follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 01-04-2014, 12:54 AM   #15
subwaynm

Drives: Scion FR-S Coupe
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Toyobaru seem to be operating off regional allocations with each region determining who gets the cars, dealerships work with their regional person to get the car they want, not the car you want.

Ideally it would work the way you want it, order the car and you should have the exact car you want in about a month (that's the way mine worked out, but it was like pulling teeth). But no matter how friendly your neighborhood dealership is they're looking out for themselves first, they've got their next 3 months deliveries worked out the way they want and don't want to shuffle to get the car to your specs, maybe they're only getting one car a month and they've got three guys ahead of you. Doesn't matter, they're playing a game unless they only get 1 car every 3 months.

You could probably get the car you want over this way though, it feels awkward hawking this guy but he's really the only reliable way to get a BRZ with minimal hassle.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54679
That is exactly how it worked for me. I ordered the car and they(Toyota Dealer) got it for me somehow/where in about a month.
subwaynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:56 AM   #16
Photonic

Drives: 2014 Premium BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Heuberger Motors...problem solved
Right but it must cost like 1k to ship a damn car 22 hours ...I am thinking about flying up and driving it back =D id waste some vacation days for that road trip. but this time a year, I worry about the snow. I have never driven in snow ..I have always wanted to though.
Photonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:15 AM   #17
|-Goku-|

Drives: 2011 Civic Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonic View Post
Right but it must cost like 1k to ship a damn car 22 hours ...I am thinking about flying up and driving it back =D id waste some vacation days for that road trip. but this time a year, I worry about the snow. I have never driven in snow ..I have always wanted to though.
Probably about 400-500.
|-Goku-| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:20 AM   #18
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaLo View Post
sadly, this was the ultimate reason i went with an frs. every subie dealership hit me with the same "hard-to-come-by" story because they are able to mark up the prices on the brz. dealers would only have one available... visually, and marked up to almost sti msrp! i wont bad mouth any particular dealership, but there was one i was working with for a bit that were trying to sell me on the one they had on the showroom floor, when they actually had 3 others on the roof of the building. i could be wrong, maybe California dealers are different, but i'd be willing to bet if you told them what color and options you wanted and were willing to pay whatever they asked, they'd find you one in 48hrs.
I had a similar experience. That's the ONLY reason why I got an FRS.
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:49 AM   #19
SOLDIER [X]

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Quote:
I think it was around $700 to ship the car from Colorado to California. Probably be the same if not less to your location.
SOLDIER [X] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:32 AM   #20
Photonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLDIER [X] View Post
I think it was around $700 to ship the car from Colorado to California. Probably be the same if not less to your location.
Well hot damn Ill order from Clint this weekend.

And Ive already started asking people if they would like to buy my r-spec Genesis Coupe.

17,600 OBO. And thats 1.5 hundered less than payoff ..ill provide the difference but it corresponds with KBB since it needs new tires.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:47 AM   #21
ScottKR

Drives: BRZ Limited, Satin Pearl White, MT
I'll sell you mine. 2013 Silver White Pearl. 3900 original miles. Excellent condition. Clean. Its the Limited Edition. Nothing wrong with it. After 6 months of owning it I'm realizing its just not for me. I need something more functional.

Quote:
I am trying to get my hands on my first BRZ and I post this hear because I know Toyota/scion distribution is managed differently IE more available.. My local subaru dealer is very small, family owned, very small inventory and only one overpriced Limited on the lot for 30k. but it is not what I want.

I am not familiar much with the auto "industry" except for mine. I work for Hyundai proper. I build cars and I know all our cars go to a distribution center which is then allocated to dealers AS THEY REQUEST ..in almost real time. We pretty much have a surplus at all times in all colors and trim, ready to replace dealer stock as it is sold.

I assume other companies work this way but it seems BRZ's are not stocked in distribution buffers and are delivered as ordered from the factory?

The subaru dealers tell me I must wait 3 months for the car I want even if I negotiate a deal. Why is this so?
ScottKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:55 AM   #22
utekineir
blowhard

Drives: frs, project forester
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
This wasn't so hard. Was it?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...rch=true&Log=0
utekineir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #23
ScottKR

Drives: BRZ Limited, Satin Pearl White, MT
Mine is listed on cars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by utekineir View Post
ScottKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #24
Photonic

Yeah, I wasn't going to drive 328 miles knowing people kept wanting to give me 15,500 for my 17,700$ car.

Now that I have decided to just go ahead and sell my genesis outright ..I am looking further away
Old 01-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #25
White64Goat

Drives: 13 BRZ CBS LTD MT, 02 WRX
Thanked 1,111 Times in 627 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Fill this out and they will give you a quote. Jay Leno uses them, Wayne Carini (Chasing Classic Cars) uses them, so I think they can handle the job.

http://www.intercitylines.com/index.php/request-a-quote
White64Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:36 PM   #26
SOLDIER [X]

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
I'd say reach out to Clint and he'll give you a quote for all of the pre-tax/financing items which does include the shipping costs.
SOLDIER [X] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:25 PM   #27
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I've worked with Heuberger in the past and they've been great. Not sure if it was Clint or not (that was an 08 STi I'd preordered back in '08).. My recent BRZ purchase was with a dealer closer to me in Denver (Autonation Subaru) the process was equally as easy but I was paying MSRP, which was the norm at the time. I'd be surprised if Clint at Heuberger gave you a price higher than MSRP. The dealers around the Denver area (and Co Springs) have been really helpful to out of state BRZ buyers.

If dealers are still marking up over MSRP (without the option packages to justify it) it's BS. If you're looking strictly for MSRP then you might actually be looking for a model with zero options, and THAT may be what's "hard to find", not just color and drivetrain. When I was shopping around, I found that 90% of the delivered BRZ's had option packages from the factory. I had to order a model with exactly what I wanted, and that was a 3 month wait.
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #28
Photonic

only things I want are fog lights and rear wing. but I think a dealer can install those at any time.