follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

View Poll Results: Which jab have you had?
Pfizer 53 51.96%
Moderna 27 26.47%
Johnson & Johnson 6 5.88%
AstraZeneca 4 3.92%
Novavax 0 0%
Sputnik 1 0.98%
Convidecia 0 0%
Homebrew with a big dose of something special 11 10.78%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 04:02 PM   #1429
Opie

Drives: '13 BRZ TLM Spec
Thanked 2,310 Times in 996 Posts
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Spaulding View Post
There you go again - tossing the "f" word around casually. You made a claim about studies demonstrating the inefficacy of masks. I asked you for a citation to those studies you claimed supported that assertion. You have not provided any. Instead, you mount an ad hominem based on a claim of my fear.

I ran into an example of this BS last night. I went to a meeting of my gun club. The room was about 50% full. I sat in the back with a few (dispersed) others. The guy running the meeting said something like, "You guys in the back move up front into some of these empty seat." I replied that, "we're social distancing." He said, "well, if you're afraid you can sit over on the side.' My response was, "it's not a function of fear, it's that situations like this are an IQ test."

I don't fear you or others. I'm pushing 70 - a LOT of things and a few people have tried unsuccessfully to kill me. I'm quite satisfied with it. If it all ends in 5 minutes, I have absolutely no complaints. You and others with your attitude, don't scare me, you just piss me off. You spew rubbish masquerading as "fact." I find your and their behavior anti-social. Not according to my ideals, but in the context of the reality we confront and the conclusions of people who know a lot more about that reality than either of us.

I care about this because I have this fleeting hope that someday our species will come to its senses and realize the only thing that can save us, from us, (collectively) IS us. And yet, we continue to be beset by roving gangs of bullshit artists who seem intent on bringing the "age of men" to a close. Why is it so difficult for you and the "others" you refer to to comprehend that other human beings can be motivated by anything but selfishness? That may be what keeps you going, but some folks care about things bigger than their selfish wants.

You claim to weigh the data. OK. Provide the citations I asked you for to the studies that demonstrate the inefficacy of masking.
Listen old angry guy, from another old, but un-angry guy, you said, and I quote:

Quote:
But that's not what anyone is tryng to do, now is it? As I requested of Opie, show me a citation to some credible source that supports your fear. Then, let's discuss it.
You asked for a citation that supports my fear, a fear I don't have.

You are so fearful over this virus that you research only one point of view to strengthen your views while closing your mind to any differing possibilities. You want citations, stop posting your useless babble here and go find them yourself. You want everyone else to meet YOUR expectations of defense against this virus, your gun club, other members here, innocent bystanders at your local store. You want them to alter their actions to SUIT YOU. Talk about selfishness. Your reality is not mine. When I am advised TO NOT take a vaccine by the experts and professionals that monitor MY health, I listen. Then all the idiots on the internet tell me I'm wrong for doing what medical experts have recommended to me, Now I'm called a conspiracy theorist, an anti-vaxxer, a Maskhole just to try and peer pressure me to GO AGAINST THE MEDICAL ADVICE I HAVE BEEN GIVEN? And regarding the effectiveness of masks vs the virus, I posted one of the opposing studies previously, but as normal, you are to busy yelling your points from the rooftop to stop and see it. Keep throwing your intended insults and labels out, you aren't changing my mind, you are just demonstrating how you want to spread your misery to others.
p1l0t (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 04:09 PM   #1430
Opie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
You obviously don't care about anyone but yourself, so why are you in here then? What do you plan to contribute other than just be a naysayer of anything anyone says?
Aw, you care enough to respond, how cute, and threw in a "you only care about yourself" jab...

It is a discussion on vaccines, I am discussing. That's why I am here. I am an individual, each individual here has different needs, wants, medical histories, etc. I discussed my opinions, others discussed theirs and others just attack anyone that doesn't share their viewpoint it's quite the dumpster fire instead of a productive discussion...
Jdmjunkie (04-07-2021), p1l0t (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 04:13 PM   #1431
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,928 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie View Post
Aw, you care enough to respond, how cute.

It is a discussion on vaccines, I am discussing. That's why I am here. I am an individual, each individual here has different needs, wants, medical histories, etc. I discussed my opinions, others discussed theirs and others just attack anyone that doesn't share their viewpoint.
If Rage Against the Machine has taught me anything it's to know your enemy.

