follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 04-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #43
dookie11

Drives: Girls crazy with his booty
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sall View Post
Will 7 pm be a good time to get there ??
Go earlier. It's a cafe, so there'll be lots of azns there studying. It's a weekday evening, remember? Just park and hang out, or go to Burlington Coat Factory and shop LOL. Or get some tea at TenRen (around the corner). The tea there is much better than AU79 ahhahaha.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #44
chate
Pharmasaurus Magnificus

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Theyre not here yet... How do I know whos a ft86er lol
chate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #45
MF_DEUCE
Adventure Enthusiast

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Im here. Wearing a black shirt that has a green design that says "race all night and sleep all day"
Old 04-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #46
dookie11

Drives: Girls crazy with his booty
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Who's there? What's the news? I just got home from class, and too lazy to go cuz I assumed it'd be packed or too late haha.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:50 AM   #47
Sall
Sallbaru

Drives: raven FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Alotta frs "scion" haters in this meeting alot of people Saying aww its too small aww man 25k hell no aww interior wayy too cheap blah blah blah as for me i freaking lovedddd the car but didnt liked red so im goin with white pearl frs i love you oh and i got hit by the frs driver door i think it was someone from this forum very very very tall guy maybe like 6'6 and he fited nicely..

Last edited by Sall; 04-04-2012 at 02:08 AM.
Sall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:16 AM   #48
Julio86

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Talking

The car was IMO perfect. I wish I could have driven it, but looks like we still have to wait a little longer. My brother got to ride in it when the driver decided to move it and he said the ride was pretty smooth. The shifts were short. If all goes well, I will buy this car. That is if the drive is as good, if not better than what it looks like
Julio86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:36 AM   #49
MF_DEUCE
Adventure Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Alotta frs "scion" haters in this meeting alot of people Saying aww its too small aww man 25k hell no aww interior wayy too cheap blah blah blah as for me i freaking lovedddd the car but didnt liked red so im goin with white pearl frs i love you oh and i got hit by the frs driver door i think it was someone from this forum very very very tall guy maybe like 6'6 and he fited nicely..
yeah, i heard the same thing, but i say "f**k it, its there loss."

the door hit me on my crotch when someone was trying to get out. lol
Old 04-04-2012, 02:37 AM   #50
chate
Pharmasaurus Magnificus

Garage
Nice to meet Poorman, Deuce, and Julio out there tonite (i was the guy w black hoodie/first 86)

I mostly talked to the inside line guys and Young from fiveaxis, both had tons of positive things to say about the car, both were SUPER nice guys. I didnt have my camera...so i didnt take pics...i totally got jipped out of the ride along in the parking lot by some dude...i freaking asked the inside line guy to sit in it while he moved it and he said OK and this weirdo just hopped in LOL

After sitting in the car i'm pretty certain i'm gonna hold my spot and take delivery of the first 86 car , seats are comfy, its low, really doesnt feel cheap, plastic portion of the dash is soft touch, red stitching was present, red seat accents were present, back seat is usable if driver is 5'6 or under and passenger is 5'6 and under for short trips (i'm 5'6 i sat in seat, adjusted it to comfort, and hopped in the back and was able to breathe but not much else lol), overall it just feels good to sit in, pedals/wheel/shifter are positioned in harmony with each other

Clutch/pedal position also felt great, shifter is short, easy to move around, center console is pretty shallow, 2 cupholders are provided that lift off and away, each door also has a cupholder, glovebox is pretty small, sound is actually pretty impressive in stock form, not too quiet, not obnoxious, trunk is SMALL, especially if youve only seen pictures you might be surprised at how little it is
Old 04-04-2012, 02:50 AM   #51
MF_DEUCE
Adventure Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chate View Post
After sitting in the car i'm pretty certain i'm gonna hold my spot and take delivery of the first 86 car , seats are comfy, its low, really doesnt feel cheap, plastic portion of the dash is soft touch, red stitching was present, red seat accents were present, back seat is usable if driver is 5'6 or under and passenger is 5'6 and under for short trips (i'm 5'6 i sat in seat, adjusted it to comfort, and hopped in the back and was able to breathe but not much else lol), overall it just feels good to sit in, pedals/wheel/shifter are positioned in harmony with each other

...trunk is SMALL, especially if youve only seen pictures you might be surprised at how little it is
Im 5'10 and could barely fit in the back when a 5'8 guy sat in front of me. I'd feel good if it were a short trip that was less than 10miles long, but after awhile i think it would start to take a toll on me.

The trunk is small but i was able to lay in the back with the back seats folded down. But no room for your "late night with a girl" type of night. No "CAR-masutra happening back there. lmao
Old 04-04-2012, 02:54 AM   #52
Julio86

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Lmao true man I saw when you hopped in there like a mad man lol. I know what you mean about the back seats . I used to enjoy my tc space when I would fold them down lol. The Front seats cradled so well though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_DEUCE View Post
Im 5'10 and could barely fit in the back when a 5'8 guy sat in front of me. I'd feel good if it were a short trip that was less than 10miles long, but after awhile i think it would start to take a toll on me.

The trunk is small but i was able to lay in the back with the back seats folded down. But no room for your "late night with a girl" type of night. No "CAR-masutra happening back there. lmao
Julio86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:59 AM   #53
chate
Pharmasaurus Magnificus

Garage
do u guys not have bedrooms?
Old 04-04-2012, 03:01 AM   #54
86'd

Drives: 2012 WRX Sedan
Quote:

Too bad I couldn't make it.

Its funny there'd be haters there. Do they just go around parking lots hating on stuff?

Anyway, I wanna see some pics!
86'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:06 AM   #55
chate
Pharmasaurus Magnificus

Garage
most of the people there were driving EVOs i counted at least 12, couple S2ks were present some subies, mmm i think i saw at least 6 old 86s? prob just the evo guys hat'n

I love evos, the FRS is just...different
Old 04-04-2012, 03:09 AM   #56
86'd

Drives: 2012 WRX Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chate View Post
most of the people there were driving EVOs i counted at least 12, couple S2ks were present some subies, mmm i think i saw at least 6 old 86s? prob just the evo guys hat'n

I love evos, the FRS is just...different
I hope the evo guys weren't hating on the FRSs interior.LOL.
86'd is offline   Reply With Quote