follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 08-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #239
Killerbee

Drives: GR86 / Supra MK5 MT / MR-S / Z4
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 914_WHITE_FRS View Post
oh okay hey I forgot if I already asked you this question... Is your toyota emblems plasti dip? or grazio & co matt black?
All Emblems (also the pistion ones) are grazio & co matt black. Love the quality of them
Killerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #240
cdo221

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S, 2015 RS 1.0
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
Took Wingo to the Schwarzwald in Germany today.
/url]
Amazing roads in Germany too! I like the behind/over the top of the car POV you used on this video more than the others, if only it wasn't so shaky. I guess because it's on the spoiler?
cdo221 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cdo221 For This Useful Post:
Killerbee (08-18-2013)
Old 08-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #241
Killerbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdo221 View Post
Amazing roads in Germany too! I like the behind/over the top of the car POV you used on this video more than the others, if only it wasn't so shaky. I guess because it's on the spoiler?
Yes, the side winglets of the wing do shake a bit during normal driving, and the go pro mount adds this up to quiet alot shaking.
I'll try next time to mount the cam at the outer part of the WingBlade, hopefully that is more stable
Old 08-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #242
The RZ Precept

Drives: Whiteout - FRS/86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Love the pictures, nice scenery!
The RZ Precept is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The RZ Precept For This Useful Post:
Killerbee (08-19-2013)
Old 08-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #243
Killerbee

A short Hillclimb. Sadly the GoPro decided to relax a bit to much at the end of the Video ;-)

[ame]http://youtu.be/fmJ4ek6-RvM[/ame]
Old 09-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #244
NWIguy

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Quote:
some better pictures of wingo with the new valenti lights
Love your set up! I notice that your tire specs are 245s all around. Does it affect acceleration or performance at all? I was planning to go with a staggered set up 225s front and 245s rear

Last edited by NWIguy; 09-07-2013 at 06:18 PM.
NWIguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NWIguy For This Useful Post:
Killerbee (09-08-2013)
Old 09-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #245
Killerbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWIguy View Post
Love your set up! I notice that your tire specs are 245s all around. Does it affect acceleration or performance at all? I was planning to go with a staggered set up 225s front and 245s rear
Thank you. I did not notice any change in acceleration. However the grip in corners is way better than with the stock tires. So if you want the car to have lots of grip in corners, go for 245, if you like to do some drifts, leave it at 225.
I also choosen the 245 tires to match the 8.75" rim wide, since I dont like to drive "hellaflush" look tires.

IMO staggered set up will generate understeer on your car, so I would not recommend it. But in the end its really up to you and what you need the car for. On daliy drive basis staggered is just fine
The Following User Says Thank You to Killerbee For This Useful Post:
NWIguy (09-09-2013)
Old 09-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #246
NWIguy

Quote:
Thank you. I did not notice any change in acceleration. However the grip in corners is way better than with the stock tires. So if you want the car to have lots of grip in corners, go for 245, if you like to do some drifts, leave it at 225.
I also choosen the 245 tires to match the 8.75" rim wide, since I dont like to drive "hellaflush" look tires.

IMO staggered set up will generate understeer on your car, so I would not recommend it. But in the end its really up to you and what you need the car for. On daliy drive basis staggered is just fine
Thanks for the info. and advice. I really like the way your car sits now, I like it a lot that I want mine to look like yours lol. Anyways for the eibach lowering springs, you only did 1 inch drop all around? Since I daily drive mine too I think it would be advisable to also do a 1 inch drop. At first I thought 1 inch drop wouldn't be enough and won't be noticeable but from the pics you posted they look nice!
Killerbee (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 01:43 AM   #247
Killerbee

