follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 03-25-2018, 12:12 AM   #1
OfficeWorker

Drives: 2018 WRX STI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Some Carbon Fiber Questions and Pics Requests for STI and CF Under Spoilers

Blue 2017 BRZ here! I like the way the STI Front Under Spoiler (front lip), STI Side Under Spoiler (side skirts), and STI Rear Quarter Under Spoilers (rear spats) look on the Series.Blue and BRZ tS. I also like how carbon fiber looks. I would like to add these types of pieces to my car, but preferably in carbon fiber.

Rexpeed seems appealing as a nice balance of quality vs. pricing (Seibon also seems nice.) Rexpeed has the rear quarter under spoilers in CF, and slightly less pronounced side skirts that I really like. However, the only front under spoiler they offer does not fit the 2017 (same goes for Seibon's offerings). It seems that larger name offerings of carbon fiber versions of the STI Front Under Spoiler that fit the 2017's updated bumper just are not offered yet.

This leaves me with the options of A) only doing the rear under spoiler and sideskirts and hoping an updated front spoiler is released by the brand I purchase from, B) purchasing the CF rear/skirts and combining it with the black plastic STI front lip, or C) just purchasing an all-Subaru-branded front/skirt/rear under spoiler set in the matte black plastic. I can find pictures of how all of the Subaru-branded parts look. I can also find pictures of how CF rear under spoilers look next to the textured black plastic on the bumper, and I think this looks pretty good (see image.)

What I cannot find is either, an image of a BRZ with only the side skirts and rear under spoiler, or an image with a black plastic front under spoiler paired with carbon fiber side skirts and rear spats - I don't want it to look mismatched or if something is missing and am struggling to visualize in my head. Can anyone help me out? Any thoughts are appreciated as well!

Attached Images

OfficeWorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:19 PM   #2
Aluma007

Drives: 2017 Brz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
well, you could also just get the knock off or the oem parts and have them either hydro dipped carbon or vinyl wrapped carbon. Just to save a few bucks.
Aluma007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:53 PM   #3
NRXRaptor

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
???

http://www.subispeed.com/2013-subaru...z#.Wr7brYjwa-Y

http://www.subispeed.com/2013-subaru...z#.Wr7b4ojwa-Y
NRXRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carbon fiber, front lip, side skirts, spats, under spoiler