follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 07-09-2020, 06:47 PM   #337
Var

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlopez View Post
Since you're not getting the answer you want/need... Have you consulted Wisefab, Tein, or Perrin for a solution to your problem?
I already know the solutions to the problem. I just don't think it's my responsibility to pay for them, as I asked for a rear spherical bushings solution, and was suggested to buy something that was completely inappropriate. At least not without disclosing the supporting mods that would be needed. I would have declined to purchase the wisefab kit and gone with cusco bushings and spl arms, which is what I originally inquired about in the first place!!!

edit: originally I inquired about a mystery box they had on their website, which was advertised as steel bushings for the entire car. Nothing to do with drop spindles. Then they said that's a legacy part and we started working on piecing together a solution. We had the solution pretty much sorted out, then the sales rep came out of left field with.. OH HEY THERE'S A WISEFAB KIT THAT'S ALL INCLUSIVE AND MUCH LESS LABOR!!. And I was like..oh yeah that sounds great. Let's go with that. No mention of drop spindles
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 06:51 PM   #338
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
THANK YOU! Mind you, that's not an inch higher than stock, that's an inch higher than where wisefab put me. That would be an inch higher than the stock damper length, which is what your sleeve solution would do.

Now..Why would I raise the rear end of the car one inch? Because the hardware that CSG recommended and sold to me slammed the rear end of my car by over an inch. I did not want this. All I wanted was full rear spherical bushings. So now I have to raise the rear end , or lower the front end. These are the options I have.

If I raise the rear end by the amount necessary, I ruin the geometry. If I lower the front end by the amount necessary, I ruin the geometry. I would have to spend thousands of more dollars to do either without ruining the geometry.
You're thinking individual components.

You have to look at the system as a whole. That, is where the disconnect is. Look at the net result that is the sum of the parts, not the individual component.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
timurrrr (07-10-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 06:56 PM   #339
Var

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
You're thinking individual components.

You have to look at the system as a whole. That, is where the disconnect is. Look at the net result that is the sum of the parts, not the individual component.
The system as a whole is the entire car, front and rear. My system as a whole is thrown out of whack and I cannot adjust it to be correct. I need to spend thousands of dollars to correct it.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:04 PM   #340
nlopez

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I already know the solutions to the problem. I just don't think it's my responsibility to pay for them, as I asked for a rear spherical bushings solution, and was suggested to buy something that was completely inappropriate. At least not without disclosing the supporting mods that would be needed. I would have declined to purchase the wisefab kit and gone with cusco bushings and spl arms, which is what I originally inquired about in the first place!!!

edit: originally I inquired about a mystery box they had on their website, which was advertised as steel bushings for the entire car. Nothing to do with drop spindles. Then they said that's a legacy part and we started working on piecing together a solution. We had the solution pretty much sorted out, then the sales rep came out of left field with.. OH HEY THERE'S A WISEFAB KIT THAT'S ALL INCLUSIVE AND MUCH LESS LABOR!!. And I was like..oh yeah that sounds great. Let's go with that. No mention of drop spindles
Wisefab is a pretty baller setup. Surprise that you would have issues with it. What was the goal in your setup? Out of curiosity, when did you find out you had issues?
nlopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:07 PM   #341
Var

Just to give you guys a visual since Mike's the only one who's seen the email thread.

The rear of the car with minimal to no preload and the coilovers maxed out on height.
The front of the car at the default, pre-set height of the FLA. Also minimal preload. (roughly 14" from hub to fender).
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2020, 07:10 PM   #342
Var

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlopez View Post
Wisefab is a pretty baller setup. Surprise that you would have issues with it. What was the goal in your setup? Out of curiosity, when did you find out you had issues?
Again, as I've stated so many times. My goal was to have solid spherical bushings or control arms that come with spherical bushings in the rear. That's it.

I had the parts installed by professionals. They were at the final step of the installation, which is height adjustment and alignment. And the car was sagging like crazy in the rear.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:17 PM   #343
CSG Mike

so... why not lengthen the rear coilover, like I suggested?

Even with the custom sleeve, your net cost is still cheaper than your "spherical only" setup, along with having superior geometry, less weight, fully individually serviceable/replaceable components, and a wider range of adjustability. Additionally you now have the ability to alter alignment in the rear of the car, in real time, without having any cross-adjustment.

What is the cost of the custom sleeve and turnaround time?
Old 07-09-2020, 07:20 PM   #344
Var

Quote:
so... why not lengthen the rear coilover, like I suggested?

Even with the custom sleeve, your net cost is still cheaper than your "spherical only" setup, along with having superior geometry.

So Mike, for the millionth time.

Look at the photo above. My rear geometry at this ride height is correct. What would happen to the geometry if I raised it with a sleeve? Like you said, I would get jacking
Old 07-09-2020, 07:34 PM   #345
CSG Mike

Quote:
So Mike, for the millionth time.

Look at the photo above. My rear geometry at this ride height is correct. What would happen to the geometry if I raised it with a sleeve? Like you said, I would get jacking
That is not correct. Your damper is lowering the car (even at the raised-from-recommended height), and your wisefab is further lowering the car. You've double-lowered (two lowering elements) the rear, while the front is single lowered (one lowering element).

This is evidenced by your front also being correct. If the rear was correct, it would be even with or slightly higher than the front. We can correct this with a longer body.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:35 PM   #346
Var

Quote:
That is not correct. Your damper is lowering the car (even at the raised-from-recommended height), and your wisefab is further lowering the car. You've double-lowered (two lowering elements) the rear, while the front is single lowered (one lowering element).

This is evidenced by your front also being correct. If the rear was correct, it would be even with or slightly higher than the front. We can correct this with a longer body.
Mike, you are dense as hell, or really good at being disingenuous and running interference for David. Have a nice day
Old 07-09-2020, 07:35 PM   #347
CSG Mike

Quote:
Again, as I've stated so many times. My goal was to have solid spherical bushings or control arms that come with spherical bushings in the rear. That's it.

I had the parts installed by professionals. They were at the final step of the installation, which is height adjustment and alignment. And the car was sagging like crazy in the rear.
Quote:
The system as a whole is the entire car, front and rear. My system as a whole is thrown out of whack and I cannot adjust it to be correct. I need to spend thousands of dollars to correct it.
Sounds like you've caused your own problem, minus the over-lowered rear, which you already know the fix for?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 07-09-2020, 07:36 PM   #348
Var

Quote:
Sounds like you've caused your own problem, minus the over-lowered rear, which you already know the fix for?
Good day Mike. Thanks for the show
Old 07-09-2020, 07:40 PM   #349
CSG Mike

Quote:
Mike, you are dense as hell, or really good at being disingenuous and running interference for David. Have a nice day
Logic, math, geometry, and physical articulation is not correct, so you'll resort to personal attacks. Got it.

I'm always here to try to explain this to you a different way, if/when you're interested in learning how/why this works.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:44 PM   #350
Var

Quote:
Logic, math, geometry, and physical articulation is not correct, so you'll resort to personal attacks. Got it.

I'm always here to try to explain this to you a different way, if/when you're interested in learning how/why this works.

Yup you're the good guy. Just trying to help by deflecting all questions about logic, math, geometry, and physical articulation