Quote:
Thanks for the info. and advice. I really like the way your car sits now, I like it a lot that I want mine to look like yours lol. Anyways for the eibach lowering springs, you only did 1 inch drop all around? Since I daily drive mine too I think it would be advisable to also do a 1 inch drop. At first I thought 1 inch drop wouldn't be enough and won't be noticeable but from the pics you posted they look nice!
Thank you for the kind words.
Basically, if you like how your car handles on stock suspension and dont want to sacrifice ride quality, however dont like the off road looks either, then the eibach proline are the way to go :-)
They are not changing the handling drastically (I did notice the change of tires, which I did first, but from there with the springs I did not really see a big difference handling wise). They are also one of the few which can be used with stock shocks, therefore the ride quality is still good. And the 1" drop is sufficent to look good but without the hassle of hitting every curb/speedbump/garage driveway.
I really can recommend them. However, if you want to get lower than 1" you should get coilovers or at least other shocks as the stock one will have troubles.
The Following User Says Thank You to Killerbee For This Useful Post:
NWIguy (09-12-2013)
Old 09-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #248
NWIguy

Quote:
Thank you for the kind words.
Basically, if you like how your car handles on stock suspension and dont want to sacrifice ride quality, however dont like the off road looks either, then the eibach proline are the way to go :-)
They are not changing the handling drastically (I did notice the change of tires, which I did first, but from there with the springs I did not really see a big difference handling wise). They are also one of the few which can be used with stock shocks, therefore the ride quality is still good. And the 1" drop is sufficent to look good but without the hassle of hitting every curb/speedbump/garage driveway.
I really can recommend them. However, if you want to get lower than 1" you should get coilovers or at least other shocks as the stock one will have troubles.

Yes, I think the 1 inch drop will be perfect for me since I daily drive it and in our area, we have a lot of rail road tracks, bumps, and pot holes I have to deal with. For now I am still debating whether to go 225s front and 245s rear or go 245s all around. The only thing I'm afraid of to go with the staggered set up is that the 225s up front might still be too thin that the offset won't look good. With 245s all around, I can see it in your pictures shared that it looks good and with the one inch drop it looks just the way I like it.

Once again, thanks for all the advice and info. I really do appreciate it
Killerbee (09-13-2013)
Old 09-13-2013, 01:46 AM   #249
Killerbee

Quote:
Yes, I think the 1 inch drop will be perfect for me since I daily drive it and in our area, we have a lot of rail road tracks, bumps, and pot holes I have to deal with. For now I am still debating whether to go 225s front and 245s rear or go 245s all around. The only thing I'm afraid of to go with the staggered set up is that the 225s up front might still be too thin that the offset won't look good. With 245s all around, I can see it in your pictures shared that it looks good and with the one inch drop it looks just the way I like it.

Once again, thanks for all the advice and info. I really do appreciate it
Well, as the price difference from 225 to 245 is not that big, why not just go for the 245? Or is there a reason you would prefer the 225 other then the price?
Old 09-13-2013, 03:53 AM   #250
ImAdry
Adry

Drives: Toyota AE86 Trueno & GT86 TRD
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hello @Killerbee!

I really like your 86!
Killerbee (09-13-2013)
Old 09-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #251
NWIguy

Quote:
Well, as the price difference from 225 to 245 is not that big, why not just go for the 245? Or is there a reason you would prefer the 225 other then the price?
The first reason was that I was afraid that it was going to slow down the car but you already told me that it didn't and it was confirmed by another person I know that also has 245s all around but people are just convincing me to go with a staggered set up which I hesitate to do now since I'm only doing a one inch drop and I feel like 225s are still too skinny and the one inch drop won't be enough. Also I don't know what size rims I would have to get for those 225s. For 245s I already know it should be like yours which is 18x8.75. Ughh Just a lot to think about but hopefully I can make up my mind soon haha
Killerbee (09-24-2013)
Old 09-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #252
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
The first reason was that I was afraid that it was going to slow down the car but you already told me that it didn't and it was confirmed by another person I know that also has 245s all around but people are just convincing me to go with a staggered set up which I hesitate to do now since I'm only doing a one inch drop and I feel like 225s are still too skinny and the one inch drop won't be enough. Also I don't know what size rims I would have to get for those 225s. For 245s I already know it should be like yours which is 18x8.75. Ughh Just a lot to think about but hopefully I can make up my mind soon haha
I'd go with the 245's in a heartbeat. Mostly because with the 225s you're going to end up with zero sidewall, a stretched look, and inability to rotate your tires all the way around. Unless you're looking for hellaflush, in which case 225's make better sense.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
Killerbee (09-24-2013), NWIguy (09-25-2013)