follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-01-2018, 02:20 PM   #1
Devin11498

Drives: 2013 Subaru Brz Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can i tune my BRZ with the OFT after i turbo it?

Im currently N/A but im running the oft stage 2+ tune bc of my uel headers of course. I do plan to turbo my brz next january. I know with a turbo you also need a tune to back it up and was wondering if i would be able to use my OFT for that or if i will have to source out a tuner? Is it possible to get a boot tune file sent to me and put it on my OFT then upload it to my brz? is that possible? just want to see if my oft will be usful once the car is boosted. Thank you.
Devin11498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:53 PM   #2
phrosty

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Openflash does support some turbo kits -- you'll want to make sure you get one they have experience in if you go that route.

You'll probably have trouble finding other tuners willing to do a custom tune compatible with OFT.
2013 Whiteout 6AT FR-S | Perrin Inlet Tube + 2.75" CAI | OpenFlash Header | P&L Catback | 4.88 Final Drive | Dialed in OFT 2.0x Stage 2 E85 | 18x8 Enkei Raijin + 225/40 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | 17x7 Stock + 215/45 Michelin X-Ice Xi-2
phrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:28 PM   #3
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrosty View Post
Openflash does support some turbo kits -- you'll want to make sure you get one they have experience in if you go that route.

You'll probably have trouble finding other tuners willing to do a custom tune compatible with OFT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin11498 View Post
Im currently N/A but im running the oft stage 2+ tune bc of my uel headers of course. I do plan to turbo my brz next january. I know with a turbo you also need a tune to back it up and was wondering if i would be able to use my OFT for that or if i will have to source out a tuner? Is it possible to get a boot tune file sent to me and put it on my OFT then upload it to my brz? is that possible? just want to see if my oft will be usful once the car is boosted. Thank you.
You have a few options with this:

1) Switch to ecutek and get a proper dyno tune from a tuner in your area OR an e-tune from someone reputable like motoeast or delicious tuning

2) Contact Shiv for assistance, he'll make you do his e-tune process for a fee. He'll first send you a base map that will make the car safe to start and run and do some pulls and continually dial it just like what ecutek tuners would do on a dyno or remotely with pulls.

It's really more or less whats affordable for you. I doubt anyone will tune roms using the OFT because most tuners like to keep there methods and techniques secret and not open source, and OFT doesn't lock the ecu and such like ECUtek
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
brianbui23 (02-03-2022), Devin11498 (06-03-2018)
Old 06-03-2018, 08:17 PM   #4
Devin11498

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
You have a few options with this:

1) Switch to ecutek and get a proper dyno tune from a tuner in your area OR an e-tune from someone reputable like motoeast or delicious tuning

2) Contact Shiv for assistance, he'll make you do his e-tune process for a fee. He'll first send you a base map that will make the car safe to start and run and do some pulls and continually dial it just like what ecutek tuners would do on a dyno or remotely with pulls.

It's really more or less whats affordable for you. I doubt anyone will tune roms using the OFT because most tuners like to keep there methods and techniques secret and not open source, and OFT doesn't lock the ecu and such like ECUtek

Oh okay gotcha. Money wasnt the issue just really wanted to know if my oft would be useless at that point. but from what you told me ill probably just unmarry my oft and sell it when the tha time comes, then get a ecutek and get a proper tune. Thanks!
Old 06-03-2018, 09:54 PM   #5
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin11498 View Post

Yes but only limited kits supported

if you just want to do something like SBD turbo kit then oft guys have plenty of tunes for that kit

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SBDF...itOwnersGroup/
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Devin11498 (06-04-2018)
Old 06-04-2018, 12:25 AM   #6
Devin11498

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Yes but only limited kits supported

if you just want to do something like SBD turbo kit then oft guys have plenty of tunes for that kit

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SBDF...itOwnersGroup/

Im going with the JDL kit so RIP