follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

View Poll Results: Which jab have you had?
Pfizer 53 51.96%
Moderna 27 26.47%
Johnson & Johnson 6 5.88%
AstraZeneca 4 3.92%
Novavax 0 0%
Sputnik 1 0.98%
Convidecia 0 0%
Homebrew with a big dose of something special 11 10.78%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 11:54 PM   #1891
cjd

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Thanked 2,928 Times in 1,714 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post
Mostly because of the fear mongering and herd mentality. Sure there are people who should get the vaccine but if it works so well I don't get why everyone needs to get it. Taking medical chances for something you have no symptoms of and little risk of it harming you, it's silly.
You're calling the vaccine a medical chance, but not the virus itself?

You're happy to tuck tail and sheepishly follow the fear mongering mobs parroting the same BS you're spewing here, yet point fingers at people following the advice of experts and accuse them of your own behavior?
WTF are you so afraid of?!
Old 04-24-2021, 12:05 AM   #1892
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Stop panicking guys. It’s just a worldwide conspiracy:

* People across India scrambled for life-saving oxygen supplies on Friday and patients lay dying outside hospitals as the capital recorded the equivalent of one death from COVID-19 every five minutes. (https://www.reuters.com/world/india/...ve-2021-04-23/)
* Japan has managed the pandemic better than many other large economies, but a stubborn fourth wave, propelled by more infectious variants of the virus, has produced the most daily cases since January. Officials began imposing looser restrictions in early April over parts of 10 prefectures, but those steps have failed to corral the outbreak. (https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/23/w...e-to-rise.html)
* Osaka virus patients dying at home as medical system buckled under strain (...)(https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...ts-dying-home/)
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
The Following User Says Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (04-24-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 12:44 AM   #1893
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Seriously at what point have I ever said on here I'm better than anyone because I'm a pilot? Never. Not once. That was completely made up. In psychology they call that projection. Where you think someone else is thinking something because you think it in your own head. Personal attacks are unnecessary. That's why this thread is such an echo chamber because you guys go balistic on anyone who doesn't think like you do and try to instigate them so you can ban them. I'm not taking that bait.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (04-24-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 04:26 AM   #1894
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,187 Times in 3,474 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Seriously at what point have I ever said on here I'm better than anyone because I'm a pilot? Never. Not once. That was completely made up. In psychology they call that projection. Where you think someone else is thinking something because you think it in your own head. Personal attacks are unnecessary. That's why this thread is such an echo chamber because you guys go balistic on anyone who doesn't think like you do and try to instigate them so you can ban them. I'm not taking that bait.

Geez man, Tcoat is modelling his pilot figure based on you.. you are the "go to" pilot.. BTW, I hope you enjoy your job, you do short or longer runs?
The Following User Says Thank You to JD001 For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (04-24-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 07:55 AM   #1895
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,187 Times in 3,474 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Who doesn't like 'league' tables...
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2021, 07:55 AM   #1896
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Just by the tone of this, you're the narcissist.

No problem, I'm pretty sure 99% of the readership here agrees with me.

It is obvious you lack compassion for your fellow human big time. Good luck with friendships and relationships, my friend.

Pretty sure you won't be flying to Canada without a vaccination passport eventually. Probably within the US too. That would really offend a freedom yelling screaming eagle like you. I guess you feel so strongly against vaccination that you will need to find a new job once they impose such restrictions.
Imagine putting you in charge of people's safety. Ironic as hell.

Stating the obvious- "We", being those willing to be vaccinated ASAP, are much much better for society than "you" who continues to disseminate anti-vaccine sentiment on a public forum. You, you and only you will be free of the mRNA "shackles" most of humanity will take upon themselves so that they cannot cause or spread harm to other fellow humans.

PS- does anyone legitimately have ANY links providing validated info as to harm caused by mRNA therapeutic uses?
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.

Last edited by wbradley; 04-24-2021 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-24-2021, 09:23 AM   #1897
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:

I don't know that anyone has said you think you're better than others because of your claimed vocation. If they have, I missed it. It does seem to me you are somewhat taken with it, using it as your moniker and such. That's fine. My personal interest is that of all the folks I know of who make their livings in and around aviation, you are the only one who really strikes me as anti-science. That is simply incongruous to me.

One of the things flying teaches most folks is about cause and effect. Certain control inputs yield certain results. Every time. Trust your instruments. Why? Because they know better than you do. You're not flying an aircraft, you're flying the result of decades of science.

You, amigo seem to reject the very foundation of what you claim as your chosen field. Then, you come whining about being persecuted for not "think[ing] like you do." I don't think it's your thinking process (as dubious as I find it) that people object to as much as it is your style. You seem to me to work at rubbing people the wrong way. How did you put it? "Instigating" them.

