follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 01-31-2023, 01:37 AM   #9129
frostyfrs

Drives: Supercharged 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Mustang Dyno
frostyfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 04:53 PM   #9130
amirnew

Drives: 2013 BRZ sprintex SC
E85? 75 mm pulley stock motor?
amirnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 11:40 PM   #9131
amirnew

Drives: 2013 BRZ sprintex SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonicflo View Post
Has anyone ever inspected seals or changed the bearing on Sprintex S5-210's?

Sprintex nor Jon Bond are replaying to my inquires. I am looking for torque specifications.

My unit was previously owned. The oil leaks onto my rotors and is the reason why the intake manifold and intercooler were full of gunk.

https://imgur.com/a/BM3Otwh

What parts did you order to fix this?
I suspect i have the same issue
amirnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 11:01 AM   #9132
Kenny_LongWrench
Tacticool_BRZ

Drives: ZC6 - AW11
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hey all, my bypass valve has gone bad(tested with vacuum pump, failed) on my Sprintex 210. I see Jon Bond has the bell end version in stock, but I need the “hook/L shaped” style. I’m having trouble sourcing one. Does anyone have any leads? Thanks!
Kenny_LongWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 10:04 AM   #9133
Kenny_LongWrench
Tacticool_BRZ

Drives: ZC6 - AW11
To follow up on the bypass valve, I was able to get a part number from Sprintex. VA764a
Jon Bond stocks these it appears. Hopefully this helps the next person.
Kenny_LongWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny_LongWrench For This Useful Post:
stockysnail (05-16-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 11:17 PM   #9134
Spocknasty

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited / 1990 Turbo Miata
Thanks to all the informative comments in this thread I've now got a Sprintex (intercooled) kit on the way. Kinda quiet in here lately though...
Old 11-29-2023, 03:08 PM   #9135
02maher

Drives: Gt86 2013
Hi All! After installing the intercooled S210 I realized I didn't put enough RTV to make a proper gasket between the supercharger and the intake so now there is a vacuum leak : I also put RTV between the intake and the ports on the engine block but I didn't see any sign of leak there. My question is should I redo the gaskets with the RTV or get a gasket sheet and cut it to size?
02maher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 12:00 AM   #9136
Spocknasty

Started the install this weekend on an intercooled kit. Not fun on a high mileage car - a few snapped bolts. My PCV line was hardened and cracked during install - had to fab something up there. Someone stepped on the check valve on the brake booster hose which had fallen on the floor and crushed it and that's all I need to source to get the car running.

The kit included a 75mm pulley and K061015HD which did NOT want to stretch on and required loosening several pulleys to make it happen. The tensioner is at about 95% load which seems too tight? I don't think that is normal. Any advice there?

When we tested the water pump in accessory mode it kept pumping after shutting the car off, is that normal?
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spocknasty For This Useful Post:
DocWalt (12-18-2023), tomm.brz (12-18-2023)
Old 12-18-2023, 01:57 AM   #9137
02maher

Drives: Gt86 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocknasty View Post
Started the install this weekend on an intercooled kit. Not fun on a high mileage car - a few snapped bolts. My PCV line was hardened and cracked during install - had to fab something up there. Someone stepped on the check valve on the brake booster hose which had fallen on the floor and crushed it and that's all I need to source to get the car running.

The kit included a 75mm pulley and K061015HD which did NOT want to stretch on and required loosening several pulleys to make it happen. The tensioner is at about 95% load which seems too tight? I don't think that is normal. Any advice there?

When we tested the water pump in accessory mode it kept pumping after shutting the car off, is that normal?

Where did you plug the water pump? I struggled finding where it was supposed to be plugged and at the end I sticked the wire to the MAF sensor, after switching the car off it keeps running for about 10 seconds.

Last edited by 02maher; 12-18-2023 at 03:44 AM.
02maher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 11:20 AM   #9138
Spocknasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02maher View Post
Where did you plug the water pump? I struggled finding where it was supposed to be plugged and at the end I sticked the wire to the MAF sensor, after switching the car off it keeps running for about 10 seconds.
Connected it to one of the fuel injector connectors.
Old 12-18-2023, 05:43 PM   #9139
BlankHugs

Drives: '13 brz limited
Quote:
Connected it to one of the fuel injector connectors.
this is correct, should have a wire connector that came with the kit to daisy chain off one of the fuel injectors plug

Quote:

when i did my install, i only had to loosen the tensioner to install the belt, didnt had to remove other pulleys. unless you got a different size idler pulley installed. 95% load doesnt sound right to me also. i know you need enough load on it so the belt doesnt slip durin' high rpms. but heres a post that i found that might be useful to you and to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
K061015 Is the belt that comes with it, 75mm to 72.5mm is only about a 1.25mm drop in needed belt length which unfortunately the next size down K061010 is 12mm shorter. The factory tensioner has room to pickup the slack. So the K061015 should work fine.

Alternatively you can get a larger diameter supercharger idler pulley and fit a belt accordingly

I posted this one about a year ago on here - Dorman 419-610 It is same bearing width/diameter but it is 76mm diameter instead of 70mm so more belt wrap on SC pulley, and 31mm width instead of 27mm so less chance of belt slipping off but requires about 3mm longer belt with 75mm sc pulley, i used it for a year no issues before switching to below.

I posted this one more recently been using about a month now Dorman 419-606 same bearing width/diameter but it is 82.5mm diameter and 30.5mm width so requires about 6.5mm longer belt with 75mm sc pulley.

K061015 paired with 72.5mm sc pulley and 76mm idler would be a hair tighter than before approximately 1.75mm tighter

K061016 Is 3mm longer paired With 72.5mm sc pulley and 76mm idler pulley it would be a hair looser then before approximately 1.25mm looser
Or with the 82.5mm idler would be approximately 2mm tighter

K061020 Is 12mm longer paired with the 72.5mm sc pulley and 82.5mm Idler pulley it would be a tad looser then before approximately 7mm looser

You want tensioner pulley at about 70-80% of its max Travel/tension so as belt stretches it has plenty of travel to pickup the slack, so you can decide based on current setup if slightly looser or tighter is better, and by how much you can deviate + or -

If you ever switch to the 69mm pulley the 82.5mm idler and k061016 should be a perfect pairing almost identical to original tension only about .5mm tighter.
BlankHugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 10:58 PM   #9140
NIKOLA

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S in Ultramarine
Quote:
Originally Posted by series.trackday View Post
Does anyone know if Innovate or Sprintex are still producing their kits for the platform? Innovate doesn't show the unit on their webpage anymore (but you can get there using the old URL), and Sprintex doesn't show it on their webpage either. Sprintex also hasn't replied to my e-mail inquiry.

I'd really love to put a twin-screw on my BRZ.
Here is the current link: https://sprintexsuperchargers.com/pr...s-supercharger

They still seem to be selling it.
Currently driving a Sprintex Supercharged FR-S in Ultramarine with an Invidia N1 Catback with Catless Front Pipe, Invidia Over Pipe, Injen Catless 4:1 EL Headers, Perrin Aluminum Drive Pulley & Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Driveshaft. Also, looking to upgrade wheels someday to Enkei PF01's (17x8's).
NIKOLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.