follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 07-24-2014, 08:59 PM   #1149
86•BRZ

Drives: 86 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Still desperate to remove the carhome launcher. I have rooted it but not game to freeze the launcher incase it doesn't start properly. Is it safe to do this?
86•BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:01 AM   #1150
SPT Legacy

Drives: 2014 Lightning Red BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverlightPony View Post
Accidentally miswired at the factory, maybe? It happens sometimes.
So after some playing around with the wires..still no soubd from soem of the speakers..think I need a new harness or new radio
SPT Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:58 AM   #1151
bwthor

Drives: gray
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Here is the update with CarHome disabled. This was provided to me when I asked support if there was a way to disable it.

IF YOU HAVE DROPBOX, PLEASE USE THE "SAVE TO MY DROPBOX" LINK, RATHER THAN DOWNLOAD. If there are too many downloads, my account could be disabled.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/szq66a8ksk...%20English.zip

From what I can tell, there is only one change between the last official update, and this one. The file is factory.prop located in update-->images-->manufactorycfg

I'm guessing that there is a way to enable/disable it without having to go through the whole restore process, but I'm not the guy to figure it out.

It has been working fine for me, but as soon as I load up Torque Widgets, CarHome crashes on reboot. You get the error Unfortunately CarHome has stopped. Click OK, and you are back on the desktop. I've noticed that if I have the radio open, and reboot, I don't get the CarHome error.

Does anyone have Torque widgets working and staying on the screen after a reboot? I've tried the last official update and it doesn't work.

Also, I'm unable to get my Exchange email account set up. When I enter the account info, it gets to the end, then at the part where it says it needs to change security settings, the settings app crashes with Unfortunately, Settings has stopped. Again, this error is present with the official update.
bwthor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bwthor For This Useful Post:
86•BRZ (07-25-2014), Deathalo (07-25-2014)
Old 07-25-2014, 02:22 AM   #1152
86•BRZ

Thanks heaps. That worked! and i saved to my dropbox

Last edited by 86•BRZ; 07-25-2014 at 02:42 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:27 AM   #1153
Unclewonka

Drives: Red GT86 manual (July build)
Hey! Have any of you guys have any issue with bluetooth streaming on your Dashlinq4?

Mine works a charm for calls and Torque, but for some reason it refuses to stream music in stereo. Tried two different iPhones and played with fader/balance settings on both phones, made sure we didn't have "bluetooth mono" enabled, and no dice.

I don't get it. USB, Radio and iPod work in stereo, why doesn't my music stream in bluetooth? I've got the update in place that stops CarHome crashing.

Anyone else have any issues?
Unclewonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:23 AM   #1154
Onelifeliveit

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86•BRZ View Post
yep i just added the GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk to the /system/app directory, then it just work, i had rooted it first. the link to it was somewhere buried deep in this thread, if you can't find it then PM me and i can email it to you!

I just need to figure out how to remove the std launcher screen and all will be well with it.
Damn.. I have got as far as getting the contacts app to sync but when I try calling from the contacts app, it doesn't bring the bluetooth app to call. Any ideas?
Onelifeliveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:29 AM   #1155
86•BRZ

Install ex dialler
The Following User Says Thank You to 86•BRZ For This Useful Post:
Onelifeliveit (07-25-2014)
Old 07-25-2014, 01:07 PM   #1156
Deathalo

Drives: 2013 WR Blue Limited Manual BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Yeah, if it's lower, it stays there. If it's higher than 14, it gets kicked back down to 14 when it goes to sleep/wakes up.
Wrong, I put mine down to 10 and I get blasted with 14 level volume when I turn the car on (Ca-Fi being in sleep mode).
Deathalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:08 PM   #1157
SilverlightPony

Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ, '06 Toyota 4Runner
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathalo View Post
Wrong, I put mine down to 10 and I get blasted with 14 level volume when I turn the car on (Ca-Fi being in sleep mode).
Strange. Mine stays if it's turned down, but not up. o_O
SilverlightPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:09 PM   #1158
Deathalo

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onelifeliveit View Post
For all those who have horrible bluetooth connections - I disabled GPS and it seems to have fixed the problem. Still early days but the couple of calls I've had since have been trouble free.
Not one bluetooth issue with this HU ever for me.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:13 PM   #1159
morphius88
R0GUE

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclewonka View Post
Hey! Have any of you guys have any issue with bluetooth streaming on your Dashlinq4?

Mine works a charm for calls and Torque, but for some reason it refuses to stream music in stereo. Tried two different iPhones and played with fader/balance settings on both phones, made sure we didn't have "bluetooth mono" enabled, and no dice.

I don't get it. USB, Radio and iPod work in stereo, why doesn't my music stream in bluetooth? I've got the update in place that stops CarHome crashing.

Anyone else have any issues?
Mine is like 50/50. Sometimes it streams music perfectly, other times (like today), it skips a lot. Dunno what is happening.

Sent from planet Mars using HTC One
morphius88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #1160
Deathalo

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwthor View Post
Here is the update with CarHome disabled. This was provided to me when I asked support if there was a way to disable it.

IF YOU HAVE DROPBOX, PLEASE USE THE "SAVE TO MY DROPBOX" LINK, RATHER THAN DOWNLOAD. If there are too many downloads, my account could be disabled.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/szq66a8ksk...%20English.zip

From what I can tell, there is only one change between the last official update, and this one. The file is factory.prop located in update-->images-->manufactorycfg

I'm guessing that there is a way to enable/disable it without having to go through the whole restore process, but I'm not the guy to figure it out.

It has been working fine for me, but as soon as I load up Torque Widgets, CarHome crashes on reboot. You get the error Unfortunately CarHome has stopped. Click OK, and you are back on the desktop. I've noticed that if I have the radio open, and reboot, I don't get the CarHome error.

Does anyone have Torque widgets working and staying on the screen after a reboot? I've tried the last official update and it doesn't work.

Also, I'm unable to get my Exchange email account set up. When I enter the account info, it gets to the end, then at the part where it says it needs to change security settings, the settings app crashes with Unfortunately, Settings has stopped. Again, this error is present with the official update.
Thanks dude, definitely going to try this out, not sure about the exchange mail thing, but might be because this has no lockscreen, try using a third party exchange app like "Nine" and set the security setting to app only.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #1161
Deathalo

Garage
Quote:
Strange. Mine stays if it's turned down, but not up. o_O
I think mine used to be that way, but might have changed after an update, what version you running? People seem to be getting a lot of help from support, maybe they can fix this for us. The 2 things that need fixing the most are the volume memory and the app partition sizes, if we can all request these updates I think they'll get done. Either we all email them or post about it on their facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/CaFiInfotainment

I think I'll start a post on Facebook, the more comments the better!
Old 07-25-2014, 02:25 PM   #1162
SilverlightPony

Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ, '06 Toyota 4Runner
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathalo View Post
I think mine used to be that way, but might have changed after an update, what version you running? People seem to be getting a lot of help from support, maybe they can fix this for us. The 2 things that need fixing the most are the volume memory and the app partition sizes, if we can all request these updates I think they'll get done. Either we all email them or post about it on their facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/CaFiInfotainment

I think I'll start a post on Facebook, the more comments the better!
I don't remember the version number, but I checked for updates yesterday or the day before and didn't find any.
SilverlightPony is offline   Reply With Quote