But from my observation you don't seem to be discussing anything. Besides, your views and actions negatively impact others, which is the problem of this whole situation. If it only effected you, and you alone, that would be different and I would agree with you. But it doesn't.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
Old 04-07-2021, 04:27 PM   #1432
Opie

Garage
Quote:
If Rage Against the Machine has taught me anything it's to know your enemy.

But from my observation you don't seem to be discussing anything. Besides, your views and actions negatively impact others, which is the problem of this whole situation. If it only effected you, and you alone, that would be different and I would agree with you. But it doesn't.
You learned how to find an enemy by listening to a rock band? OK

My views and actions don't positively or negatively affect anyone else, they do only affect me. They are MY views. If some other being wants to live their life based on my views that is their choice. Also your views affect anyone. Regarding the topic, the vaccine, my choice, based on the medical recommendations of those that asses my health (that would be doctors) is a no go currently. As stated previously, I have played the game of responsibility and wore a mask even after Fauci said it was ineffective, washed and cleaned surfaces (now proven unnecessary) and socially distanced (12ft, then 6ft, now 3ft....) and somehow still got this killer virus that was about as bad as a common cold. So stop preaching to me like I'm the anti-christ of super spreading.
p1l0t (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 04:43 PM   #1433
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Quote:
You learned how to find an enemy by listening to a rock band? OK

My views and actions don't positively or negatively affect anyone else, they do only affect me. They are MY views. If some other being wants to live their life based on my views that is their choice. Also your views affect anyone. Regarding the topic, the vaccine, my choice, based on the medical recommendations of those that asses my health (that would be doctors) is a no go currently. As stated previously, I have played the game of responsibility and wore a mask even after Fauci said it was ineffective, washed and cleaned surfaces (now proven unnecessary) and socially distanced (12ft, then 6ft, now 3ft....) and somehow still got this killer virus that was about as bad as a common cold. So stop preaching to me like I'm the anti-christ of super spreading.
Oh I'll preach to you anyway I feel like it

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
Old 04-07-2021, 05:09 PM   #1434
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Careful now, I hear they finding creative ways to ban people who aren't fitting the narative.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2021, 05:11 PM   #1435
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,513 Times in 18,917 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
None of them have recommended I get the vaccination if that is what you are asking.
No. I asked if you asked and if yes, what was their advice.

edit: the second "if yes" is an addition for clarification.
Old 04-07-2021, 05:12 PM   #1436
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,513 Times in 18,917 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
You apparently are late to the discussion and chiming in without all the details, look back....
Been here all along. Link?
Old 04-07-2021, 05:52 PM   #1437
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Listen old angry guy, from another old, but un-angry guy, you said, and I quote:

You asked for a citation that supports my fear, a fear I don't have.

You are so fearful over this virus that you research only one point of view to strengthen your views while closing your mind to any differing possibilities. You want citations, stop posting your useless babble here and go find them yourself. You want everyone else to meet YOUR expectations of defense against this virus, your gun club, other members here, innocent bystanders at your local store. You want them to alter their actions to SUIT YOU. Talk about selfishness. Your reality is not mine. When I am advised TO NOT take a vaccine by the experts and professionals that monitor MY health, I listen. Then all the idiots on the internet tell me I'm wrong for doing what medical experts have recommended to me, Now I'm called a conspiracy theorist, an anti-vaxxer, a Maskhole just to try and peer pressure me to GO AGAINST THE MEDICAL ADVICE I HAVE BEEN GIVEN? And regarding the effectiveness of masks vs the virus, I posted one of the opposing studies previously, but as normal, you are to busy yelling your points from the rooftop to stop and see it. Keep throwing your intended insults and labels out, you aren't changing my mind, you are just demonstrating how you want to spread your misery to others.
Dude. You must be an engineer (edit: apologies to legit engineers). Pilot implied he was concerned about being forced to stay inside by some nefarious outside force. I asked him to support that claim or concern with data. Just as I asked YOU to support your claim of multiple studies indicating mask inefficacy with citations. He has not done so and neither have you. Therefore I must conclude that you have no such support and there are no such studies and you are just MSU. Your "research skills" were honed, no doubt, with the help of Q.

