follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 11-29-2016, 07:55 PM   #1
bfsnail

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Troubleshooting Idle

Could a few of you that are smarter than me check out this video real quick and see if you see anything wrong with my vacuum lines? I've been trying to get my idle to stabilize but neither myself or my tuner can figure it out. Thanks!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yXebKBENB4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yXebKBENB4[/ame]
bfsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:00 PM   #2
bfsnail

Bump. Any help appreciated!
Old 12-03-2016, 09:11 AM   #3
GsxrMe

Drives: Late 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
pull you intake off and clamp every hose. the hose that is just in front of you intake but next to your AC goes to a rail barb that heads back to you gas tank needs to be clamped as well. So if you see a line or don't see clamp it.

The wastegate lower port ideally needs to not be shared you vacuum lines but needs to go directly to the turbos compressor housing. you can add the boost control into the mix in-between the two. The BOV sharing vacuum lines can cause headaches.

had to go this route on the Turbo Busa and BRZ

yes the boost controller in this picture is manual but a EBC will work as well. If your compressor housing doesn't have a port or barb option, time to pull it off and tap it.

FBM Turbokit: GTX3076R - ECUTEK HRI FlexFuel tune - FBM 3" Turboback Exhaust - 550cc Injectors - Walbro 485 Fuel Pump - 4bar Map Sensor - FBM Oil Pan - ACT SB7-XTSS - AMSOIL all fluids - Forester XT Oil Cooler - Cusco engine, trans mounts - Whiteline rear differential bushings - Perrin shifter bushing - Firehawk 235/45/17 - AEM Failsafe
GsxrMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 05:05 PM   #4
bfsnail

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrMe View Post
pull you intake off and clamp every hose. the hose that is just in front of you intake but next to your AC goes to a rail barb that heads back to you gas tank needs to be clamped as well. So if you see a line or don't see clamp it.

The wastegate lower port ideally needs to not be shared you vacuum lines but needs to go directly to the turbos compressor housing. you can add the boost control into the mix in-between the two. The BOV sharing vacuum lines can cause headaches.

had to go this route on the Turbo Busa and BRZ

yes the boost controller in this picture is manual but a EBC will work as well. If your compressor housing doesn't have a port or barb option, time to pull it off and tap it.

I think I'm already doing this. All hoses under the intake manifold are clamped and double checked. There are only two vacuum lines, one to the BOV and one to the EBC. The two other outputs from the EBC are to the compressor housing and to the wastegate.