follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 12-21-2015, 01:20 PM   #1
Spencera15

Drives: 2015 Scion frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question New member and have a question please

Hey all first off im new here and happy to be apart of this group i have a question tho i have recently just got me the spyder fog lights for my frs and after looking around i can't find a DIY for the spyder fog lights so my question is do any of you guys know if this harness can be hooked up without using the button it comes with?? For example how can i hook up this harness so it comes on with my DRLS?? If needed as well i can post pictures of the harness, Btw i apologize for being a noob at these wiring questions
😂 Thanks everyone in advance
Spencera15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:51 PM   #2
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore

Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,797 Posts
Mentioned: 355 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencera15 View Post
Hey all first off im new here and happy to be apart of this group i have a question tho i have recently just got me the spyder fog lights for my frs and after looking around i can't find a DIY for the spyder fog lights so my question is do any of you guys know if this harness can be hooked up without using the button it comes with?? For example how can i hook up this harness so it comes on with my DRLS?? If needed as well i can post pictures of the harness, Btw i apologize for being a noob at these wiring questions
�� Thanks everyone in advance
You should be able to just wire the foglight positive into the positive for the DRL's, and ground it and it will work, however they will only be on when your headlights are off (if you are talking about those DRL's in the headlight) or only be on when you turn on your taillights/ low or high beams (I assume that is what you want?)
go_a_way1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:57 PM   #3
NyC Zn6

Drives: 10 Series #974 6m/t
Thanked 1,140 Times in 669 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Yea you can tap into the side markers so they come on with drl and with headlight. That's how i did mine.
NyC Zn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:07 PM   #4
Spencera15

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_a_way1 View Post
You should be able to just wire the foglight positive into the positive for the DRL's, and ground it and it will work, however they will only be on when your headlights are off (if you are talking about those DRL's in the headlight) or only be on when you turn on your taillights/ low or high beams (I assume that is what you want?)
Okay thank you very much for the very quick responses sorry i wasn't to specific my goal is to make it where the fog lights turn on when my other lights on auto turn on so tapping into the side markers would probably be easiest right? Or do you guys have any suggestions to make it easier? Thanks again
Old 12-21-2015, 02:09 PM   #5
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore

Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,797 Posts
Mentioned: 355 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Quote:
Okay thank you very much for the very quick responses sorry i wasn't to specific my goal is to make it where the fog lights turn on when my other lights on auto turn on so tapping into the side markers would probably be easiest right? Or do you guys have any suggestions to make it easier? Thanks again
Yeah I would do sidemarkers or something. Just be sure your fogs down draw to much power or your fuse will go but other then that it should be fine. I am sure there is a better way to do it, but I would just tap the side markers myself
go_a_way1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:11 PM   #6
Spencera15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyC Zn6 View Post
Yea you can tap into the side markers so they come on with drl and with headlight. That's how i did mine.
Okay thank you very much! Quick question when you did yours did you take the whole bumper off or did you just go behind the wheel well or under the bumper? Thanks
Old 12-21-2015, 02:14 PM   #7
NyC Zn6

Drives: 10 Series #974 6m/t
Thanked 1,140 Times in 669 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Okay thank you very much! Quick question when you did yours did you take the whole bumper off or did you just go behind the wheel well or under the bumper? Thanks
behind the wheel well to get access to sidemarker wiring.
NyC Zn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:38 AM   #8
YamahaR86
JDM Vaping Stance Nation

Drives: 2013 White
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Same here. I hooked mine up to my side markers so they're on when I turn my headlights on.

I'm using LED though just for looks so less power draw, went through the side wheel wells.
YamahaR86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
foglights, question, spyder