follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-09-2022, 02:06 AM   #1261
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Attached Images

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Capt Spaulding (05-10-2022), NoHaveMSG (05-09-2022), soundman98 (05-09-2022), Ultramaroon (05-09-2022)
Old 05-09-2022, 02:32 AM   #1262
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,512 Times in 18,917 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
That goes in the meme thread.
Old 05-09-2022, 03:35 AM   #1263
bcj
Geo Tyrebighter Esq

Drives: '13 scion fr-s
Thanked 4,974 Times in 2,194 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
booking.com put a $100 cleaning fee in on top of the advertised room price last week at the beach.
There's quite a disparity on costs depending on downtown or Aurora Ave. so to speak.
What floats your boat? Lots of those too. Friend from Boston always goes out on a charter boat fishing at least once.
Which holidays? Anything but Aug. 23 is usually pretty soggy. Often enough that's even wetter.
Winthrop WA is pretty rural and mountainy. Has lots of choice for accommodation and less rain.
Port Angeles is Good for Forests, cold water and moss.
The Following User Says Thank You to bcj For This Useful Post:
spcmafia (05-09-2022)
Old 05-09-2022, 06:37 AM   #1264
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,140 Times in 1,986 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Will you be driving or flying out?

If driving, will it be in your BRZ?

If flying, will you be starting in Seattle?

How much time do you have to spend in WA?

What month will you be traveling in?

Come back.

Flying out, staying at Port Angeles (Mount Olympic), about a week. December (Holidays) or spending honey moon in the same place, month not known if its the latter.
Old 05-09-2022, 06:43 AM   #1265
spcmafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcj View Post
booking.com put a $100 cleaning fee in on top of the advertised room price last week at the beach.
There's quite a disparity on costs depending on downtown or Aurora Ave. so to speak.
What floats your boat? Lots of those too. Friend from Boston always goes out on a charter boat fishing at least once.
Which holidays? Anything but Aug. 23 is usually pretty soggy. Often enough that's even wetter.
Winthrop WA is pretty rural and mountainy. Has lots of choice for accommodation and less rain.
Port Angeles is Good for Forests, cold water and moss.

We're floating Port Angeles, since its close to Olympic Park and about 2.5 hours to Seattle. Hotels seem so-so on price and the flight is about $600 round trip. Coming from literally the other side of the U.S. We're thinking the week of Dec 23-31
Old 05-09-2022, 07:50 AM   #1266
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
Just don't go during the rainy season
So never?
Capt Spaulding (05-10-2022), NoHaveMSG (05-09-2022), soundman98 (05-09-2022)
Old 05-09-2022, 08:16 AM   #1267
spcmafia

Considering the dates we are floating, Dec 23-30, I don't know if Olympic Park might be doable. Maybe Leavenworth would be good as it looks quite lovely with the Bavarian theme.
Old 05-09-2022, 10:39 AM   #1268
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,304 Times in 7,368 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
Considering the dates we are floating, Dec 23-30, I don't know if Olympic Park might be doable. Maybe Leavenworth would be good as it looks quite lovely with the Bavarian theme.
Depending on how adventurous you are feeling there is still a lot to do staying at Port Angeles. It will be raining, sideways, that time of the year though. I don't know how all the ferry schedules run in the winter time. The Bremerton to Seattle Ferry will be running still that time of the year, I am not sure if the northern ones do, but if so you should be able to jump off north of Seattle if you want. The Ferry from Bremerton drops you off right at downtown Seattle. I used to work just south of Bremerton and would take the Ferry over for a drunken night out all the time. Traffic from Tacoma to North Seattle around Everett, and east till you get past the 405 is usually pretty bad. So unless there is something you want to see in Seattle, I would avoid that area as much as possible. The drive over to Leavenworth is pretty nice but it will be snowy/icey so keep in mind, your drive time may be longer than you think that time of year. In the summer I head out to Steven's Pass to ride my mountain bike and I always enjoyed the drive, never done it in the winter though. The Ridge Motorsports park is about an hour and a half south of Port Angeles, but of course, nothing going on that time of the year. If you head south on 101 along the coast you could check out Ocean Shores too.

