follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 02-04-2016, 03:56 PM   #57
murdoc
Sometimes I'm wrong.

Drives: '13 FR-S/'96 240SX
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBRZer View Post
A simple, "Correct, AznBRZer. I do not know the history of the marketing of tobacco products to kids." would've sufficed.

Sorry, I guess I'm not hip to the lingo of illegal activities and various associated paraphernalia. If I called it a hash pipe, would that make you feel better? Or if instead of "e-cig," I called them "battery powered portable handheld nebulizers?"

It's funny how your first part is calling me out on not knowing what you are talking about, and the second part is you telling me that you don't know what you're talking about.
murdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:44 PM   #58
AznBRZer

Drives: 16 CBS WRX Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdoc View Post
It's funny how your first part is calling me out on not knowing what you are talking about, and the second part is you telling me that you don't know what you're talking about.
What's more funny is your construction of pedantic arguments.

But yeah man, fruity flavors and the shapes of e-cigs are the only ways to market to kids. Product exposure and brand awareness are meaningless!
AznBRZer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:48 PM   #59
olsonpg

Drives: BRZ. R34 GT-T
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I've been avoiding this thread but seeing as it reached 4 pages on such a ridiculous topic I knew there had to be some sort of excitement going on in here... Was not disappointed.
brandonblt2 (02-05-2016), DAEMANO (02-04-2016), Mr.ac (02-04-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 04:49 PM   #60
murdoc
Sometimes I'm wrong.

Quote:
What's more funny is your construction of pedantic arguments.

But yeah man, fruity flavors and the shapes of e-cigs are the only ways to market to kids. Product and brand awareness are meaningless!
Literally all I was trying to say was that your original post was confusing, but you decided to say it was because I didn't know what you're talking about.

The bong thing didn't make any sense to me, so I commented on it.

I haven't said that fruity flavors and shapes are the only way to market to kids, all I've said is that adults like fruity flavors as well, and that I was confused by you saying that e-cigs shaped like bongs were attractive to kids.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:49 PM   #61
PandaSPUR
PandaPandaPandaPandaPanda

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Well now Pan, please don't turn into a jerk!
You posted about a known contentious subject (hell you opened with the fact you knew it was), on a forum where you expected the results you would get, with people that you yourself have bantered with and then get pissy that it "turns to crap" from the "usual people"?
This will severely limit you possibilities for participation in any thread that you find contentious without turning you into a hypocrite. (Yes I am aware that I can be one as well).

We are watching you
Eh, page 1 with all the memes from @go_a_way1 and some back and forth was actually funny. Second page on, it started to just get stupid with people making random comments/memes. Wasn't really a back and forth if the meme droppers didnt even reply to each other. It was more of a "lets hop on this bandwagon" feeling.

And tbh I dont think it'd limit me much. The only thread I remember really getting trollish in was the HueyLooie one.

Anyway, as for the other stuff brought up about vaping:
1. Yes, you are a douche if you blow vapor at people or vape indoors. Vaping doesnt make you a douche, but you can be a douche while vaping. Douchery knows no bounds. If you blow vape at people, you likely also drive your car like a douche; driving down residential roads at night, redlined in first gear, setting off all the car alarms.
2. The vaping community as a whole is very against vape products that have cartoony names or images that may appeal to kids. Companies that do this are in the minority.
3. Vaping isnt a way for tobacco companies to market to kids. Tobacco companies are actually against vapes because its taking market share away from their products. The only "vapes" created by big tobacco companies are those displosable ecigs (like the "Blu" brand ones).
4. Vaping is a lot safer than smoking tobacco because there isnt any combustion going on. No tar, no smoke. No MAOIs and the other carcinogens in a cigarette.
5. Yes, not vaping at all is better than vaping. But so is not drinking, not eating sugary foods, not eating fatty foods, etc etc.
6. Yes, vaping is still risky due to the lack of research around the flavoring used in the "juice." One recent controversy was the presence of diacetyl, but theres been arguments from both sides about those studies. And I only buy from companies that dont use diacetyl anyway.
7. Some people get bothered by the sweet vapor smell, I respect that. When I step out of the office for a break, I go all the way to the actual street and blow away from the sidewalk so I don't bother anyone.
8. At least those sweet smells dont cling to hair or clothing like smoke does.\
9. Seriously, where have you ever seen a vape that looks like a bong? I do know of exactly one vape that looks like a tobacco pipe though.
PandaSPUR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PandaSPUR For This Useful Post:
go_a_way1 (02-04-2016), Marco_86 (02-05-2016), rosol16 (02-05-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 04:59 PM   #62
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore

Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,797 Posts
Mentioned: 355 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaSPUR View Post
Eh, page 1 with all the memes from @go_a_way1 and some back and forth was actually funny. Second page on, it started to just get stupid with people making random comments/memes. Wasn't really a back and forth if the meme droppers didnt even reply to each other. It was more of a "lets hop on this bandwagon" feeling.

And tbh I dont think it'd limit me much. The only thread I remember really getting trollish in was the HueyLooie one.

