follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 07-27-2016, 10:26 PM   #15
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCarbine View Post
Do you know which monitors will say not complete? I've had the opposite experience in that if the monitor is supported it will read as complete. This with ecutek, romraider and the various other tuning software on other platforms I've used.

I've got my emissions readout here done a month ago with the catalyst efficiency monitor showing ready and the CEL is turned off in romraider

I've scanned the frs with an ecutek tune that disabled the secondary o2 and also gotten all monitors to show complete

I'm not trying to be a **** and say everyone else is wrong, maybe there are different ecu revisions or definition files that handle it differently?
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
no problem it an ongoing debate :-)

see here from Delicious tuning
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...27&postcount=7

as i said we dont have those checks in my country but been told it varies between states in USA some more strict than others

some just check cels
some visual
some want all readyness check pass/complete
some will accept a couple of checks incomplete status if all else ok

I can only go off my own car disabled CEL P0420 but torque app shows catalyst readiness check incomplete.

might be different with ecutek but according to deliceous tuning ecutek does not force readyness either as per above link

another thread here, seems pretty random even on ecutek tunes
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34704
Quote:
That might be a CYA statement, as fiddling with any of the emissions monitors would be a federal crime in the US I would think.

I could scan my emissions test and upload it, but maybe this is one of those "features" that should not have a lot of publicity brought about.
Quote:
If software allows you to disable and show "ready/complete" that would be the most foolproof way.

If not, then the defouler/spacer method would be the next best bet. I've had mixed results with the defouler on other platforms, but no experience with it on the FRS. Looks like people have good luck with it on the FRS, and its cheap and easy. Not sure if they would be able to spot it on the visual inspection if your state does that.

Thought I would necro this thread to share what I've found running Torque and using an OFT Stage 2 UEL E85 tune:

This would essentially pass in my state of PA, not sure why no one else is getting the ready message all the way through, as for evap you need to make sure your tank is essentially full.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:48 AM   #16
radroach

Drives: car
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Yep E85 will pretty much run TOO CLEAN on any sniff test.

I couldn't find an appropriate "Why must you raise the dead?" meme so take your pick https://www.google.com/search?q=why+...+the+dead+meme
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:11 AM   #17
DJCarbine
Thupercharged

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Romraider/ecutek can do funny things to emissions monitors, probably should not advertise it too much as it is tampering with emissions systems (Volkswagon anybody?) but I doubt anyone cares as Hondata etc. can do the same thing
2019 Series.Grey STI - Stage1+ SF
DJCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:02 PM   #18
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by radroach View Post
Yep E85 will pretty much run TOO CLEAN on any sniff test.

E85 has no bearing on I/M emissions readiness from OBD-II
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
Old 07-28-2016, 12:04 PM   #19
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Romraider/ecutek can do funny things to emissions monitors, probably should not advertise it too much as it is tampering with emissions systems (Volkswagon anybody?) but I doubt anyone cares as Hondata etc. can do the same thing

Yea , and as was said before people used to do it to the older WRXs and forced emissions readiness. As for EVAP sys that should do fine as long as the fuel level is high enough