follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 10-19-2015, 01:15 PM   #1
Train

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Body shop in York region

Due to terrible luck one and my incredible stupidity/bravery I have to repaint the side of my door . I was looking to see if anyone has been to vaughan fine touch auto. The shop has worked with lots of High-end cars and the owner seem to be really nice and professional. I got quoted 1800 for the entire door blended to the front and rear quarter.

Quick Update #1: I got in touch with Rich from Uni-Body (in mississauga) since alot of subaru owners seem to have had good experience there. Will be going in tmr morning to get proper assessment, but from the picture i've sent him, he said it shoudl be around 1300 for the full door and to blend it with fender and quarter panel including the polishing job. I know there was a forum member who advised Uni body. Will keep you guys updated in case someone else might run into similar situation.

Quick update 2: I visited european autobody and although the shop was really good, the price was similar to vaughan fine touch auto. Went to uni body since they were also a sponsor/vendor in subaru forums. Rich and Sam were very honest and helpful. Their quote and wait time were really good. Luckily I was able to drop my car today. They said it should take about 3-4 days. I'll wait before I say yayy or nay. But so far really great and honest guys here. All 3 shops have been pleasant so far.

Update 3: i got my car back about a week ago. I cannot tell where they painted/blended in comparison to the OEM pats. I did however notice very tiny blemishes (can't really see it without particular lighting and angle). Rich asked me to bring the car in, to see it, and later asked when it might be convinient for me to bring it in so they can try polishing/wet sanding it. turns out its under the clear and they'd have to repaint the door section, which i felt was too big of a job for such minute detail imo. All in all, they were really fast, professional and did a really good job with the overall paint job. Their painter is trained straight from germany,
and honestly, i cant tell which part has been blended/painted. So if there's anyone looking to get their car repainted, i'd definitely recommend giving unibody Rich or his father Sam a call. i'll post a picture of it so you guys can see for yourself.
Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Train; 10-29-2015 at 03:14 PM.
Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:51 PM   #2
drewbot
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Drives: '13 Whiteout FR-S A/T
Thanked 1,452 Times in 752 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Train View Post
Due to terrible luck one and my incredible stupidity/bravery I have to repaint the side of my door . I was looking to see if anyone has been to vaughan fine touch auto. The shop has worked with lots of High-end cars and the owner seem to be really nice and professional. I got quoted 1800 for the entire door blended to the front and rear quarter.

Seems a bit high, I got a brand new front fender and door blend for about $1300, but this was all done on insurance
drewbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:48 PM   #3
BTXP.XD

Drives: 14' FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Where did you go to get the quote, try asking velocity?
BTXP.XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:54 PM   #4
bhbnuckle

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S/2003 Honda Accord
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Train View Post

I would go European Auto Body if I were you.

Mani the owner handles lots of Maseratti,Ferraris and any other super cars.
bhbnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bhbnuckle For This Useful Post:
Train (10-19-2015)
Old 10-19-2015, 04:53 PM   #5
fumanchu1

Drives: 2013 Brz C38 (bought not built :P)
Thanked 1,249 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhbnuckle View Post
I would go European Auto Body if I were you.

Mani the owner handles lots of Maseratti,Ferraris and any other super cars.
I second that
fumanchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fumanchu1 For This Useful Post:
Train (10-19-2015)
Old 10-19-2015, 07:11 PM   #6
Train

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for quick response guys. I'll definitely head over to see if I can get a quote. Apparently the owner of the vaughan fine touch auto has worked with one of the guys from brz world and works with lambo and porsche too.

Train is offline   Reply With Quote