follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 04-07-2015, 08:33 PM   #3207
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Drives: Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fteightysix View Post
I'm running the C38 on E85 for about 7-8 months now. roughly 12k miles. I've gone through many tuners and ended up with Moto-East, depending on the tuner, I've ran Gram 750cc injectors and they were fine on everyone tune but Bill at Delicious, after 7500 rpm it was just a little lean, he said he likes to use a little more port injector instead of direct injectors. I swapped for 900cc DW injectors until my 1000cc Grams came in and the 900's were enough. Now on the Moto-East tune i don't know if i could get away with 750's, we just always had what was in there, i guess i could check my duty cycle and find out. but the car runs so good now all the way up to the 7750 rev limit that i never messed with any thing else. According to the AEM fail safe I'm hitting 18.9 psi at the limiter (I'm on the 85mm higher boost pulley)

We have just been testing the car until it does pop, then ill have Skunk rods, valve train and other engine components installed, But I've had no issues other then replacing a belt within the first 1k miles because i was running pulleys way to small and was warned before hand that they would cause the belt not to last, the last 11k miles have been trouble free. On Shawn Church Dynapak it put 417 to the hub. it was rich enough to burn the cat out of the front pipe, and Bill did some more adjustments after that dyno session to add quite a bit more power enough that it would spin the 245 toyo poxes 1 in 4th at over 120mph (mines a auto)

I just spent the past weekend on 91 (Moto-East flex fuel kit) and driving back and forth to SoCal and again no issues, 34mpg on the way back. So far I have had nothing but a good experience with my C38 on flex fuel with the higher higher boost pulley. (normal is 95mm, high boost is 90mm, then i asked if they had any other option and they sent me the 85mm pulley)
just to make things clear, you're about 12k miles c38, e85, AND high boost pulley and no issues? How much power is that at the crank? I'm guessing all you had to do as far as replacing goes is the clutch? or no. well and the belt too lol. thank you for the information.
pgranberg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:06 PM   #3208
Andreas83

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgranberg11 View Post
just to make things clear, you're about 12k miles c38, e85, AND high boost pulley and no issues? How much power is that at the crank? I'm guessing all you had to do as far as replacing goes is the clutch? or no. well and the belt too lol. thank you for the information.
Higher higher boost pulley according to his post. Videos?

2013 BRZ, kraftwerks supercharged.
Skunk2 Ultra radiator with oilcooler
KW v3 - enkei 17x9 with PSS
Andreas83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:15 PM   #3209
86SPEED

Drives: The silvertrooper 10 series
Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Higher boost pulley since day 1, E85 about 1k after, so 11k on E85, higher boost pulley. official dyno shows 417 at the hubs (dynapak) Delicious tuning did some tweaks for quite a bit more power after, Id estimate over 450 now, he was thinking a bit more at that time. Im on a different tune so at this time i dont know

My car is an Automatic. To be 10000% honest, im not always at or above the stock redline, my normal driving hardly see's me in boost maybe a pound or two during normal driving and even when im having a bit of fun maybe around 14 psi. I never needed or really wanted this much, it just kinda happened and then it was like a why not. I dont think the engine or transmission would hold at a track day the way it is setup now. its alot of boost and its a stock engine and trans. after the TC upgrade and valvebody, clutch packs then maybe the trans would be up to the task, the engine on the otherhand would need to be built to handle the abuse.. But for daily driving and having fun with other cars, so far its held up.

Also the only small thing i noticed, is that after about 12k, the oil tank for the SC was about half way on the dip stick. My fault for not checking regularly, i would assume it should be ok anywhere from the min to max line, but i wasnt really expecting to see any loss of fluid. I was expecting this bottle to last the whole 30k service interval. I still havent used a full bottle and still have a filter and bottle for its fluid swap when time. I have checked all fittings and do not see any noticeable leaks or seeps..

-Thomas
86SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86SPEED For This Useful Post:
pgranberg11 (04-08-2015)
Old 04-07-2015, 09:17 PM   #3210
86SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas83 View Post
Higher higher boost pulley according to his post. Videos?
I should borrow the shops gopro and run out somewhere to grab some.. It will have to wait until the 91 is flushed out and back to E85.. i dont take it over 6k on pump gas

-Thomas
The Following User Says Thank You to 86SPEED For This Useful Post:
Andreas83 (04-07-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 01:09 AM   #3211
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Quote:
Higher boost pulley since day 1, E85 about 1k after, so 11k on E85, higher boost pulley. official dyno shows 417 at the hubs (dynapak) Delicious tuning did some tweaks for quite a bit more power after, Id estimate over 450 now, he was thinking a bit more at that time. Im on a different tune so at this time i dont know

My car is an Automatic. To be 10000% honest, im not always at or above the stock redline, my normal driving hardly see's me in boost maybe a pound or two during normal driving and even when im having a bit of fun maybe around 14 psi. I never needed or really wanted this much, it just kinda happened and then it was like a why not. I dont think the engine or transmission would hold at a track day the way it is setup now. its alot of boost and its a stock engine and trans. after the TC upgrade and valvebody, clutch packs then maybe the trans would be up to the task, the engine on the otherhand would need to be built to handle the abuse.. But for daily driving and having fun with other cars, so far its held up.

