follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 04-09-2022, 03:45 PM   #15
clovercat

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello,
I just want to ask things about the rear brake kit. Dose the 2013 rear disc and caliper bracket of AP BBK fit with the 2022 version? I most concern is weather the hand brake part of the 2022 version is the same as 2013 version?
Thank you!
clovercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 04:54 PM   #16
JOSEC

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ WRB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRitt View Post
Hello,

I wanted to update everyone on where we are on AP Racing brake system development for the Gen.2 cars.

We were hopeful that our AP Racing by Essex Competition Brake Kits for the Gen.1 BRZ/FR-S/GT86 would bolt directly onto the new Gen.2 cars. That is unfortunately NOT the case. We have confirmed that the bottom portion of the caliper bracket from our Gen.1 Sprint Kit prevents it from seating properly on the Gen.2 spindle. The humps on the bottom of our bracket prevent the mounting holes from lining up (see pic below). As such, we are back to the drawing board. We have a new 2022 BRZ on loan from a generous customer arriving next Monday 12/13/21. We will be taking complete front and rear measurements from the car, and will very shortly know what exactly what type of brake upgrades we can provide.

We definitely intend to produce a new version of our tremendously popular Sprint Kit for the new chassis, which shaved 20 unsprung pounds off the nose of the Gen.1 while offering a wide array of other benefits (huge fade resistance, tons of pad options, low long-term running costs, etc.). We are also considering a complete front and rear Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kit, leveraging the latest AP Racing caliper technology. We are also looking at making any Radi-CAL setup we create applicable to the Gen.1 cars.

Please let us know if there is anything else brake-related that you'd like to see.

Finally, if you are interested in receiving the latest updates on our progress, please visit our homepage, scroll to the bottom, and sign up for our email newsletter. That will ensure that you're kept in the loop: https://www.essexparts.com/

On recent brake kit releases we have been offering reservations, which has worked out really well and put our brake kits in the hands of those who want them the most as quickly as possible. I expect we'll do the same with our new BRZ/GR86 products.

Thanks for your continued support, and for making the 86 chassis one of the most popular in the history of our AP Racing by Essex Brake Kit program.

One more image that AP Racing recently shared with us that I thought was pretty darn cool. AP Racing has had one of their brake or clutch products on every car that has won a Formula 1 race since 1967!

Hey Jeff,

I've had my Sprint Kit since 2014 and has had one rebuild so far and 2 sets of rotors. Car now makes more power than it has ever had and I'm glad you guys are finally making AP Radical Front and Rear for the the Gen 1 cars. Definitely upgrading to those soon.

In saying that, I printed out the CP9668/372MM, CP9660/355MM, and the CP9451/340MM templates. Double checking for dimension accuracy. And they all fit within the APEX EC7R 18X9.5 +40mm.

CP9668/372MM clears with 2-3mm on the spoke and barrel.
JOSEC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JOSEC For This Useful Post:
JRitt (05-13-2022)
Old 05-13-2022, 08:52 AM   #17
JRitt

Drives: 2012 BRZ Premium WRB 6MT
Thanked 1,411 Times in 376 Posts
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEC View Post
Hey Jeff,

I've had my Sprint Kit since 2014 and has had one rebuild so far and 2 sets of rotors. Car now makes more power than it has ever had and I'm glad you guys are finally making AP Radical Front and Rear for the the Gen 1 cars. Definitely upgrading to those soon.

In saying that, I printed out the CP9668/372MM, CP9660/355MM, and the CP9451/340MM templates. Double checking for dimension accuracy. And they all fit within the APEX EC7R 18X9.5 +40mm.

CP9668/372MM clears with 2-3mm on the spoke and barrel.

Thank you very much for the data points! I just added this wheel to our confirmed fitments for each of these kits.

Just an FYI...Essex is now an authorized APEX wheel dealer. We are in the midst of updating our website with all the latest info on APEX. We can set you up with a great wheel and brake package. Just let us know what you're after. Thanks again!

JRitt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JRitt For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (05-13-2022)

Tags
brake, disc, pad, rotor, track