follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 02-18-2020, 12:55 PM   #85
Sccabrz192
Detroit Region, MI

Drives: 13 BRZ, 13 Volt, 02 WRX
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Well, after 2 years off here I am again. I've picked up a co-driver and committed to running the 2020 season. We'll be at Peru Pro, Bristol double, Oscoda Pro, Pro Finale, and the car will be at Nationals... I will only be able to drive it if we run Thursday/Friday unfortunately... co-driver is planning to run it regardless of run days.

Setup change highlights:
Going to the Yokohama A052s on my 17x9 Rota Titans, we'll have PS4S's for rain
I'm looking at some mild spring rate changes for this year... have been running 400/400 on the KW V3s, I have pairs of 350 and 450 rate springs as well to mix and match.
I'm switching to a Perrin 2.5" for the cat-back, front portions are still Nameless. The Nameless cat-back portion had been repaired a few times, and interfered with the Mann RSB, so I'll be able to run the Mann bar without contact issues.
I've had issues with killing 2 Odyssey gel cell AGM batteries in 2 years. Looking at maybe an alternative. I don't trust running Li-Ion with an electrical system not designed to charge them properly (which I guess joke is on me killing AGMs anyway)
I'm also replacing all of my wheel bearings and wheel studs just as preventative maintenance.

That's about it. Otherwise the car is set up as it was when I listed it for sale 2 years ago lol
2005-06: #192 ES 91 MR2 N/A Hardtop
2007-08: #54 STX 05 WRX Sedan
2009-12: #92 BSP/ASP 07 Solstice GXP
2013-14 : #192 CS 13 Subaru BRZ
Sccabrz192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:06 PM   #86
M0nk3y

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS / Chevy Colorado
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccabrz192 View Post
Well, after 2 years off here I am again. I've picked up a co-driver and committed to running the 2020 season. We'll be at Peru Pro, Bristol double, Oscoda Pro, Pro Finale, and the car will be at Nationals... I will only be able to drive it if we run Thursday/Friday unfortunately... co-driver is planning to run it regardless of run days.

Setup change highlights:
Going to the Yokohama A052s on my 17x9 Rota Titans, we'll have PS4S's for rain
I'm looking at some mild spring rate changes for this year... have been running 400/400 on the KW V3s, I have pairs of 350 and 450 rate springs as well to mix and match.
I'm switching to a Perrin 2.5" for the cat-back, front portions are still Nameless. The Nameless cat-back portion had been repaired a few times, and interfered with the Mann RSB, so I'll be able to run the Mann bar without contact issues.
I've had issues with killing 2 Odyssey gel cell AGM batteries in 2 years. Looking at maybe an alternative. I don't trust running Li-Ion with an electrical system not designed to charge them properly (which I guess joke is on me killing AGMs anyway)
I'm also replacing all of my wheel bearings and wheel studs just as preventative maintenance.

That's about it. Otherwise the car is set up as it was when I listed it for sale 2 years ago lol
Antigravity 680CA battery

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...sp?RecID=28337

I killed an old gen battery tender li-ion battery. This one has been working fantastic
Kyle H. - #89 STX
M0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to M0nk3y For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (02-18-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 01:08 PM   #87
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,470 Times in 4,993 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Odd, I've been dailying the Odyssey PC680 for over 2 years now without any issues, it even sat for a week over christmas and started up just fine. Then again my car hasn't really seen much below ~40°F other than a few frosty mornings. Pretty happy for $140 to replace my dead OE battery.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:13 PM   #88
Sccabrz192
Detroit Region, MI

Drives: 13 BRZ, 13 Volt, 02 WRX
Garage
Thanks for the suggestion Kyle. I will probably give that a try. The re-start technology sounds perfect as I'm thinking I have a parasitic draw issue somewhere.
I thought it was that I left my bluetooth dongle in the OBD port for a few weeks without driving it the first time, but when it happened again without the bluetooth dongle in, I'm back to the drawing board.
2005-06: #192 ES 91 MR2 N/A Hardtop
2007-08: #54 STX 05 WRX Sedan
2009-12: #92 BSP/ASP 07 Solstice GXP
2013-14 : #192 CS 13 Subaru BRZ
Sccabrz192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:19 PM   #89
e1_griego

Drives: Many
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Not sure what my national schedule is this year -- no Crow's Tour makes me real sad, and Vegas (and Arizona) are far. It's 950 miles to Vegas and 1400 to AZ. Sprint Nats is 1650....

Packwood Tour and Pro might be the only thing I make.

My setup is the same as last year except that I found a used Karcepts bar and installed that yesterday, and I have some A052s to try out.

