follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 11-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #561
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
updated.... Kong Kong (G Series) tuned ROM support is also now available
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #562
Ondreiko
RWD addicted

Drives: BRZ 6MT OFT OFH
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
updated.... Kong Kong (G Series) tuned ROM support is also now available
Hi Shiv!

Just sent you my G rom, please let me have ots G-series maps by return
Ondreiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #563
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Official OpenFlash Tablet FA20 Tuning Tech Discussion Thread

Edited.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel

Last edited by Sojhinn; 11-03-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #564
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Garage
Awesome no answers, I was hoping if I waited until the end of the day it would provide time considering mine were just really text replies and acknowledgement.
Guess thats not going to happen, can't say I find myself too pleased that minor questions and expressed concerns can be so easily ignored unless someone becomes irate.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #565
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross View Post
Awesome no answers, I was hoping if I waited until the end of the day it would provide time considering mine were just really text replies and acknowledgement.
Guess thats not going to happen, can't say I find myself too pleased that minor questions and expressed concerns can be so easily ignored unless someone becomes irate.
It's the weekend and I've been posting from my phone when I have moments to spare. I don't have the time to respond to your lengthy post you made on Friday. But I will when I have the time. I would like to remind you that we sell a tuning tool. The rest of the stuff we give (for free) is extra. It comes when it comes. If you are not satisfied with the time frames, I apologize. I'll try to be more clear with setting expectations going forward.

Best regards
Shiv
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shiv@Openflash For This Useful Post:
EAGLE5 (11-04-2013)
Old 11-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #566
Maverick22

Drives: 2013 Rocketbunny GT86
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

I completely understand wanting information; but how is a post like this Justified? Shiv runs a business and is not exactly sitting around doing nothing. You gotta give them atleast a couple of days to reply. Not wait a day then try and slam the company providing this product because you were dis satisfied with your pre-determined reply timeline.
If it takes them more than a week, then I can understand, like the member a couple of posts up did. Your post was pretty long and full of multiple questions that require a long and detailed explanation.

I am not trying to slam you Cross but calm down buddy, give shiv and the crew some time to reply, as you can see they are incredibly busy.
Maverick22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maverick22 For This Useful Post:
Garrett@Openflash (11-04-2013)
Old 11-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #567
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
It's the weekend and I've been posting from my phone when I have moments to spare. I don't have the time to respond to your lengthy post you made on Friday. But I will when I have the time. I would like to remind you that we sell a tuning tool. The rest of the stuff we give (for free) is extra. It comes when it comes. If you are not satisfied with the time frames, I apologize. I'll try to be more clear with setting expectations going forward.

Best regards
Shiv
And I came to you as a Vendor not a personal purchase. I would like to be able to answer questions from those interested with more than a "well soon". If that was too much to ask I could have been forewarned when I called in and asked to setup a vendor account.

I have been patient and reasonable and had my questions overlooked more than once. To finally state I am a little disappointed I could not get answers to what should not be lengthy or difficult issues should not require being reminded I purchased just a device that warrants no support of outside products or questions about the tunes that come with it or the features promised.
Would it be better if I quoted back a little further to show you all the questions that have gone unanswered? So we could confirm it was not just a case of a single post on Friday?
Old 11-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #568
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick22 View Post
I completely understand wanting information; but how is a post like this Justified? Shiv runs a business and is not exactly sitting around doing nothing. You gotta give them atleast a couple of days to reply. Not wait a day then try and slam the company providing this product because you were dis satisfied with your pre-determined reply timeline.
If it takes them more than a week, then I can understand, like the member a couple of posts up did. Your post was pretty long and full of multiple questions that require a long and detailed explanation.

I am not trying to slam you Cross but calm down buddy, give shiv and the crew some time to reply, as you can see they are incredibly busy.
Might want to find the first time I posted questions, it was well before friday. Makes a world of difference.

Here let me do it for Shiv and to show you so its a little clearer why I made the post I did.

My First post here asking questions, after being told the other thread wasn't as closely followed. This post was on 10/9/13:
Quote:
Alright thank you to another member who directed me here.

I noticed the Stage 1.2 Maps came out today looks like a few changes were made so I will be giving those a go.

I see mention of where Datalogging currently is so that answers one of my questions as well as how the Stage 2 Maps ETA as well.

I have two other questions though.

1) Is there a mailing list we can be put on so we know when there is an update to the tunes?

2) Did the XDF File get updated or changed? Is this something we should watch for and will there be a version number on it at any point if there are changes made?

3) (I know I said two but I can't resist) E85, I know its still coming but I am really looking forward to that.

Thanks!!
Next Set 10/25/13:
Quote:
Does this mean those of us with the AirRaid need to make custom 1.3 and soon custom 2.0 tunes to continue to get the changes provided for the MAF Location change? NM just checked 1.3 Beta is Stage 2 and there is no longer an AirRaid Option. I will look for the changes between the AirRaid and Non-AirRaid to import over for my setup.

I don't see that being a big issue but I thought I would ask.

Can't wait to see the dyno results and soon the E85 maps I hope!!

Thanks, oh and maybe I overlooked it but how is data logging going? (Been gone for a week on our Honeymoon, no internet out in the middle of the Ocean)
And on 10/26/13:
Quote:
So looking through the 1.31 Beta I have come up with a few questions Shiv.

1) I noticed that for Versions 1.1, 1.2 that had the AirRaid the only change was to the Fuel Map table, did you not need to do any MAF Scalinging changes? I cannot Data log yet so I was curious about this when I went to make the changes as I am keeping my AirRaid Intake on.