I'm not going to go into excruciating detail. Given your claimed educational pedigree, it shouldn't be necessary. But you might take a hard, introspective look at what you're doing, and why and how you're doing it. Most folks in this thread are here to exchange information about the vaccine and their experiences with and to support others who are trying bring the pandemic to an end. You have no experience with it and apparently don't want to have any. What precisely, are you hoping to accomplish with the repetitive science denial?

Last edited by Capt Spaulding; 04-24-2021 at 09:41 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Capt Spaulding For This Useful Post:
spike021 (04-24-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 09:50 AM   #1898
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Today I had someone saying they won't be a sheep to the vaccines. I asked her how she thought a global pandemic and public health are being sheepish. I then proceeded to point out her sheep behavior when she praise her favorite political figure for being the greatest of all time (I am leaving that ambiguous so we can avoid politics). I'm getting real sick of weak arguments and a lack of reflection.

I swear, my students who are little 18-20 year olds can problem solve better. Shit, I'll even throw them a bone if they can give me a sound counter argument even if it's completely wrong! I have yet to see that with this pandemic.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
Capt Spaulding (04-24-2021), Kaotic Lazagna (04-24-2021), spike021 (04-24-2021), Spuds (04-24-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 09:56 AM   #1899
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:

You said you were better than me! I was working on my pilot's license and you were like, "heh, kid you ain't never gonna make it!" Then I quit.

Joking aside, I don't recall you claiming to be better.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (04-24-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 10:05 AM   #1900
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,859 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
I'm still waiting for an answer for the question I asked earlier.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaotic Lazagna For This Useful Post:
spike021 (04-24-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 10:37 AM   #1901
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Today I had someone saying they won't be a sheep to the vaccines. I asked her how she thought a global pandemic and public health are being sheepish. I then proceeded to point out her sheep behavior when she praise her favorite political figure for being the greatest of all time (I am leaving that ambiguous so we can avoid politics). I'm getting real sick of weak arguments and a lack of reflection.

I swear, my students who are little 18-20 year olds can problem solve better. Shit, I'll even throw them a bone if they can give me a sound counter argument even if it's completely wrong! I have yet to see that with this pandemic.
Too bad politics is verboten. I could do a thousand page riff on your first paragraph. On the other hand, maybe it's a good thing we can't.
Old 04-24-2021, 10:43 AM   #1902
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
No problem, I'm pretty sure 99% of the readership here agrees with me
you know, this is the exact problem that echo chambers have.

if pilot doesn't want to get vaccinated, that is his right and his choice, as it is the right of my boss, and a number other people i work with.

once you forget to respect others rights, regardless of who's side is correct, everyone's already lost.

enough reason, i want some fun yet. has anyone gotten a well-thought-out answer to how following the government mandate is being like sheep? i haven't gotten more than a shrug and 'whatever'. i'm really curious about it though.
Capt Spaulding (04-24-2021), funwheeldrive (04-24-2021), p1l0t (04-24-2021), Spuds (04-24-2021), weederr33 (04-24-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 10:58 AM   #1903
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
you know, this is the exact problem that echo chambers have.

if pilot doesn't want to get vaccinated, that is his right and his choice, as it is the right of my boss, and a number other people i work with.

once you forget to respect others rights, regardless of who's side is correct, everyone's already lost.

enough reason, i want some fun yet. has anyone gotten a well-thought-out answer to how following the government mandate is being like sheep? i haven't gotten more than a shrug and 'whatever'. i'm really curious about it though.
I personally don't care if he's vaccinated. The work he does will most likely force him to, or get another job.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
The Following User Says Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
Capt Spaulding (04-24-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 11:29 AM   #1904
cjd

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Thanked 2,928 Times in 1,714 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
It isn't even a mandate. It's a (strong) recommendation by medical experts, some of whom head up some government agencies and are certainly being amplified by the government. I understand wanting to ignore government recommendations sometimes. But in this case, every single one of my personal health care providers agree... Get the vaccine.
At it's worst the risk is so much lower than those accompanying the virus.
As more are vaccinated, but not enough, it will find ways to live, especially in unvaccinated. And of course the longer it takes to get to those critical numbers, the more boosters we'll need, the longer this whole thing goes on.
Far as I can tell it's a strong "won't be me" along with fallout from the extreme polarization we've been pushed toward. In some cases it might be "I want them all to die" since it seems to be the poor, non-white communities hardest hit.
I'm surprised (a little) someone whose job involves stepping into lots of random homes is reluctant.
Capt Spaulding (04-24-2021), Kaotic Lazagna (04-24-2021), soundman98 (04-24-2021), spike021 (04-24-2021), Spuds (04-24-2021)
Closed Thread

Tags
eagle5 got sandy vag, tread harder daddy, tylerlieberman is a cuck