follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 07-23-2017, 08:56 PM   #225
nunonuna

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaetagnath View Post
I don't think so. I have a regular OEM switch I bought from a user on here to look at. Connections are totally different. Also, the easygo button itself serves as the emergency sensor in case the battery dies in the key fob (you take the back cover off, hold it up to the sensor and push the button over and over again, eventually the car turns on). So, I think even if you could get the OEM switch to work you would lose that functionality which is important.
Yeah, that makes sense.
nunonuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 05:20 PM   #226
clflorida

Drives: 2013 frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
All the edits:

Honestly, to anyone who hasn't decided if they should have this done professionally or not, pay the $600 or $800 and have it done. This was 98% not worth the hours in the sun I have spent doing this.

Got the door handle on yesterday after 4 hours. Something I've taken off 6 times but I guess the connector makes a difference.

Grounded the system to a point where I guess the abs light is connected to and kept getting the no traction light. So moved that and fixed that.

Played with the wires and got the lock to work. So I can lock and unlock the car now. But of course when I put on the kick panel, a 45 minute ordeal everytime, it did something and my lock is back to not locking. It's too hot for this shit. Why can't it just work.

Last edited by clflorida; 09-09-2017 at 03:38 PM.
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
easygo, remote start