2) I noticed you now have Stage 1 and Stage 2 in the Beta folder's. I have run them both and would like to know is Stage 2 your 93 Octane Version?
If not I noticed minor changes to the new Stage 1 (I was calling it 1.3) compared to prior Stage 1 versions.

Running the Stage 2 I personally felt like the car did seem more blunt down low but it also seemed to lose top end.
I also noticed you made changes to the MAF Scaling table. This is for the Stock intake which again makes me wonder if because i changed the Fuel Table changes to match the AirRaid table if this is something that would be causing issues for those running aftermarket intakes?
At some point you just come to the conclusion you are being ignored. None of these were very difficult and I am not going to the other thread where questions went unanswered.
These are basic questions directed at Shiv and while part of me wants to believe he is busy at some point it seems like he answers what he wants to and not others... hard to escape that feeling at this point.

Also to be clear this post was made on 11/1/13 not today as @Maverick22 mentioned earlier. However I do understand being on vacation considering I recently just came back from my Honeymoon.
Quote:
This is why most people are getting ancie we want to make changes to our tunes however without datalogging it creates a hurdle that either has to be solved by trying to use outside programs or the inability to make changes.

I understand being busy but the problem is that when I personally have asked questions in this thread and I believe another I have been ignored. Busy or not when I am trying to promote your device at my shop and I can't even fully tune with it nor give an ETA to those locals waiting we have a problem and it causes further problems aka a snow ball effect.

I still would like answers to my questions regarding the lack of MAF changes between the AirRaid and Stock Box tunes since you removed the AirRaid option. Mainly because I noticed your new 2.0 tune is not only using the stock box but also has MAF Scaling changes which is something I expected to find on the AirRaid instead of just finding changes to the Fuel Table.
Since you are no longer supporting the AirRaid but many of us are running it without the ability to data log I would appreciate some feedback on what if any changes we should transfer over to continue using it.

I also would like an update on E85.

Here is an idea, in the main post put an ETA. The ETA can change things happen and your clients here completely understand that. Yes if you change it 4 or 5 times you might get some flack but what we are looking for is confirmation this is not going to be another Unichip promise that a year later nothing comes of it.
Not to mention there is a reason deadlines exist, they drive us. Sometimes they must be moved but they help to keep things on track, working at a software company we have deadlines for those very reasons.

Good luck with the what you are working on.

Last edited by Cross; 11-03-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cross For This Useful Post:
Maverick22 (11-03-2013)
Old 11-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #569
Maverick22

Drives: 2013 Rocketbunny GT86
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Might want to find the first time I posted questions, it was well before friday. Makes a world of difference.

You should post a quote sequence then, with the dates since most of us don't stalk the forum everyday and remember every quote. If you have all of the quotes in a sequence with dates, Vishnu has no excuse not to reply, but when it comes to the large post you made at the beggining of the day, I can understand that taking some time.

I hope they answer some of your questions though, I personally want to see the reply.
Maverick22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:22 PM   #570
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick22 View Post
You should post a quote sequence then, with the dates since most of us don't stalk the forum everyday and remember every quote. If you have all of the quotes in a sequence with dates, Vishnu has no excuse not to reply, but when it comes to the large post you made at the beggining of the day, I can understand that taking some time.

I hope they answer some of your questions though, I personally want to see the reply.
I did that above already for you and them. Makes it a little easier at this point. I started asking questions in another thread then was informed this one saw more traffic so I moved here.

If need be I am willing to pull the posts from that thread but I didn't feel that was needed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cross For This Useful Post:
Maverick22 (11-03-2013)
Old 11-03-2013, 11:56 PM   #571
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
I called in and asked to setup a vendor account.
Why didn't you call and ask your questions as a vendor?
Looking over your previous posts, you definitely did not come across as a vendor.
Pestering for updates/new features which had already been answered, doing business with you sounds like a PITA.

Also, coding isn't like turning a nut by using a spanner, ETAs are a joke in that space. May sound good to people like you, but all you are getting is a release full of bugs.
s2d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to s2d4 For This Useful Post:
tonylop33 (11-04-2013)
Old 11-04-2013, 12:56 AM   #572
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2d4 View Post
Why didn't you call and ask your questions as a vendor?
Looking over your previous posts, you definitely did not come across as a vendor.
Pestering for updates/new features which had already been answered, doing business with you sounds like a PITA.

Also, coding isn't like turning a nut by using a spanner, ETAs are a joke in that space. May sound good to people like you, but all you are getting is a release full of bugs.
Interesting in the world of software development I deal with every day as my day job there are guidelines and deadlines to keep everyone focused. We may have a lot of fun and be relaxed but we have a deadline for a reason.

I setup my vendor account back in September, at that time information was just starting to come out.
As for comments of dealing with me being a pain, yes calling in to distract from current work instead of posting on a board and waiting for answers sounds like the best way to make use of their time doesn't it? I think your ignorance is a bigger PITA.
It's really hard to answer local's questions concerning getting tuning done for their mods without Datalogging and many out here would like E85 so that information is what they request. I prefer to have the ability to give them an answer that carries a little more weight then "Someday". Oddly enough they feel the same way. When I don't have it, it creates the snowball effect I spoke of.

The questions were easy and I allowed ample time to answer them so as not to disturb the regular work flow. So again whats a bigger PITA, calling in to disturb or waiting for the ability to reply to a forum post?

Last edited by Cross; 11-04-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:27 AM   #573
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Ok man, keep up the good work.
s2d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #574
jvincent

Drives: 2022 WRB BRZ Sport-Tech
Thanked 1,410 Times in 715 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quick question for the OFT guys.

The winter tires just went on so now I get to look at my TPMS light for the next 4-5 months.

Can this be disabled by the OFT?
jvincent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat overtemp