follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.


User Tag List
go_a_way1

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2019, 01:50 PM   #4047
Vital
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Drives: 2015 BRZ
Location: Texas
Posts: 640
Thanks: 203
Thanked 312 Times in 235 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSK View Post
they have 225/40s right now, i probably wouldn't go over a 235 later on though, I don't want to roll my stock fenders yet.
I think that tire size will work, but keep in mind it you will get a stretched look.
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:52 PM   #4048
LSK
Member
 
LSK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Drives: BRZ Limited w/Performance Package
Location: Warren County NJ
Posts: 67
Thanks: 3
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vital View Post
I think that tire size will work, but keep in mind it you will get a stretched look.



I didn't see the CR Kai in that thread?


I'm OK with a slight stretch for now.
__________________
2017 CWP Limited PP
LSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:56 PM   #4049
Vital
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Drives: 2015 BRZ
Location: Texas
Posts: 640
Thanks: 203
Thanked 312 Times in 235 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSK View Post
I didn't see the CR Kai in that thread?


I'm OK with a slight stretch for now.
Oh sorry, yea they tested the Volks with the same specs as your Works and it fit. Now, if the spoke design effects clearance than i dont know about that lol.
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 01:07 AM   #4050
Enterthe
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Drives: FR-S
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Currently lowered on TRD lowering springs, no other suspension mods. Looking to pick up a set of TE37 Sagas in 17x8.5 +45. Will these wheels fit without any other suspension mods? TIA!
Enterthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:28 PM   #4051
LSK
Member
 
LSK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Drives: BRZ Limited w/Performance Package
Location: Warren County NJ
Posts: 67
Thanks: 3
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vital View Post
Oh sorry, yea they tested the Volks with the same specs as your Works and it fit. Now, if the spoke design effects clearance than i dont know about that lol.



they fit, barely though. brakes are close on the inside edge.
__________________
2017 CWP Limited PP
LSK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LSK For This Useful Post:
Vital (04-01-2019)
Old 04-01-2019, 01:52 PM   #4052
Vital
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Drives: 2015 BRZ
Location: Texas
Posts: 640
Thanks: 203
Thanked 312 Times in 235 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSK View Post
they fit, barely though. brakes are close on the inside edge.
Nice, good to get confirmation that it works. Like i said worse case scenario you might be able to get away with using a 3mm spacer.
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 01:53 PM   #4053
Vital
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Drives: 2015 BRZ
Location: Texas
Posts: 640
Thanks: 203
Thanked 312 Times in 235 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterthe View Post
Currently lowered on TRD lowering springs, no other suspension mods. Looking to pick up a set of TE37 Sagas in 17x8.5 +45. Will these wheels fit without any other suspension mods? TIA!
Yes that should fit without an issues.
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:16 PM   #4054
LSK
Member
 
LSK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Drives: BRZ Limited w/Performance Package
Location: Warren County NJ
Posts: 67
Thanks: 3
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vital View Post
Nice, good to get confirmation that it works. Like i said worse case scenario you might be able to get away with using a 3mm spacer.
Yeah with the offset I would probably have clearance issues with my fenders.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
__________________
2017 CWP Limited PP
LSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:45 AM   #4055
MaverickMonk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Drives: 13 BRZ Limited
Location: DC
Posts: 111
Thanks: 32
Thanked 41 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm a little bit torn, and I hope this is the right place to ask.

I've got 8" wheels I need tires for (Couldn't go with 9" with stock suspension without poke).

Now, I love a meaty look, but not if it's going to be at the cost of performance.

Planning on getting Michelin Pilot 4s, but don't know which size (Mostly daily and spirited safe backroad fun, also maybe some autoX in novice class).

225/45ZR17: Thin look, 26lbs, slightly over diameter, stiffest sidewall, 8.9" tread

235/45ZR17: Best fit, 9.3" tread, but significantly over diameter

245/40ZR17: Best look, best diameter, 9.8" tread, slightly pinched.

I'm guessing (and reading) that 245s are probably out, due to the pinching and being a little squirmy/rolly/soft.

