follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 10-01-2015, 10:13 AM   #15
Adeel

Drives: Black Raven
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Adeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:15 AM   #16
Adeel

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamg View Post
RIP to your paint on the bumper, for how thin and cheap our paint is, i give it a week
Its been like this for about 6 months now
Old 10-01-2015, 10:24 AM   #17
fang_gt86
FR Noob

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I see you bolted the exhaust bracket directly to the differential casing. Any vibration issue?

6MT FR-S Whiteout:OFT- OTS V2 Stage 2 (93oct & E85), Tomei UEL, Invidia OP, JDL UltraQuiet FP, Ark Grip catback, GS hood struts, Perrin Inlet & K&N drop-in
fang_gt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:57 AM   #18
Adeel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang_gt86 View Post
I see you bolted the exhaust bracket directly to the differential casing. Any vibration issue?
Yes, a little vibrating at about 4,000 RPM but ironing that out right now. May add a longer bolt, with a rubber bushing to the exhaust at the bracket to the diff.

To note, i have not had any leaks from the differential. Been closely monitoring it.

It also causes the axle back to shake a bit, which causes the exhaust tip to rub against the bumper, vibrating it.

I need to lower the hangers allowing so the exhaust sits more evenly in the center of the cut out. I'll rivit in something once aligned and its no longer moving
Old 04-03-2018, 01:53 PM   #19
Joesurf79

Drives: 2016 White Pearl BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeel View Post
Yes, a little vibrating at about 4,000 RPM but ironing that out right now. May add a longer bolt, with a rubber bushing to the exhaust at the bracket to the diff.

To note, i have not had any leaks from the differential. Been closely monitoring it.

It also causes the axle back to shake a bit, which causes the exhaust tip to rub against the bumper, vibrating it.

I need to lower the hangers allowing so the exhaust sits more evenly in the center of the cut out. I'll rivit in something once aligned and its no longer moving
Hello Adeel! I have been thinking about something much like what you fabricated for your exhaust, exiting out the passenger side of the bumper for smooth flow, but moreso - for functional diffuser clearance. Tucking the small can muffler up close to the diff mount bolts, and having the rest of the room for diffuser.

Mine's a track only car, so function trumps aesthetics, but Could you send me a couple of pictures of the hanger arrangement that you ended up using? It's been a few years, no guarantee you even have the car any more
Joesurf79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:17 PM   #20
x808drifter
LMGTFY

Drives: 13 FRS, 91 Miata
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,625 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesurf79 View Post
Hello Adeel! I have been thinking about something much like what you fabricated for your exhaust, exiting out the passenger side of the bumper for smooth flow, but moreso - for functional diffuser clearance. Tucking the small can muffler up close to the diff mount bolts, and having the rest of the room for diffuser.

Mine's a track only car, so function trumps aesthetics, but Could you send me a couple of pictures of the hanger arrangement that you ended up using? It's been a few years, no guarantee you even have the car any more
blown diffuser
x808drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 03:20 AM   #21
febrz

Drives: silver brz 2013 lmtd
get your car to spit flames pl0x.
febrz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bumper, custom exhaust, side exit