follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 05-30-2015, 04:57 PM   #1
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
iGarage Markham supercharger install review

I was fortunate enough to pick up an HKS GT V1 supercharger kit with Stg 3 upgrades recently from the brother of the owner of Alpha Motorsports. They were a pleasure to deal with BTW and I will send any business I can their way. As a warehouse/online operation it is best to call or email them before dropping in as there's no showroom. They are pretty low key but they do have stuff for the twins in stock...including Swift springs!! Anyway, this was a swap from Alpha's Rocket Bunny BRZ to my FR-S and they recommended iGarage as they did the original install. Ivan, the boss at iGarage was reasonable and slotted me in within less than a week from when I called. He is a friendly guy and seems to get a ton of Subies in his shop. The car went in on Thursday morning and was ready to go by Fri evening. This was both a removal and an install. I am very satisfied with the job and would recommend Ivan for anything from a header install, FI install, brakes, etc. He has a guy there that works on projects so they get worked on continuously until done. The shop is small but they can do whatever you need reasonably. I had heard a member say he will install headers for $50. That sounded a bit far fetched but they did do a great job for me. Recommended!
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.

Last edited by wbradley; 05-30-2015 at 05:08 PM.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
bedabi (05-30-2015), FRSCanuck (05-30-2015), Mr.Impreza (05-30-2015), Myv (05-30-2015)
Old 05-30-2015, 05:07 PM   #2
FRSCanuck

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Great review!

Have you decided what route your going to take with regards to the tune?
FRSCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 05:23 PM   #3
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSCanuck View Post
Great review!

Have you decided what route your going to take with regards to the tune?
I have an appointment with Sasha @ Onpoint in 2 weeks. On the donor BRZ the dyno chart shows peak wheel HP at 244. Thats pretty close to 300 at the crank. I should be pretty equal with my current setup. In the meantime I am using the HKS ECU module which is extremely conservative. I will decide later whether to install the smaller pulley/upgraded fuelling as I am not quite prepared to upgrade the clutch or internals at this point.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
The Following User Says Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
86Tony (06-07-2015)
Old 05-30-2015, 06:23 PM   #4
Mr.Impreza
Mr.Fujitsubo

Drives: 2018 STI
Thanked 1,552 Times in 784 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Sweet, I must of brought in good lucky that day haha :p

Going to be a crazy car now for sure!!!

Mr.Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Impreza For This Useful Post:
wbradley (05-30-2015)
Old 05-30-2015, 07:45 PM   #5
Myv

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Saw you this morning, and your car sounds amazing when you cranked her up have fun with the new boost! Super nice under the hood
Myv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:49 PM   #6
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myv View Post
Saw you this morning, and your car sounds amazing when you cranked her up have fun with the new boost! Super nice under the hood
Thank you and nice meeting you today. I hope you got your exhaust gasket taken care of.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:34 PM   #7
botbs

Drives: 18 BRZ tS, 27 GRMN 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
I have an appointment with Sasha @ Onpoint in 2 weeks. On the donor BRZ the dyno chart shows peak wheel HP at 244. Thats pretty close to 300 at the crank. I should be pretty equal with my current setup. In the meantime I am using the HKS ECU module which is extremely conservative. I will decide later whether to install the smaller pulley/upgraded fuelling as I am not quite prepared to upgrade the clutch or internals at this point.
Would you mind telling me more information about the HKS ECU module?

Is it this one? I thought it only works for JDM cars only. Thanks!
botbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:45 PM   #8
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by botbs View Post
Would you mind telling me more information about the HKS ECU module?

Is it this one? I thought it only works for JDM cars only. Thanks!
You are correct, the module pictured is something similar to the OFT and is only sold in Japan. My kit included an F-Con iS, which pigtails to the car's ECU with its own wiring harness and controls the engine management. The resident base tune, which is very conservative, can only be edited by an HKS certified tuner using their proprietary software. I am not sure if anybody in Canada does it thought there is one company in Calgary that says they do on their website. They are also Dinan tuners. If you Google it you will see the box. Most HKS kits sold are "pro kits", so no tune included. Makes it kinda difficult as car cannot be driven to the tuner after the hardware install.