So will I be best suited with 235s and the resulting tall gearing, or should I suck it up and go with 225s?
MaverickMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:52 AM   #4056
Vital
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Drives: 2015 BRZ
Location: Texas
Posts: 640
Thanks: 203
Thanked 312 Times in 235 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickMonk View Post
I'm a little bit torn, and I hope this is the right place to ask.

I've got 8" wheels I need tires for (Couldn't go with 9" with stock suspension without poke).

Now, I love a meaty look, but not if it's going to be at the cost of performance.

Planning on getting Michelin Pilot 4s, but don't know which size (Mostly daily and spirited safe backroad fun, also maybe some autoX in novice class).

225/45ZR17: Thin look, 26lbs, slightly over diameter, stiffest sidewall, 8.9" tread

235/45ZR17: Best fit, 9.3" tread, but significantly over diameter

245/40ZR17: Best look, best diameter, 9.8" tread, slightly pinched.

I'm guessing (and reading) that 245s are probably out, due to the pinching and being a little squirmy/rolly/soft.

So will I be best suited with 235s and the resulting tall gearing, or should I suck it up and go with 225s?
You're gonna get a few different answers as this is all subjective in my opinion. For an 8" wheel i would use 225/45/17 or 245/40/17. I personally use 245/40 tires on 8" wheels and i love it. I have no issues with it being squirmy or pinched. The tires im using are Firehawk Indy 500s and i wouldnt consider the sidewall to be soft. I think its a great fit and looks great. I too read i would lose steering feel and its too much tire for street use, but honestly i felt none of that and im most likely going to continue using this set up. Forget to mention my car is also DD and spirited runs as well no tracking/autoX.
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:52 PM   #4057
Kdaddy
Junior Member
 
Kdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S and 2016 BRZ
Location: Base of the Dragon, TN
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Moving from a 2013 FRS to 2016 BRZ...
Much thanks to those that came before me. The tire wheel chart was indespencable to my purchase decision for a set of 17x 9 40mm offset Konig DEKAGRAM wheels (advertised at 17 lbs for well under $200) and 245/40 17 Michelin pilot sport 4s tires. No fitment issues. Will post pics later when I figure out a place to post LOL... Oh wait the advanced tab (edit.... Haha apparently I still don't know WTF I am doing) Rears near perfect flush and fronts a very slight poke. Beautiful and beefy!

Last edited by Kdaddy; 04-19-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Kdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:21 AM   #4058
Vital
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Drives: 2015 BRZ
Location: Texas
Posts: 640
Thanks: 203
Thanked 312 Times in 235 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdaddy View Post
Moving from a 2013 FRS to 2016 BRZ...
Much thanks to those that came before me. The tire wheel chart was indespencable to my purchase decision for a set of 17x 9 40mm offset Konig DEKAGRAM wheels (advertised at 17 lbs for well under $200) and 245/40 17 Michelin pilot sport 4s tires. No fitment issues. Will post pics later when I figure out a place to post LOL... Oh wait the advanced tab (edit.... Haha apparently I still don't know WTF I am doing) Rears near perfect flush and fronts a very slight poke. Beautiful and beefy!
Use https://imgur.com/ to post pics its easier. I have 17x8 Dekagrams and love them as well. In hindsight i should have gotten 17x9 as well to get a more flush fitment.
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:16 PM   #4059
CAPSLOCK
Member
 
CAPSLOCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Drives: Miata, 17' BRZ
Location: D.C.
Posts: 38
Thanks: 0
Thanked 43 Times in 18 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm thinking of running 18 x 9.5 +35 with 1" drop on coils. Am I going to run into rub issues with the +35 on 255 tires?
CAPSLOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:44 PM   #4060
le_p
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Drives: 86 GTS
Location: Aus - Vic
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got an 86 with the Brembo PP and looking at replacing the wheels with SSR GTX01 18x8.5 +44. Will these wheels clear the Brembos?
le_p is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
fitment, flush, offset, rays volk te37's, rims, rotas, size, spacers, width

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Determining the proper width size of the tire CyberFormula Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 49 05-23-2014 09:11 AM
Correct tire width for each wheel width DarrenDriven Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 10 08-16-2012 02:03 PM
TIRE SIZE CALCULATOR White64Goat Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 6 08-15-2012 02:31 AM
Tire Width vs Wheel Width Synack Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 40 08-12-2012 11:21 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.