Also I did a new Exedy OEM clutch and flywheel on Friday night. After 700+ runs the original clutch wasn't feeling great and came out looking not spectacular lol. Still need to put some more miles on it as I've only driven it around the block. It was only about 4 hours to pull the motor, do spark plugs, valve cover gaskets and new clutch, and get the motor put back in.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:40 PM   #90
M0nk3y

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion Kyle. I will probably give that a try. The re-start technology sounds perfect as I'm thinking I have a parasitic draw issue somewhere.
I thought it was that I left my bluetooth dongle in the OBD port for a few weeks without driving it the first time, but when it happened again without the bluetooth dongle in, I'm back to the drawing board.
I didn't have my car on a charger this winter. When to go start it up to move it slightly and start working on it and it was dead. Popped the hood - pressed a button and sucker started right up. Pretty neat actually, I'm happy to see it work.

They also offer a bluetooth app now where you can monitor battery life remotely, may give you some peace in mind.

https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...acker-lithium/

Perlim Schedule for me:

Charlotte Pro
Gridlife NCM
Spring Nats
Peru Pro
Bristol Summer Nats
TT Gingerman
Peru Champ (most likely a big no)
Oscoda Pro
Nelson Ledges TT
ProFinale/Nats
TT Nats
NCM Optima
Kyle H. - #89 STX
Old 02-18-2020, 01:44 PM   #91
MX-5RACER

Drives: 1999 Miata
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
the car will be at Nationals... I will only be able to drive it if we run Thursday/Friday unfortunately... co-driver is planning to run it regardless of run days.

Sorry to deliver bad news, but I believe this year they are going with a Tuesday/Thursday, Weds/Friday run order.
MX-5RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:45 PM   #92
M0nk3y

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX-5RACER View Post
Sorry to deliver bad news, but I believe this year they are going with a Tuesday/Thursday, Weds/Friday run order.
You're about a month behind. They redacted that schedule.
Kyle H. - #89 STX
Old 02-18-2020, 01:48 PM   #93
MX-5RACER

Drives: 1999 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
You're about a month behind. They redacted that schedule.

Good, I lost track and gave up reading the thread on another Forum.
MX-5RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MX-5RACER For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (02-18-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 01:49 PM   #94
MoarTorqs
***** Lurker

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Not sure what my national schedule is this year -- no Crow's Tour makes me real sad, and Vegas (and Arizona) are far. It's 950 miles to Vegas and 1400 to AZ. Sprint Nats is 1650....

Packwood Tour and Pro might be the only thing I make.

My setup is the same as last year except that I found a used Karcepts bar and installed that yesterday, and I have some A052s to try out.

Also I did a new Exedy OEM clutch and flywheel on Friday night. After 700+ runs the original clutch wasn't feeling great and came out looking not spectacular lol. Still need to put some more miles on it as I've only driven it around the block. It was only about 4 hours to pull the motor, do spark plugs, valve cover gaskets and new clutch, and get the motor put back in.
Yeah, that's a bummer with the Crows Tour. I'm still planning to head down for the Pro, then I'm shooting for Spring Nats and the Packwood Tour and Pro. Vegas and AZ just seem like too far to drive for one event, even though I'll be headed back from Crows via AZ...
MoarTorqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:51 PM   #95
MoarTorqs
***** Lurker

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX-5RACER View Post
Good, I lost track and gave up reading the thread on another Forum.
It's an interesting idea, and it seemed like some were really for it, and some were really against it. I was really in the don't care category as it doesn't change my time off needed for Nats, but could certainly hurt others who live closer.
MoarTorqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:04 PM   #96
steverife

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS
My tentative schedule:

Dixie Tour (if I get the car together)
Charlotte Pro (if I get the car together)
Grenada Pro (I guess, co-driver said no after last year)
Spring Nats
Bristol Double
Finale/Nats

Co-driver and I talked about trying to do the Packwood events and bumming around the northwest for a week if we can score rides (STX or anything really).

Probably do some combo of Peru/Oscoda events if I can't hit Packwood.
Probably try some DriveAutoX events at some point, too.
steverife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:59 PM   #97
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,470 Times in 4,993 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Debating between Vegas and Fontana Pro, heard good things about the Vegas site so I'm leaning that direction but entry list looks pretty meager right now. Definitely in for Crow's and Packwood, going to do the week of tourist stuff with the wife in-between but unless I get hooked like an addict that might be it until Nat's assuming the season goes well.

Did contingency stuff get posted yet or am I slow off course as well?
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 08:13 PM   #98
skylinekin

Drives: 22 GR86, 13 FRS, 15 BRZ, 13 FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
I didn't have my car on a charger this winter. When to go start it up to move it slightly and start working on it and it was dead. Popped the hood - pressed a button and sucker started right up. Pretty neat actually, I'm happy to see it work.

They also offer a bluetooth app now where you can monitor battery life remotely, may give you some peace in mind.

https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...acker-lithium/

Perlim Schedule for me:

Charlotte Pro
Gridlife NCM
Spring Nats
Peru Pro
Bristol Summer Nats
TT Gingerman
Peru Champ (most likely a big no)
Oscoda Pro
Nelson Ledges TT
ProFinale/Nats
TT Nats
NCM Optima
I’ll be at the gingerman, Nelson ledges & NCM TT events, red FRS in T4. First year of TT. See you there.
skylinekin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skylinekin For This Useful Post:
M0nk3y (02-19-2020)