follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #113
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,476 Times in 4,997 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeubergerMotors View Post
I love the dashes material I think the whole inside is very durable
Seconded, got some mud on the carpet, damp cloth and 30 seconds of scrubbing and it looks brand new until I get time to thoroughly vacuum.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #114
h4nh

Drives: Turbo BRZ & Supercharged E90 M3
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The interior is perfect! I like the no arm rest. It's like the 911's
h4nh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:36 AM   #115
melon

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I like to interior, not too much unnecessary tackle stuff on it....
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:45 AM   #116
Kefuddle

Drives: Blue manual Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Yup, great interior, clean, understated, minimalist and very 70's 911 like too.
Kefuddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #117
Superhatch
AIM4APX

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
^And lighter, and cheaper, lighter tires. :P

It is a 6.5 width though...not sure what you can fit on it. 225 max maybe? Should be plenty for DD though.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #118
MarkS

Drives: White FR-S
I like it. Nice and simple, focused on driving.
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #119
Porsche

Drives: 2013 BRZ Ltd. MT
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitosis View Post
Now, granted, I could be wrong about how the auto climate works on the Limited as I have never played with it in person... but any other car I've been in with auto climate in the past has always been a "set and forget" system that only lets me choose what temp, fan speed, and vent for the air to come out of but never lets me just have fresh air with no intervention from AC or heat if I don't want it.
I own a BRZ Limited with the blasphemous Auto Climate Control.

This one is especially interesting in that the user sets only the temperature in Auto Climate Control mode, and the BRZ sets EVERYTHING else, including the vents and Recirculate mode! Very cool ... or warm, as you like. (I just had to... )

Apart from this, your words suggest that you misunderstand the system in this car (or in our Mazdaspeed3, too). The Auto Climate Control feature is IN ADDITION to the conventional manual controls, not INSTEAD OF those controls. It's just an extra bonus.

I can set things manually whenever I like. If I don't want the AC to come ON, then I turn it OFF ... and it stays OFF until I decide to turn it back ON. In fact, anytime I make any change at all in any setting, the system immediately reverts to manual control.

The Auto Climate Control systems on our BRZ and our Mazdaspeed3 do not replace manual control. It's just an additional feature that may be employed or not at the driver's pleasure.

The full manual control that you favor is always present and awaiting your input.

Hope that helps, else I misunderstood what you wrote, in which case just ignore this attempt to help.

P.S. I love the interior. It's a great place to work.

Last edited by Porsche; 10-05-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #120
totally

Drives: 1998 Prelude SH, Scion FRS
external circulation opens "automatically" on 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post
I'm just glad I can defog the windshield w/o the car opening up external circulation on its own. That shit pisses me off.
Well, not completely automatically, but if the vent selector knob is turned more than one mark from vertical towards the defrost setting, the internal circulation control appears to be bypassed. Setting the vent "one mark to the right" (almost everything coming out the floor vents) works okay, but it's slower than blowing only on the windshield and has a harder time keeping up. And in a thunderstorm with crazy bad visibility and associated high humidity it's definitely more dangerous than it should be. Seems like bad design to me.

My Gen 5 prelude got it right --- automatically turned on the a/c but let the driver control the circulation.
totally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:45 AM   #121
Anaxilus
Banned

Drives: They have four wheels
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by totally View Post
Well, not completely automatically, but if the vent selector knob is turned more than one mark from vertical towards the defrost setting, the internal circulation control appears to be bypassed. Setting the vent "one mark to the right" (almost everything coming out the floor vents) works okay, but it's slower than blowing only on the windshield and has a harder time keeping up. And in a thunderstorm with crazy bad visibility and associated high humidity it's definitely more dangerous than it should be. Seems like bad design to me.

My Gen 5 prelude got it right --- automatically turned on the a/c but let the driver control the circulation.
Oh sorry, I have a 10 series, I have no idea what the normal FRS climate control does.
Anaxilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:42 AM   #122
DIF

Drives: FR-S in Firestorm, Katzkin, alpine
I love the dash design, all the controls are exactly where you need them to be the gauges are extremely visible. In fact it always seems to remind me of the 1968 Mustang dash. Driving position is great. The only things I wasn't thrilled about was the fabric and the radio . I love leather so I installed the Katzkins... really love them. And installed a high-end Alpine media/navigation center. I'm good to go.

DIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #123
dnavas

Drives: Elantra & UM A/T FR-S ex-Saturn
Just ordered an ultramarine, but I'm planning to swap the black seats for something else -- it's too dark in there. I'm not getting a red exterior, though, so that color won't quite work for me Definitely am worried about creating an interior that's "aesthetically challenged", so open to suggs/horror stories if anyone's come across them....

I do not understand the 'fisher-price' opinions. I mean, sure, there's a part of me that wants the car to look like the inside of a Battlestar Galactica viper (because ... screw 'race-car' ... spaceship!), and there's another part of me that finds the huge flat screen in a Tesla cool (so ... big!). But I don't want to be hunting for toggle switches or staring at monitors while driving. I was test driving a 2014 mazda3 this weekend, and it took the sales guy half a minute to figure out how to turn the radio off. Maybe my interest in aesthetics takes a back seat to practicality, but give me simple, manual controls any day.

Not a fan of the big piece of random chunk of plastic in front of the passenger seat. The passenger-side seat is also somewhat dangerous to anyone sitting behind. Not only does it wind up traveling too far rearward, it does so as you try to raise the seats after letting someone into the back -- whoops, sorry sweetie! For most of you, that's probably not a problem, but in my family, those back seats are usable (I'm the tallest member of the family at 5'4", and while I'm not swimming back there, it seems fine for commutes).

The red stitching is a nice accent, until you try to replace the seats.

Ceiling liner is a little cheap. I could wish for something a little softer up there. And it turns to glass right over the rear seats. Gotta wonder what that does in a crash.

I might have some minor gripes (well, except for the 'any color as long as it's black' bs that so many other manufacturers also seem to have for some reason), but the interior works pretty well for me. Maybe it's because I'm coming from a 21 year old car, and have not just a little contempt for some of the newer cockpit designs on current crop of cars?

Keep the interior pics coming, especially if any of you have dabbled with gray, white, tan, pale blue, or any other lighter colors on those seats!
dnavas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #124
tennisfreak

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIF View Post
May I ask where you obtained these seat covers? These look very similar to some I found on ebay here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/170968962031...84.m1423.l2649

Almost purchased these and if they are in fact the same as yours it would be great to know what you think about them. Fit, finish, quality.

EDIT: After closer inspection I can tell these are not the same as the ebay ones. Still interested in where you purchased from though.
tennisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote