follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

NY / NJ / CT / PA NY, NJ, CT, PA

User Tag List

Old 12-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
Reflex

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Collision Repair in NJ?

I never realized how difficult it was to find collision repair shops with good reviews. The only reviews for any collision repairs shop on google are bad ones. I slid on slush this afternoon going 10-15mph in my own development and hit a guardrail and pretty much screwed up the bumper, drive side wheel, fender, and side skirt area. I have hanover insurance and they told said I can go to one of their partnered collision repair shops and the shop will work with the insurance company to figure out costs or they'll send an agent over and appraise the damages and I can choose to go somewhere else. The only 2 places around my area that works with the insurance company has pretty bad reviews although one is a toyota dealership repair center.

I looking for opinions; are there any collision repair shops you guys swear by or knows it has a good reputation? I'm in the central NJ area
Reflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
AZP Installs

Drives: '11 STi->'14 BRZ | '14 Touareg TDi
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to AZP Installs
We've had good luck with Sam over at Prestige Auto Body in Garwood. 908-789-2020 He isn't cheap but his work is great. Another option is to see Biggiano at Richmond View Collision in Staten Island. They are hands down the BEST in the area.

Hope that helps.

-Mike Paisan

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.
Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs
"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"
AZP Installs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZP Installs For This Useful Post:
Reflex (12-19-2013)
Old 12-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #3
C130NAV

Drives: Whiteout 6Sp FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I know its a little ways away from you but I use Ultimate Collision II in Wrightstown. They did a great job on my truck when i rear ended a lady. I told them I was going to go with a aftermarket bull bumper and they told me to purchase it and have it delivered to them. The installed it and then cut me back a check as a credit for the factory bumper.

I just had a hit and run on my FR-s and now they are going to do that for me. I just ordered the Seibon 10mm over fenders, CF hood, and Winjet lights. They are being all delivered there, they will install everything, paint the fenders and then cut me back a check for the difference. Great people and great work. Here is there info.

Ultimate Collision II
609-723-2241

Mark
C130NAV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to C130NAV For This Useful Post:
Reflex (12-19-2013)
Old 12-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #4
KAR

Drives: Whiteout 6spd
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
another one
908-754-2264
Auto Rebuildwers in N Plainfield
KAR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KAR For This Useful Post:
Reflex (12-19-2013)
Old 12-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
ProTekk

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
All Car Collision in Freehold has good reviews, feedback, etc.

http://allcarcollisionnj.com/
ProTekk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ProTekk For This Useful Post:
Reflex (12-19-2013)
Old 12-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
Reflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAR View Post
another one
908-754-2264
Auto Rebuildwers in N Plainfield
Have you had any personal experience with them? Their website looks nice..
Old 12-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #7
whaap

Drives: '13 FR-S firestorm, 6 mt - '11 CR-V
Thanked 1,387 Times in 657 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Here is my standard response. If you have any high end dealerships (R.R., Ferrari, etc.) in the area it's likely they don't have a body shop because of the small volume they deal in. However, they still have occasional use for body work and they will know the best shop. Ask them who they use. Don't be surprised if it's some small shop off the alley. It's the quality of the individual doing the work and not necessarily the shop he works in.
whaap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to whaap For This Useful Post:
Reflex (12-19-2013)
Old 12-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #8
C130NAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaap View Post
Here is my standard response. If you have any high end dealerships (R.R., Ferrari, etc.) in the area it's likely they don't have a body shop because of the small volume they deal in. However, they still have occasional use for body work and they will know the best shop. Ask them who they use. Don't be surprised if it's some small shop off the alley. It's the quality of the individual doing the work and not necessarily the shop he works in.

I agree! Many fancy places put lots of money into ads and everything else so they have to have higher prices. There are some really good small shops that do awesome work. For example I wanted my Audi windows tented so the dealer referred me to a place in Red Bank when I got there I was like this is a hole in the wall till I went in the shop and saw a R8, Tesla, and a RR being tented and a Panamera half torn apart getting a backup camera. Go by work not by looks as tempting as it is :-) I'll see if I can dig up my truck pics to show you what they did for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to C130NAV For This Useful Post:
Reflex (12-19-2013)
Old 12-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #9
KAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflex View Post
Have you had any personal experience with them? Their website looks nice..
3 of my cars are there now, getting some custom work.. family and friends uses them for their great work.. also got my FRS paint job there..
Old 12-20-2013, 01:04 AM   #10
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Drives: 2014 Hachiroku of the year
Thanked 1,770 Times in 761 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
check out my BRZ, the shaving and paint matching was all done by Vilar Autobody in linden NJ. its literally the only place i'll ever take my car. its a father & son business and both are genuine car guys. they do top notch work, don't use bond to cover shit up like the rest of the shops. call them, ask for pedro, say jive turkey (ivan) sent ya.

autorebuilders re-did my friend's sti after a rear end collision with a full color change. it looks top notch, you'd never even tell it wasn't OEM.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jive Turkey For This Useful Post:
Reflex (12-20-2013)
Old 12-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #11
Reflex

Decided to bring the car to auto rebuilders. Had a short conversation with one of the employees there and he was telling me about your car KAR haha
Old 12-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #12
C130NAV

Cool! Let us know how it all turns out !!
Old 01-17-2014, 05:26 PM   #13
Reflex

After 4 long weeks in my ford focus rental I got my car back today. This place did a superb job from what I can tell. They repainted the entire rear end including trunk which wasn't even damaged in to crash. They also removed a small dent near the gas cap from someone opening their car door into my car and repainted the entire passenger side rear fender which also had a huge scratch from getting keyed but also wasn't damaged from the crash. Also removed another scratch from driver side door which got keyed.

They did a great job repairing the car but could've done a better job cleaning it. Although not that big of a deal, there's white paint powder all over the car. The front grill looks like I just drove through a salted road because there's white paint in all the crevices. The paint is pretty well matched considering I have a whiteout. However there is minor buildup of paint where the fender meets the trunk right above the taillight. Not a big deal and you can't really notice it unless you look for it.

Mechanical repairs seems like they were done well. Wheels are aligned and the car drives straight now. Rear driver side wheel was also replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #14
KAR

Ah that was you picking up at the shop today.. let them know about your concerns so they will know.. they have someone clean the car, not from the shop..