follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-14-2016, 02:42 AM   #1
SquadRon
Banned

Drives: Steel FR-S 2015
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Wonderful tiremark?

I was at work, when I sensed my car from far away being parked close to my familiar old white 4d saturn but painted black. I had this gut feeling or this urge something telling me to tell my coworker that is on the lot duty to keep an eye on that black saturn. But I thought why? Why worry? SO I go outside after work and what do you know...a Black Mark on the side of the back bumper. I am hoping it is just a tiremark!
WHY PEOPLE WHY!!!!!?

I will post pics tomorrow or asap.
All I could really describe it as is this black mark size of a splatted black mark with black marks skipping streakingly little bits below it. I put my finger on it felt as if it was over the paint and not the paint that scraped off.

BTW in this situation what would happen if I told insurance? Would they cover me I have Allstate. My dad told me they would cover me
but he thinks they might increase my insurance prices, what the fuck? Increase my insurance??? what?! but it was not my fault at all, so why am I paying for insurance if they can't even insure me on that without having to increase my insurance payments...? Is he just messing with me, last thing he said was a lot of people do not like me driving nice car, lolwtf.

I'm going to go to the insurance adjuster I went to last time about the sidedoor and have them try the tiremark cleaner on the side backbumper to see if it would come off and I can not have to park anywhere near anybody anymore! I need something a camera or something to just catch these people! What do we do when we park our car? Any lowkey ordinary or extraordinary parking tips?
Attached Images

Last edited by SquadRon; 05-17-2016 at 08:06 PM.
SquadRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:39 AM   #2
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,746 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Alright. First off, yes, your insurance should cover it.

Second, there are scumbags out there.

Third, short of keeping your FR-S in a garage and taking another mode of transportation, there's not really much you can do to avoid scratches, dents, and trading paint when parked because of the aforementioned scumbags out there, even if you were to park far away. All I can really say is take your own suggestion and invest in a dashcam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.
KR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KR-S For This Useful Post:
soulreapersteve (05-14-2016)
Old 05-14-2016, 04:36 AM   #3
Turbo95eg6

Drives: 2014 BRZ SWP LTD
Thanked 2,266 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Relax, dude
8R6 (05-19-2016), FRSBRZGT86FAN (05-14-2016), soulreapersteve (05-14-2016)
Old 05-14-2016, 05:26 AM   #4
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Smoke a doobie, clear your thoughts, and contact insurance.
The Twins make me smile
soulreapersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to soulreapersteve For This Useful Post:
8R6 (05-19-2016)
Old 05-14-2016, 06:35 AM   #5
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Ah, I don't understand the mentality of trying to keep your car pristine. Just drive it, enjoy it and let it get banged up. You'll care less when the next hit happens and you won't be upset enough to come on here and make a rage post about it. It's a 26k car that will never be a collectible and is only depreciating more and more every day, it's not a classic Rarri or a 2000GT
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
humfrz (05-14-2016)
Old 05-14-2016, 07:05 AM   #6
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Ah, I don't understand the mentality of trying to keep your car pristine. Just drive it, enjoy it and let it get banged up. You'll care less when the next hit happens and you won't be upset enough to come on here and make a rage post about it. It's a 26k car that will never be a collectible and is only depreciating more and more every day, it's not a classic Rarri or a 2000GT
Screw that, I worked my ass off to buy this car. Something nice is worth keeping nice. I'm not going to let it get beat up if I can help it. I'll go the extra distance to park it away from idiots.

-Josh
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yoshoobaroo For This Useful Post:
Freedom (05-17-2016), FRSapex (05-18-2016), ricotheraccoon (05-18-2016), _Kodiak (03-18-2020)
Old 05-14-2016, 08:09 AM   #7
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
Screw that, I worked my ass off to buy this car. Something nice is worth keeping nice. I'm not going to let it get beat up if I can help it. I'll go the extra distance to park it away from idiots.

