follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 03-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #43
raphy

Drives: whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
mark got mad pissed
raphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:00 AM   #44
R_E_L
He's got this.

Drives: 50th Anni BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphy View Post
mark got mad pissed
And rightfully so, he listened to the team decision, Seb didn't.

I'm not too shocked it happened really. I am sure Vettel is one of those super competitive people who would take any opportunity regardless of the potential consequence. Not to mention the fact that the extra points he got by going for it could make the difference at the end of the season. But the truth of the matter is that he ignored a team order and risked damaging both cars, very immature behavior IMO.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:07 AM   #45
raphy

^ i agree on that, to add insult to injury his "i didn't hear the call" excuse was pretty weak
Old 03-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #46
Calais

Drives: 2012 BRZ....finally
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphy View Post
mark got mad pissed
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_E_L View Post
And rightfully so, he listened to the team decision, Seb didn't.

I'm not too shocked it happened really. I am sure Vettel is one of those super competitive people who would take any opportunity regardless of the potential consequence. Not to mention the fact that the extra points he got by going for it could make the difference at the end of the season. But the truth of the matter is that he ignored a team order and risked damaging both cars, very immature behavior IMO.

i heard a couple of interviews with mark and i dont think he'll stay with red bull after all this
Old 03-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #47
ap5512

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I thought the race was full of drama and humor. Hamilton going to the McLaren pit stop was so hilarious. I've never really like Vettel and the Malaysia race pretty much re-affirmed why. I feel bad for Webber as he's gotten the shaft multiple times. I hope he leaves Red Bull at the end of the season. He's a talented driver but no point of racing for a team that's going to hold you back and not penalize Vettel for this actions.

On a another note...what the heck is happening to McLaren?? I haven't seen much coverage of them during these races??
ap5512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #48
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Seb is both an Alpha and a prima donna. IMHO, he knew what was going on as this is basic, routine stuff by the team, he took the position and he didn't give a damn about it. Webber and Seb do not like each other and Seb is a 3 time WC who's in high demand. This was a No-Win situation for Webber, nothing he could do could help his case. He's at the declining end of his career, no other top flight teams want him and he's currently in, arguably, the best car on the grid. His hopes at a championship died the day Vettel joined the team. He need to do what Massa has done and just accept his role as #2.

It's was a 100% alpha dog move by Seb, plain and simple.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #49
Superhatch
AIM4APX

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I'm trying to think of a team that Webber could go to, and I think that he would do well at Mclaren with Button, or even at Lotus with Kimi. I see those as possible positions where the #2 drivers there (Perez and Grossjeans) could be booted if they don't perform well enough this season.

Unlike Nico who can say "you owe me one" to Ross B, Webba' has had more than one "you owe me one" moment to Christian Horner but it seems like even when the team gives him one (as noted in this case) his teammate still denys him.

I think that he would be picked up without any issues if he left RB, but he likely wouldn't do as well as he's doing now...but who's to say.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #50
raphy

i dont think he would downgrade and move to a slower car IMO :/ but i have a feeling their relationship will corrode and a crash like 2010 may happen again
Old 03-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #51
jimmillion
Power Ranger Elite

Drives: '13 WRB Sport-tech
Does anyone know where to fine the Post-race Malaysian press conference?

Side Note: funniest Jalopnik post in a really long time, http://jalopnik.com/an-in-depth-anal...odiu-458724675

jimmillion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimmillion For This Useful Post:
Superhatch (03-25-2013)
Old 03-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #52
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmillion View Post
Does anyone know where to fine the Post-race Malaysian press conference?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2gv9WrjSeQ"]F1 Malaysian GP 2013 - Mark Webber On Sebastian Vettel Disobeying Teams Orders - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.reddit.com/r/formula1
ATL BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ATL BRZ For This Useful Post:
jimmillion (03-26-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 02:28 AM   #53
cfusionpm

Drives: Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
While Nico was mouthing off for the last chunk of the race, he fell in line with team orders. You don't disobey your engineers and Vettel did just that. I can only hope one of these kind of hot-headed stupid moves puts him and his team-mate out of the race so they both walk away with 0 points and hopefully a sense of humility.

Even though Alonso made a massive mistake, he owned it as his own mistake. I still wish him and Ferrari the best. Hamilton too. Take down the Red Balls.

2013 Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
cfusionpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #54
Calais

Drives: 2012 BRZ....finally
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
i really think vettel should be stood down for a race, if webber did this there would be massive implications but for vettel it a slap on the wrist and a "stern" "now dont you doo that again, ok?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL BRZ View Post

http://www.reddit.com/r/formula1
the last 10 seconds what webber says thats why i think he'll be at a different team next year
Old 03-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #55
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kJgUMH8Nj2M"]F1 Malaysian GP 2013 - Sebastian Vettel On Disobeying Team Orders - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PrVaADyuAWM"]F1 2013 - R02 - Vettel vs Webber battle onboard Sepang - YouTube[/ame]
ATL BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #56
R_E_L
He's got this.

Drives: 50th Anni BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Haha that little gesture by Webber at the end was hilarious. To an extent I think this has blown up a bit more than necessary, and I think it is partly because Vettel is already disliked to begin with.

And with all the things I've been reading I gotta say I hope Ecclestone and Pirelli sit down and decide to get rid of this fast degrading tire business. That on track fight made me realize how F1 has also degraded. I don't want teams that are going 1-2 to shut it down for the last quarter of the race, it's a race, so race!

Tags
no mikey nooo, supersupermaxmax, waawaaalewis