Anyway, as for the other stuff brought up about vaping:
1. Yes, you are a douche if you blow vapor at people or vape indoors. Vaping doesnt make you a douche, but you can be a douche while vaping. Douchery knows no bounds. If you blow vape at people, you likely also drive your car like a douche; driving down residential roads at night, redlined in first gear, setting off all the car alarms.
2. The vaping community as a whole is very against vape products that have cartoony names or images that may appeal to kids. Companies that do this are in the minority.
3. Vaping isnt a way for tobacco companies to market to kids. Tobacco companies are actually against vapes because its taking market share away from their products. The only "vapes" created by big tobacco companies are those displosable ecigs (like the "Blu" brand ones).
4. Vaping is a lot safer than smoking tobacco because there isnt any combustion going on. No tar, no smoke. No MAOIs and the other carcinogens in a cigarette.
5. Yes, not vaping at all is better than vaping. But so is not drinking, not eating sugary foods, not eating fatty foods, etc etc.
6. Yes, vaping is still risky due to the lack of research around the flavoring used in the "juice." One recent controversy was the presence of diacetyl, but theres been arguments from both sides about those studies. And I only buy from companies that dont use diacetyl anyway.
7. Some people get bothered by the sweet vapor smell, I respect that. When I step out of the office for a break, I go all the way to the actual street and blow away from the sidewalk so I don't bother anyone.
8. At least those sweet smells dont cling to hair or clothing like smoke does.\
9. Seriously, where have you ever seen a vape that looks like a bong? I do know of exactly one vape that looks like a tobacco pipe though.
LOL well I am glad I got in and out with only a little side helping of memes before your thread when to shit haha! Did you even find a good solution yet? I don't want to go back and read this thread haha
go_a_way1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to go_a_way1 For This Useful Post:
PandaSPUR (02-04-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 05:05 PM   #63
murdoc
Sometimes I'm wrong.

What type of mod do you usually use pandaspur?
Old 02-04-2016, 05:34 PM   #64
mattyd97

Drives: 2014 SSM BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The douchebag stereotype for vaping gets me annoyed. My aunt's dying of lung cancer and I wish she had turned to vaping instead. Yes it may not be drastically healthier but maybe there could've been a chance of her not contracting lung cancer from cigarettes, so stop being fucking assholes and advocating smoking cigarettes because two wrongs don't make a right.

As for the OP, I don't vape but all my friends do, so obviously, first place to put it imo would be the cupholder, but that obviously isn't an option for you as you want the armrest (not worth it imo but to each his own). My other recommendations that wouldn't result in any DIY modifications would be to put it in the driver's side cupholder along with some type of cloth as to prevent leaks and keep it from moving around. My next suggestion would be to just keep it in the passenger seat and reach over whenever you're not shifting gears (assuming you're driving MT). Last idea I have which my friends do when it's not in their cupholder is keep it in your lap. Easily accessible, it won't move (unless you're jumping around in your seat - I hope you aren't), and you won't have to do any excessive reaching and will be able to better focus on the road.
mattyd97 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mattyd97 For This Useful Post:
PandaSPUR (02-04-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 05:39 PM   #65
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
@Pat.Thornton Dude We get it YOU VAPE!!!!
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 05:45 PM   #66
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Atomized propylene glycol/vegetable glycerin laced with nicotine and food flavoring isn't a "cloud of fruit." It's a pretty disingenuous way of describing it and one could even go as far to say that it's an exaggeration. It's also a lot safer to say that one would prefer neither.

Try again.
I don't vape but I do know enough about basic science to know that propylene glycol is in alot of inhalers and has been proven to be non harmful in a vapor form in fact you can google this FDA quote:

“the absence of any observed ill effects in patients exposed to PG vapors for months at a time provide assurance that air containing these vapors is completely harmless."

The same goes for vegetable glycerin.....
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
Old 02-04-2016, 05:50 PM   #67
FRSBRZGT86FAN

@ichitaka05 I think this better be locked for the sanity of the mods......
Old 02-04-2016, 05:54 PM   #68
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
I didn't know there was such a negative perception toward vaping. D:

Then again, I live like a hermit and rarely climb out of my rock...

I do see those memes of WRX/STI crowd guys vaping though... lol
The Twins make me smile
soulreapersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 06:01 PM   #69
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,947 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreapersteve View Post
I didn't know there was such a negative perception toward vaping. D:

Then again, I live like a hermit and rarely climb out of my rock...

I do see those memes of WRX/STI crowd guys vaping though... lol
I didn't know it was this extreme either, kinda seems like a nonissue to me but these are the same people who just can't possibly survive if their car has a scion emblem instead of a slightly different logo for the same company. So... yeah
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ashikabi For This Useful Post:
go_a_way1 (02-04-2016), Marco_86 (02-05-2016), PandaSPUR (02-04-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 06:09 PM   #70
PandaSPUR
PandaPandaPandaPandaPanda

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_a_way1 View Post
LOL well I am glad I got in and out with only a little side helping of memes before your thread when to shit haha! Did you even find a good solution yet? I don't want to go back and read this thread haha
lol kinda. Just more so confirmed my original thought: I'm gonna need to make something myself or wander around home depot until something looks like it'd hold my vape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdoc View Post
What type of mod do you usually use pandaspur?
I've got a couple, but right now I stick to my Noisy Cricket + Aromamizer combo for when I'm out and about since its pretty compact. At home and when I go on business trips, I use my Lavabox with either the Aromamizer or one of my RDAs. Its too big to fit in most of my pockets, but being rechargeable via USB comes in handy when I'm travelling.
PandaSPUR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
azn whats its face, dumb thread, full agro and butthurt, this gives me cancer