follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 07-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #2633
IjustwantaGT86

Drives: 10Series/BMW E90/F250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by remorse87 View Post
Just got a call from my dealership they got an allocation on one. I asked for an Auto but they got a manual guess im learning to drive a manual! So for the ppl that got a call from there dealership saying they got an allocation for the car how long before it was delivered?
I'm not quite sure how the "allocation" works, if it is by FRS sales volume or some other metric, but my dealer in SE MN says they are getting a M/T and an auto. However, I take everything my salesman tells me with a grain of salt since he asked me "which color 10 series would you like?"
IjustwantaGT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #2634
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jertronic View Post
Digital copy of FR-S 10-series owners manual: Is this available anywhere for download?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Someone posted this, believe they joined bunch of 10 Series manual documents together. Should also be available Scion Owners portion of Scion.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidiank View Post
I never looked at the manual in the glove. I just signed up for scion owners site and downloaded from the website. attached for reference.

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6122518_75457608_987514
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #2635
Luis_GT
Banned

Drives: 2002 BMW 530i, 10 Series FR-S
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,754 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablitomarrero View Post
Attachment 44702And there she is!!! Just got called from the dealer!! Woooooo!! Picking her up 2 morrow

First off the truck!
CONGRATS!!!

Now ask them how many where at the port!
Luis_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #2636
X Series

Drives: FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMIL View Post
Attachment 44638

I just had the car tinted. 50% front and 35% back. I think it really helps to bring out the color and lines of this car.
Looks really good. I imagined tinted windows would really make the color look great. Thanks for posting the pic.
X Series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #2637
torqdork

Drives: RV-7
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablitomarrero View Post
Attachment 44702And there she is!!! Just got called from the dealer!! Woooooo!! Picking her up 2 morrow

First off the truck!
Great news, Pablito! You'll be the first with an OEM spoiler, too. Congrats!
torqdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #2638
torqdork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brently View Post
So...ummm... (trying not to mash my keyboard here). Just got a call from my dealership. I have some news for my fellow Canadians:

You know how we don't get that nice upgraded touchscreen with the option of navigation like the USA market? You know how we had to upgrade to the subpar audio option that the regular FR-S gets?

Forget it. They have no more of the upgraded audio. The supplier stopped making them (months ago) and all current "stock" has been used up. So no more upgraded audio for ANY FR-S: including 10 series. That means my 10 Series will be coming with the... uh... rather unfortunate looking (not my cup of tea) stock audio.

Very unimpressed right now.

Was also told over the phone that the 2014 FR-S is getting a touch screen as standard audio, with a navigation upgrade as an available option. My dealer tried to pull strings and get one of these units ordered for my car and he was told "absolutely not."

I'm really quite irritated and not sure how I am feeling about the car in general at this point. It as been one disappointment after another. I feel like if I take the car at this point, it's going to have so much bad mojo associated with it that I won't even enjoy driving it.

Waiting on another call from the dealer tomorrow for an "aftermarket" audio option. Not sure if I will go this route... they always fit a little wonky and never look as slick as stock audio.
I completely understand your anguish, having been there recently. I hope you find an acceptable resolution. If so, the rest of the car will speak for itself and easily justify your purchase decision.

I'll say this, the U.S. BeSpoke GPS isn't all that. It has glaringly obvious faults such as which way is North? And map detail isn't up to latest Garmin standards. I don't know about the rest of the features, I'm too busy enjoying the actual driving experience.

Sorry for your troubles, it's beyond annoying how Scion has treated their Canadian and American customers lately. But all of the hard feelings melted away after a week with automotive nirvana that only gets better during break-in. Please stick with us, you're opinions are appreciated here.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #2639
torqdork

Quote:
Originally Posted by remorse87 View Post
Just got a call from my dealership they got an allocation on one. I asked for an Auto but they got a manual guess im learning to drive a manual! So for the ppl that got a call from there dealership saying they got an allocation for the car how long before it was delivered?
Demand that your dealer get off their lazy arse and do a "dealer trade" for exactly what you want. The A/T's are were produced 2:1 over the M/T's and they should easily find a dealer willing to trade. Also demand that your car be flatbedded or trailered, not driven, to their door.

If your dealer just got the allocation, it's possible for them to trade with another dealer while cars are still at the port, making the transaction even easier.