-Josh
But that's the thing. You can't help it. Whenever I park in the back 40, I come out to see someone parked beside me. Who cares? The only way to keep the car perfect is by parking it in a garage forever. Rather be out driving the piss out of the car than be worrying about dings and dents and scratches and paint chips.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
Leonardo (05-21-2016), S84kam (05-14-2016), soulreapersteve (05-14-2016), Ultramaroon (05-16-2016)
Old 05-14-2016, 08:50 AM   #8
Braces

Drives: 17 Alfa Romeo 4C
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
If it's a small black mark. Best to leave the ins company out of it. I always view insurance for major incidences. Your premium will thank me later.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:16 AM   #9
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
But that's the thing. You can't help it. Whenever I park in the back 40, I come out to see someone parked beside me. Who cares? The only way to keep the car perfect is by parking it in a garage forever. Rather be out driving the piss out of the car than be worrying about dings and dents and scratches and paint chips.
I agree, you can't control it, but it won't stop me from trying to minimize the chances

-Josh
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 02:31 PM   #10
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,825 Times in 16,428 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Quote:
But that's the thing. You can't help it. .............. The only way to keep the car perfect is by parking it in a garage forever..... .
........and even then ......... stuff happens.

My FR-S has 3 small dents, all of them happened while the car was parked in my garage. The first one was caused by my granddaughter, opening the back door to ma-ma's car; the second one was ma-ma, opening the door to her car; the third one was me "attempting" to lift a recycle bin over my car.

Yep, @SquadRon stuff happens.......always has .....always will ......

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Cole (05-14-2016), Ultramaroon (05-16-2016)
Old 05-14-2016, 05:02 PM   #11
Token11b

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
A month after I got my FRS it hailed. I live in Arizona. This was in October. My hood, side fenders and rear quarter panel are pockmarked. It happens.
Token11b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 05:16 PM   #12
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadRon View Post
All I could really describe it as is this black mark size of a splatted black mark with black marks skipping streakingly little bits below it.
At least it wasn't a black mark the size of a splatted white mark. Or even worse, a splatted red mark. Red marks are huge. And at least it was splatted, and not swooshed. God, can you imagine a red swoosh? Your car would have been totaled.

Quote:
Or next year. Or right now. NOW. Or some other time.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-14-2016)
Old 05-14-2016, 05:48 PM   #13
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
I was at work, when I sensed my car from far away being parked close to my familiar old white 4d saturn but painted black. I had this gut feeling or this urge something telling me to tell my coworker that is on the lot duty to keep an eye on that black saturn. But I thought why? Why worry? SO I go outside after work and what do you know...a Black Mark on the side of the back bumper. I am hoping it is just a tiremark!
WHY PEOPLE WHY!!!!!?

All I could really describe it as is this black mark size of a splatted black mark with black marks skipping streakingly little bits below it. I put my finger on it felt as if it was over the paint and not the paint that scraped off.

BTW in this situation what would happen if I told insurance? Would they cover me I have Allstate. My dad told me they would cover me
but he thinks they might increase my insurance prices, what the fuck? Increase my insurance??? what?! but it was not my fault at all, so why am I paying for insurance if they can't even insure me on that without having to increase my insurance payments...? Is he just messing with me, last thing he said was a lot of people do not like me driving nice car, lolwtf.

I'm going to go to the insurance adjuster I went to last time about the sidedoor and have them try the tiremark cleaner on the side backbumper to see if it would come off and I can not have to park anywhere near anybody anymore! I need something a camera or something to just catch these people! What do we do when we park our car? Any lowkey ordinary or extraordinary parking tips?

If its a serious mark and insurance doesn't end up covering use some rubbing compound and go at it. Then wash, clay bar, then wax the entire car, focusing on that area specifically.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 06:37 PM   #14
billwot

Drives: '11 Cayman , '14 Camry, '11 Tacoma
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Just a word to all about insurance, claims, and rate increases: Your insurer will NOT increase your rate over a comprehensive claim (this would be a comp claim) or for a non-chargeable accident.
billwot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billwot For This Useful Post:
8R6 (05-19-2016), Braces (05-14-2016)