follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1, MisterSheep, Sarlacc

Old 01-05-2016, 12:59 AM   #687
g33k

Drives: 2009 Nissan Altima, 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButeraFRS View Post
Picked up a razer mamba today, what a great mouse. It's so smooth and the amount of customization in the razer application is great.

Very simple design with two buttons on the side. Big change from my last mouse with like 9 buttons, 6 on one side 3 on the other.
Do I spot a logitech g110? I loved that keyboard sucks mine got damaged and never worked again. My wife got me a logitech mx master this weekend.

g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:48 AM   #688
ButeraFRS

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Close its a g510

Last edited by ButeraFRS; 01-05-2016 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:44 PM   #689
Vladimir Tutin

Drives: '13 Hot-Lava FR-S
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Figured I'd show off my stuff since everyone else is.

Desktop
i7-5830k
32GB DDR4 Memory
500GB SSD
10TB storage
GTX 980ti

Game Server, runs Minecraft, Unturned, Project Zomboid and a bunch of other game servers
Xeon E3-1230v3
32GB Memory
96GB PCIe Sun Micro Flash Accelerator (holy crap is this thing fast)
256GB SSD
5TB Storage

Network Server: Runs pfSense and a bunch of other network applications
HP DL360 G6
Dual Xeon X5660
64GB DDR3 Memory
76GB 8x72GB SAS

Network Storage and Media Server running unRaid
Xeon E3-1245v3
16GB Memory
126GB SSD
45TB Storage 9x5TB
Vladimir Tutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 02:27 PM   #690
Packofcrows
hey you, yeah you <3

Drives: 2014 37J FR-S
Thanked 1,258 Times in 809 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Hey gamers, slowly transitioning to PS4/XB1 gaming, was wondering what games you recommend?

Have Halo 1-5
The Last of us
AC Syndicate
Far Cry 4 (love this!)
GTA V
Batman Arkham Knight
Dying Light

Looking for something open world like Far Cry 4. I spent 40hrs to beat game and loved it! The politics, the lesser of evils! oh goodness... perfect game for me. So was TLOU and AC.

Anyway, looking at open world game with amazing storyline and as we all know many of these games (console) run through PC as well...,so thats why i'm asking.

Looking at Borderlands (seems too fantasy? Never played), Just Cause 3 (looks like open world Far Cry 4), Fallout 4 (looks like it may have good storyline?) or Witcher 3.

Any that you guys HAVE PLAYED and recommend?

Priority is:

Storyline>>>Length>>>Being able to choose where to go/do>>>graphics

p.s. loved Watch Dogs too!~
Old 01-05-2016, 02:32 PM   #691
Vladimir Tutin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packofcrows View Post
Hey gamers, slowly transitioning to PS4/XB1 gaming, was wondering what games you recommend?

Have Halo 1-5
The Last of us
AC Syndicate
Far Cry 4 (love this!)
GTA V
Batman Arkham Knight
Dying Light

Looking for something open world like Far Cry 4. I spent 40hrs to beat game and loved it! The politics, the lesser of evils! oh goodness... perfect game for me. So was TLOU and AC.

Anyway, looking at open world game with amazing storyline and as we all know many of these games (console) run through PC as well...,so thats why i'm asking.

Looking at Borderlands (seems too fantasy? Never played), Just Cause 3 (looks like open world Far Cry 4), Fallout 4 (looks like it may have good storyline?) or Witcher 3.

Any that you guys HAVE PLAYED and recommend?

Priority is:

Storyline>>>Length>>>Being able to choose where to go/do>>>graphics

p.s. loved Watch Dogs too!~
Give Dark Souls 2 a shot. If you are PS4 give Bloodborne a shot. The story is there, it's just not laid out directly in front of you like other games. I'll warn you that both of these games are pretty damn hard. Dark Souls 1 consumed the life of two of my controllers.

Definitely give Fallout 4 a go. The story itself is short, but there are a lot of side quests and things to do that will give you many many hours of gameplay if it turns out you like it.

Witcher 3 is absolutely great. Won many GOTY awards. I still have yet to get into the game myself, but I plan to once I finish up Fallout.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vladimir Tutin For This Useful Post:
Packofcrows (01-05-2016)
Old 01-05-2016, 03:02 PM   #692
Packofcrows
hey you, yeah you <3

Drives: 2014 37J FR-S
Thanked 1,258 Times in 809 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir Tutin View Post
...but I plan to once I finish up Fallout.

What makes Fallout so special? Never played. Is it like COD but with more of a storyline or?
Sideways (01-05-2016)
Old 01-05-2016, 03:09 PM   #693
Vladimir Tutin

Garage
Quote:
What makes Fallout so special? Never played. Is it like COD but with more of a storyline or?
Nothing like CoD other than there are guns and you can shoot them. It's hard really to describe what makes it special. For me it's certain encounters I have in game that will cause the game to be memorable. Running into a "boss" by accident with no preparation and coming out alive by the skin of my teeth (and while having my friends sitting next to me telling me how boned I am), memorable interactions with the NPC (some of the dialog is absolutely hilarious), the freedom the player is given to pretty much go off and do whatever the want and however they want (within reason). The story isn't completely on rails, you can make some decisions that will affect the story and quests some, which is something I always appreciate. It makes it feel like I'm not playing a story but am creating a story.

