follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 05-01-2021, 04:26 PM   #1
Colours

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS 10 Series
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Spec-D Wiring on a 10 Series FRS

I've been searching pretty much everywhere to find a good easy solution to be able to put my Spec-D Headlights which come with the base frs 6-Pin connector on my 10 Series which comes with the HID's from factory so it has the 8-Pin connector instead of the 6.

I've seen a lot of threads and I've been getting a lot of information and nothing that's really helped me fully. I'm not opposed to custom wiring aka De-pinning the connector on the stock headlight and then de-pinning the connector on the Spec-D and re-pinning it so that it has an 8-Pin on it. But I also really wouldn't mind a just straight up connector if it exists somewhere.

I've seen a few out there but I haven't really been sure which one I should get so if any of you 10 Series owners have purchased one and done this exact same thing and could help me out. It would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Colours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 11:33 AM   #2
NyC Zn6

Drives: 10 Series #974 6m/t
Thanked 1,140 Times in 669 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colours View Post
I've been searching pretty much everywhere to find a good easy solution to be able to put my Spec-D Headlights which come with the base frs 6-Pin connector on my 10 Series which comes with the HID's from factory so it has the 8-Pin connector instead of the 6.

I've seen a lot of threads and I've been getting a lot of information and nothing that's really helped me fully. I'm not opposed to custom wiring aka De-pinning the connector on the stock headlight and then de-pinning the connector on the Spec-D and re-pinning it so that it has an 8-Pin on it. But I also really wouldn't mind a just straight up connector if it exists somewhere.

I've seen a few out there but I haven't really been sure which one I should get so if any of you 10 Series owners have purchased one and done this exact same thing and could help me out. It would be much appreciated. Thanks!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byp...1GY3hNTkE/view - Hopefully this helps
NyC Zn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 04:10 PM   #3
CalebMeth

Drives: 2013 FR-S 10 Series
HELP

Hey bud I just had the same thing happen, I bought spec d headlights that are 6 pin but mine are 8 pin on the car. What did you do?
CalebMeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 04:10 PM   #4
CalebMeth

Drives: 2013 FR-S 10 Series
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyC Zn6 View Post
Could I get access to this?
CalebMeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 05:52 PM   #5
pope
has a funny hat

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Do yourself a favor and keep the OEM HID's and toss the cheap aftermarket lights in the trash (or sell them to some other sucker). The OEM HID's offer some of the best night driving visibility available for these cars.
pope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 series, frs, spec d headlights, wiring