Instead you resort to standard internet yahoo modes of "argumentation" - in the absence of credible support for your positions, you wave your arms and attack your interlocutor. You have convinced me of one thing - you are incapable of or unwilling to engage in reasoned discourse and as such are not really worth consideration. Like some others, you're just here to troll. If you get off on that, well, it's not my place to tell you how to get your jollies.

I see no need, however, to allow you to hump my leg to do it.

Last edited by Capt Spaulding; 04-07-2021 at 06:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Capt Spaulding For This Useful Post:
weederr33 (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 06:20 PM   #1438
Opie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Been here all along. Link?
Cliff notes for the lazy, plus it was repeated 3 posts or so back, 1) Prior severe complications to flu vaccines, 2) Robust immune system, 3) Have been advised against getting it (the vaccine) by my doctors.

Quote:
No. I asked if you asked and if yes, what was their advice.

edit: the second "if yes" is an addition for clarification.
See above

Quote:
Smallpox, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis... Just off the top of my head.

I do not understand the opposition.
Pretty sure all those viruses/diseases are still around, and mutating, and infecting people.

Again, see above
Old 04-07-2021, 06:30 PM   #1439
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Quote:
Cliff notes for the lazy, plus it was repeated 3 posts or so back, 1) Prior severe complications to flu vaccines, 2) Robust immune system, 3) Have been advised against getting it (the vaccine) by my doctors.
What was the logic for your doctors advising against the vaccine? Did they say or just simply state not to get it?

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
Old 04-07-2021, 06:43 PM   #1440
Opie

Garage
Quote:
Dude. You must be an engineer (edit: apologies to legit engineers). Pilot implied he was concerned about being forced to stay inside by some nefarious outside force. I asked him to support that claim or concern with data. Just as I asked YOU to support your claim of multiple studies indicating mask inefficacy with citations. He has not done so and neither have you. Therefore I must conclude that you have no such support and there are no such studies and you are just MSU. Your "research skills" were honed, no doubt, with the help of Q.

Instead you resort to standard internet yahoo modes of "argumentation" - in the absence of credible support for your positions, you wave your arms and attack your interlocutor. You have convinced me of one thing - you are incapable of or unwilling to engage in reasoned discourse and as such are not really worth consideration. Like some others, you're just here to troll. If you get off on that, well, it's not my place to tell you how to get your jollies.

I see no need, however, to allow you to hump my leg to do it.
LOL, you are responding to my posts, you could've scrolled on by. Who's humping who?

For the Pilot question, not sure why directed at me, likely to deflect attention, but: https://epass.ny.gov/home Not a nefarious force, kinda like the force you are trying to apply on those that don't agree with you. Show your multipass or else!

For the mask inefficacy question, I already posted a link to the study, with citations previously. Your ineptitude or lack of interest in looking for it causes an incorrect conclusion that it must not exist. I have all the time in the world, but don't need pander to someone's laziness.

Then again, to deflect attention and try to minimize my opinion you make the assumption that I am influenced by Q, which I can only also assume you mean the minority group of conspiracy wackos made famous by those trying to tie their beliefs to a specific political party. A name calling 70 year old, I'll bet you are proud.

Then you accuse me of doing the exact thing you are doing and have been all along. You chose to comment on my posts, you were unable and unwilling to have a civil discussion and resulted to name calling....even continuing as shown above instead of respectful disagreement.

I'm here (on this site) for the car content...not for the I'm right because I said so and you're wrong because I said so off-topic mouth sewage.
Attached Images

Last edited by Opie; 04-07-2021 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Added picture of a car....to a car site. Car has not been vaccinated either
Old 04-07-2021, 06:50 PM   #1441
Opie

Garage
Quote:
What was the logic for your doctors advising against the vaccine? Did they say or just simply state not to get it?
Logic was to wait on the vaccine until more data was available due to an ailment, there is not enough data to say it is reasonably safe for me at this time. As I have stated earlier, if/when they say it is safe, for me, I will get it. If they conclude it is not safe in my case, I won't.
Dadhawk (04-07-2021), Ultramaroon (04-07-2021), weederr33 (04-07-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 07:07 PM   #1442
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
No porn allowed!
Attached Images

5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (04-07-2021), Opie (04-08-2021)
Closed Thread

Tags
eagle5 got sandy vag, tread harder daddy, tylerlieberman is a cuck