If you like Skyrim, you'll probably like this game. If you disliked Skyrim you probably won't like Fallout.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vladimir Tutin For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (01-06-2016), Tcoat (01-06-2016)
Old 01-05-2016, 03:18 PM   #694
g33k

Drives: 2009 Nissan Altima, 2015 Scion FR-S
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have a Xbox one I hardly do play on it though. I do have borderlands both for PC and Xbox one. It is a fun game you can play it two ways straight through to the story line or play doing the side missions and finding better weapons and trying out different play styles. Each character in borderlands has their own play styles that you can pick and choose certain skills. I use Zero he can be built to be a powerful sniper, stealth assassin, or just all out melee. I like to play as more of a sniper style stay back as much as I can.

I play fallout 4 in the same type of way going more for sniping and stealth for close combat. I'm currently playing fallout and haven't touched the main story line much mostly been doing side missions and exploring the open world. Something I really enjoy in games and is a big deciding factor in the types of games I purchase. What I find special about fallout is the world that they create. I love post apocalyptic anything! The points Vladimir makes are right on point with what makes the game feel special to me.
g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:33 PM   #695
fumanchu1

Drives: 2013 Brz C38 (bought not built :P)
Thanked 1,249 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Figured I'd show off my stuff since everyone else is.

Desktop
i7-5830k
32GB DDR4 Memory
500GB SSD
10TB storage
GTX 980ti

Game Server, runs Minecraft, Unturned, Project Zomboid and a bunch of other game servers
Xeon E3-1230v3
32GB Memory
96GB PCIe Sun Micro Flash Accelerator (holy crap is this thing fast)
256GB SSD
5TB Storage

Network Server: Runs pfSense and a bunch of other network applications
HP DL360 G6
Dual Xeon X5660
64GB DDR3 Memory
76GB 8x72GB SAS

Network Storage and Media Server running unRaid
Xeon E3-1245v3
16GB Memory
126GB SSD
45TB Storage 9x5TB
Holy shyte, you want to adopt me lol. So your running a lga 2011 mobo I see, how's that monster 5830k treating you? Do you have a dual processor mobo (I'm just thinking of benchmarking possibilities at this point). Anyways that's a killer build, I want your overstock should you decide to get rid of some things

I'm running a ROG Maximus VI Hero
i5 4670k (thinking of maybe getting as 4790k if I can get my hands on one for cheap)
16gb ddr3 @1866mhz
256gb OCZ SSD
1TB 7200 HDD
Asus Strix Gtx 970

Keyboard is a Corsair K95 (magical Keyboard TBH)
and mouse is a Roccat Kone Xtd
also have a Saitek x52 and run sennheiser pc 350 (closed ear)
fumanchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:34 PM   #696
fumanchu1

Oh the OG Dark Souls, such a rage induced experience
Old 01-05-2016, 03:40 PM   #697
Vladimir Tutin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu1 View Post
Holy shyte, you want to adopt me lol. So your running a lga 2011 mobo I see, how's that monster 5830k treating you? Do you have a dual processor mobo (I'm just thinking of benchmarking possibilities at this point). Anyways that's a killer build, I want your overstock should you decide to get rid of some things
I actually just sold my 3770k build a few weeks ago, all out of overstock for now!

Yep, using the X99 Rampage V Extreme board. The 5830k is beastly. I was able to get a stable OC of 4.8Ghz on it, barely had to touch the voltage too. Has been since dialed back quite a bit. Temps weren't bad, but they were heating up my room a little at idle, and lets be honest overclocking is mainly for chest puffing nowadays.

I do have a dual processor mobo, buts its a 1366 board running dual X5660. I have done some very simple benchingmarking on them and the dual X5660 completes most tasks slightly faster than my E3-1245v3. Haven't been able to bench against the 5830k, but I figure the 5830k will be faster.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:54 PM   #698
Sideways
BRZZZZZ

Drives: 2013 BRZ Whiteout
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
+1 on what Vladimir said. Fallout and Bioshock are my at the top of my list. I like fallout specially coz it has a long story line and lots of side mission. So, you dont finish the game in 2 days like some of the other games like cod or bf, as I like storyline more that online multiplayer.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:59 PM   #699
fumanchu1

Quote:
I actually just sold my 3770k build a few weeks ago, all out of overstock for now!

Yep, using the X99 Rampage V Extreme board. The 5830k is beastly. I was able to get a stable OC of 4.8Ghz on it, barely had to touch the voltage too. Has been since dialed back quite a bit. Temps weren't bad, but they were heating up my room a little at idle, and lets be honest overclocking is mainly for chest puffing nowadays.

I do have a dual processor mobo, buts its a 1366 board running dual X5660. I have done some very simple benchingmarking on them and the dual X5660 completes most tasks slightly faster than my E3-1245v3. Haven't been able to bench against the 5830k, but I figure the 5830k will be faster.
cool stuff, which I had a disposable income I could sink into my hobbies, but have had to trim my hobby spending slightly as it was getting out of hand (modded car, pc, golf, guitar <Gibson Les paul and es 135>).

Recently sold the guitars to pay for the car so just trying to not go apeshit on pc or car parts for now. I'd like to move up to the high end cpu market but that would entail a mobo change as well as they all run lga 2011 and that would literally ruin me because at that point might as well get ddr4 memory and 4k monitor and a GPU that can run 4k (fuck this never ending cycle lol).

But yeah Oc'ing is mostly chest thumping nowadays unless you are running a cpu that is end of life cycle
Old 01-05-2016, 07:01 PM   #700
ButeraFRS

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Ayy a fellow guitar player. Been playing for 10+ years.

Tags
pc master race, u no have 3080