I am sure Tcoat could tell you all the museums in the area too.
humfrz (05-09-2022)
Old 05-09-2022, 11:19 AM   #1269
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Depending on how adventurous you are feeling there is still a lot to do staying at Port Angeles. It will be raining, sideways, that time of the year though. I don't know how all the ferry schedules run in the winter time. The Bremerton to Seattle Ferry will be running still that time of the year, I am not sure if the northern ones do, but if so you should be able to jump off north of Seattle if you want. The Ferry from Bremerton drops you off right at downtown Seattle. I used to work just south of Bremerton and would take the Ferry over for a drunken night out all the time. Traffic from Tacoma to North Seattle around Everett, and east till you get past the 405 is usually pretty bad. So unless there is something you want to see in Seattle, I would avoid that area as much as possible. The drive over to Leavenworth is pretty nice but it will be snowy/icey so keep in mind, your drive time may be longer than you think that time of year. In the summer I head out to Steven's Pass to ride my mountain bike and I always enjoyed the drive, never done it in the winter though. The Ridge Motorsports park is about an hour and a half south of Port Angeles, but of course, nothing going on that time of the year. If you head south on 101 along the coast you could check out Ocean Shores too.

Don't know many up that far north. Plenty of good ones further south though.
Old 05-09-2022, 11:20 AM   #1270
spcmafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post

Port Angeles looks the best option, is just the weather that might prevent us from doing certain things. We could put the December trip and hold and just schedule it for next year during spring/summer. I would absolutely take the BRZ over there, if it wasn't on the other side of the country. I don't even want to think how long it would take us to get there by driving.
Old 05-09-2022, 11:36 AM   #1271
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
Port Angeles looks the best option, is just the weather that might prevent us from doing certain things. We could put the December trip and hold and just schedule it for next year during spring/summer. I would absolutely take the BRZ over there, if it wasn't on the other side of the country. I don't even want to think how long it would take us to get there by driving.
I have been there in January, October and June. I would strongly recommend avoiding that area between November and March. You may luck out and have decent weather but odds are it will be total crap and outdoor activities will be limited. Spring, summer or fall though are very very nice.
soundman98 (05-09-2022)
Old 05-09-2022, 11:51 AM   #1272
bcj
Geo Tyrebighter Esq

Drives: '13 scion fr-s
Thanked 4,974 Times in 2,194 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
The Port Angeles / Sequim / Port Townsend area will have enough stuff for winter indoor kind of things.
Fairly easy drive to Crescent Lake and the lodge up there. Don't miss.
Hurricane Ridge won't work without messing with chains, nor will any other mountain pass in WA.
Boat to Bremerton from Seattle then south on 3 to Belfair.
106 and 101 around the hood canal would be my choice for local scenery in the depths of winter.
The daylight hours will be f'n short.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bcj For This Useful Post:
humfrz (05-09-2022), Tcoat (05-09-2022)
Old 05-09-2022, 12:28 PM   #1273
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcj View Post
The Port Angeles / Sequim / Port Townsend area will have enough stuff for winter indoor kind of things.
Fairly easy drive to Crescent Lake and the lodge up there. Don't miss.
Hurricane Ridge won't work without messing with chains, nor will any other mountain pass in WA.
Boat to Bremerton from Seattle then south on 3 to Belfair.
106 and 101 around the hood canal would be my choice for local scenery in the depths of winter.
The daylight hours will be f'n short.
@spcmafia - I'll second ol @bci 's recommendation since you are starting in Port Angeles and have only a week. There is enough to do on the Olympic Peninsula to keep you entertained for a week.

Just bring rain gear.

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 04:23 PM   #1274
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,049 Times in 8,324 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Missing piece for my 3D printer came, so installed it on the wkend. It was a busy wkend, so couldn’t test print… but I was able to work from home today, so testing it out
Attached Images

Tags
have you turned it off/on, i heart my boxer, i still hate you all, kiss me, maple syrup, multipass, next one is a prequel, ow my balls, special_k abandoned you, the search for more money