur didn't have, or couldn't order, the car then that changes everything but given my experience, I'm staunchly anti-Subaru Calgary. I wrapped up my deal at Centaur (from walking in cold, to trade evaluation, to signing in like 60 minutes). Note that the 2016 I traded in came from Subaru Calgary.
superjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 11:47 AM   #414
tawheed

Drives: '13 Sport Tech
Picked mine up yesterday!
Attached Images

tawheed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tawheed For This Useful Post:
Greg Erskine (06-06-2023)