Also the only small thing i noticed, is that after about 12k, the oil tank for the SC was about half way on the dip stick. My fault for not checking regularly, i would assume it should be ok anywhere from the min to max line, but i wasnt really expecting to see any loss of fluid. I was expecting this bottle to last the whole 30k service interval. I still havent used a full bottle and still have a filter and bottle for its fluid swap when time. I have checked all fittings and do not see any noticeable leaks or seeps..

-Thomas
damn, well that's good to know. I plan on tracking my car so I definitely don't want to blow up. lol. You mentioned you have the 85mm higher boost pulley. Did you mean the 75mm one? I went to kraftwerks website and they have just a graph of 75mm for standard boost c38 and then they show high boost 70mm pulley for c38.

or did you actually mean 85mm?
Old 04-08-2015, 04:17 AM   #3212
Gixxersixxerman

Drives: Toyota GT86, 66 beetle, 11 GSXR 750
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
damn, well that's good to know. I plan on tracking my car so I definitely don't want to blow up. lol. You mentioned you have the 85mm higher boost pulley. Did you mean the 75mm one? I went to kraftwerks website and they have just a graph of 75mm for standard boost c38 and then they show high boost 70mm pulley for c38.

or did you actually mean 85mm?
That is the older pulley setup, 100mm crank and 75mm regular, 70mm high boost setup. The problem was the belt wrap was to much for the 70mm and just on the limit with the 75mm, I'll call and get that changed, they now run a 128mm crank pulley, and regular boost is 95mm, high boost 90mm and a higher boost 85mm.
Gixxersixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gixxersixxerman For This Useful Post:
pgranberg11 (04-08-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 11:50 AM   #3213
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxersixxerman View Post
That is the older pulley setup, 100mm crank and 75mm regular, 70mm high boost setup. The problem was the belt wrap was to much for the 70mm and just on the limit with the 75mm, I'll call and get that changed, they now run a 128mm crank pulley, and regular boost is 95mm, high boost 90mm and a higher boost 85mm.
ohhhh ok. That I didn't know. I ordered my kit probably a month ago, so is it safe to say that I probably have a 128mm crank pulley and a 95 blower pulley?
Old 04-08-2015, 01:16 PM   #3214
86SPEED

Quote:
ohhhh ok. That I didn't know. I ordered my kit probably a month ago, so is it safe to say that I probably have a 128mm crank pulley and a 95 blower pulley?
That should be, Its whats being shipped for some time now.

-Thomas
Old 04-09-2015, 02:15 PM   #3215
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Quote:
That should be, Its whats being shipped for some time now.

-Thomas
decisions, decisions...

I do plan on tracking the car and a few auto cross sessions. I'm thinking I do either e85 OR higher boost pulley with my c38 kit. and again hope to the car gods i don't blow up.

or just leave it the way it is now. c38 using 93 octane.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:43 PM   #3216
86SPEED

I would not recommend the higher boost pulley without using E85. im at 18.9 psi depending on the weather and thats at our elevation. sea level would be even more. When im on pump gas i dont go over 6k, 6.5k at the most.

-Thomas
Old 04-09-2015, 07:49 PM   #3217
Triumphrider

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS in white out
Sorry to post this, maybe its obvious and I just don't understand it but here goes. I am running the c38 blower on a stock engine and fuel system, no e85 around here. I have read this thread end to end and still see so many variations when it comes to tuning this car with the c38. I won't name tuners but how does one tuner have the ability to tune a stock frs like mine with a c38 to 300whp safely on pump gas and safe afr's while others struggle to hit 280whp because of overloading the pump and injectors? Sorry if this is silly....I just don't get it.
Triumphrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:26 AM   #3218
FirestormFRS

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphrider View Post
Sorry to post this, maybe its obvious and I just don't understand it but here goes. I am running the c38 blower on a stock engine and fuel system, no e85 around here. I have read this thread end to end and still see so many variations when it comes to tuning this car with the c38. I won't name tuners but how does one tuner have the ability to tune a stock frs like mine with a c38 to 300whp safely on pump gas and safe afr's while others struggle to hit 280whp because of overloading the pump and injectors? Sorry if this is silly....I just don't get it.

It's not silly.

I would say the biggest difference in the HP output is the dyno and the conditions during the dyno runs. Put em all on the same dyno on the same day with like conditions the variance would probably come way down.
FirestormFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:21 AM   #3219
Freeman

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphrider View Post
Different dynos and different dyno conditions. Different pump gas quality. Different tuning preferences and philosophies... I.e. with 2 different fuel systems tuner A may prefer port injectors, Tuner B may like direct injection, Tuner C may prefer a 50/50 split.
Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:36 AM   #3220
lordhustlerr

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Oil Cooler Problem

Hi fellow frs/brz Kraftwerks owners,
I'm a new KW owner who got 354hp using Ethanol. Because i track my car i feel i'm oblige to install an oil cooler. I found a shop who can install the oil cooler i bought. The oil cooler is not branded but pretty much solid. The problem is it won't fit on the KW kit because the oil filter host hit the bracket, so the shop who installed myt kw kit relocate the oil filter position near the rotrex. (It is circle in the photo)
Brothers do you think it will affect on how the oil filter works? Considering it has more distance from the engine. Do you think it will affect the pressure pushing the oil in the engine? How about the position of my Greddy oil catch can? I think KW guys should answer this, considering their kit might be accuse of the cause, if i will have engine failure in the future.
Thanks in advance,
and more power KW
lordhustlerr is offline   Reply With Quote