follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 09-11-2020, 02:53 PM   #71
Bluefire98

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Idk if we'll all die but maybe areas of the states will start crumbling. On top of the pandemic and mass protests, I live in the Willamette valley which has had some of the worst air quality in the world due to all fires lately. Lived here for 18 years and never seen anything this bad here. Power was out for a few days too. In the summer! In Oregon! Idk but I figure as long as the people I care about are good, whatever happens is whatever happens. Normal was boring anyway lol. Time for some wine
Bluefire98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 03:24 PM   #72
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,322 Times in 7,380 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefire98 View Post
Idk if we'll all die but maybe areas of the states will start crumbling. On top of the pandemic and mass protests, I live in the Willamette valley which has had some of the worst air quality in the world due to all fires lately. Lived here for 18 years and never seen anything this bad here. Power was out for a few days too. In the summer! In Oregon! Idk but I figure as long as the people I care about are good, whatever happens is whatever happens. Normal was boring anyway lol. Time for some wine
Where I grew up is right in the middle of the Beachie Creek fire. Lots of friends I grew up with lost their homes. My dad had to hook up his travel trailer in the middle of the night and tow it out, they have been living in it on my uncles property. All our houses and property is in the middle of town and are untouched. The small town past it is pretty much gone, so is the town of Detroit.
Bluefire98 (09-13-2020), humfrz (09-13-2020)
Old 09-12-2020, 12:12 AM   #73
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,518 Times in 18,920 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Where I grew up is right in the middle of the Beachie Creek fire.
I'm super sorry. My uncle's house in Torreon, New Mexico burned in the Trigo Fire.
Old 09-13-2020, 03:42 PM   #74
Bluefire98

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Where I grew up is right in the middle of the Beachie Creek fire. Lots of friends I grew up with lost their homes. My dad had to hook up his travel trailer in the middle of the night and tow it out, they have been living in it on my uncles property. All our houses and property is in the middle of town and are untouched. The small town past it is pretty much gone, so is the town of Detroit.
I'm sorry to hear that. It's been a tough time for a lot of people lately. Glad to hear they got out though. I know in California, both of my parent's home towns have been burned down. My family and I are super thankful that we haven't had to evacuate yet, but the air has been really tough with my mother who has some respiratory issues. This kind of stuff sort of seems unthinkable but here we are. I hope all of your family and friends get through this. Best of luck to you guys.
Bluefire98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bluefire98 For This Useful Post:
beltax90 (09-13-2020), humfrz (09-13-2020), NoHaveMSG (09-13-2020), Ultramaroon (09-14-2020)