Do not pay anything additional for this service. Dealers nationwide do it multiple times per day.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:15 AM   #2640
I_Shinji

Drives: 10 series FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Finally got mine. #449

I_Shinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:27 AM   #2641
kALMIGHTY
Banned

Drives: TRD Ultramarine '13
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
This goes to everyone in this same situation: Do not, I repeat, do NOT let them install an aftermarket system for you. I had the same problem last week, and right now I'm enjoying my brand new FR-S with the upgraded head unit like I wanted!

They make it sound as simple as, "Oh we'll just give you a better aftermarket head unit for the same price as the one you wanted. It's that simple."

What they're not telling you is what that all entails. First they sent me an email with the aftermarket head unit that they were suggesting. It was absolutely crap. "Better" than the one I wanted? Yeah right. It looked ugly, plus you know Scion head units are wider than pretty much all aftermarket double din head units, so they'd have to install those black plates on the sides that just make the interior look ugly in my opinion.

Second, installing the aftermarket head unit will most likely render the hands-free mic in the ceiling useless, so it will have to be replaced, which means they'll have to tear apart the headliner to get at the wiring and everything (NOT something you want your brand new car to go through.)
Then, it'll most likely leave the USB/AUX ports useless, so either they'll have to be replaced (lots of tearing apart of the interior), or left useless (NOT GOOD).

Even after all that, you might get a shitty head unit you don't like, and everytime you look at it, it'll remind you of how the dealership screwed you over.

Don't let them give you something "better" than you ordered. Don't settle for anything you didn't originally want. I didn't, and I'm so glad. I love my Pioneer head unit. I really don't understand people's complaints with it. So user friendly, and looks great too, especially at night with those red buttons that light up.

Anyway, good luck!

Quote:
So...ummm... (trying not to mash my keyboard here). Just got a call from my dealership. I have some news for my fellow Canadians:

You know how we don't get that nice upgraded touchscreen with the option of navigation like the USA market? You know how we had to upgrade to the subpar audio option that the regular FR-S gets?

Forget it. They have no more of the upgraded audio. The supplier stopped making them (months ago) and all current "stock" has been used up. So no more upgraded audio for ANY FR-S: including 10 series. That means my 10 Series will be coming with the... uh... rather unfortunate looking (not my cup of tea) stock audio.

Very unimpressed right now.

Was also told over the phone that the 2014 FR-S is getting a touch screen as standard audio, with a navigation upgrade as an available option. My dealer tried to pull strings and get one of these units ordered for my car and he was told "absolutely not."

I'm really quite irritated and not sure how I am feeling about the car in general at this point. It as been one disappointment after another. I feel like if I take the car at this point, it's going to have so much bad mojo associated with it that I won't even enjoy driving it.

Waiting on another call from the dealer tomorrow for an "aftermarket" audio option. Not sure if I will go this route... they always fit a little wonky and never look as slick as stock audio.
kALMIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kALMIGHTY For This Useful Post:
Brently (07-19-2013), FiRStsc10n (07-19-2013), HotLeopardMama (07-19-2013), jpky16 (07-19-2013)
Old 07-19-2013, 01:39 AM   #2642
FRS-D

Drives: 10 Series FRS(0218)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
They have no more of the upgraded audio. The supplier stopped making them (months ago) and all current "stock" has been used up. So no more upgraded audio for ANY FR-S: including 10 series. That means my 10 Series will be coming with the... uh... rather unfortunate looking (not my cup of tea) stock audio.
I am not 100% sure this is true my dealer just got both their 10 series in as well as multiple other frs's with upgraded audio, is it possible this is just dealer error and they don't want to admit to you they messed up?

edit: or I don't know maybe my dealer just got the last batch.
FRS-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:24 AM   #2643
Pablitomarrero

Drives: FR-S 10 series
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqdork View Post
Great news, Pablito! You'll be the first with an OEM spoiler, too. Congrats!
Yes! The dealer said it was a surprise lol. I actually wanted the 5 axis and I had told him this a long time ago. So he told me he wanted to surprise me and added the spoiler free of charge... Ok i guess
Pablitomarrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:25 AM   #2644
Pablitomarrero

Drives: FR-S 10 series
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Or maybe it surprised him as well haha
Pablitomarrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #2645
Wise
Circle Work Clerk

Drives: 2012 Mt. Fuji Red Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Is there an option on the Series 10 to get the leather/alacantra seats from the GT86?
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:08 AM   #2646
Burrcold

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,586 Times in 776 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Is there an option on the Series 10 to get the leather/alacantra seats from the GT86?
Nope. No real options at all, apart from adding the nav module to the HU.

Tags
2014, brz, fr-s, gt86