follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 06-29-2015, 03:38 PM   #1
kuczynskika

Drives: Harrop TVS86 STi BRZ tS
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Harrop TVS86 STi BRZ tS

Wish I was doing this under better circumstances, but here goes... totaled my car recently and I have a lot of rare, high-quality STI JDM parts (imported from Japan) that are up for sale to a good home.

Check out what I have here. Happy to add more pictures. Located in Reno, Nevada, and happy to do meet-ups in the bay/norcal for the large items. Buyer adds some $$$ for shipping.

For those interested vehicle VIN is: JF1ZCAB12E9604488

FOR SALE:

STI ts GT Carbon Fiber Wing - $1500
(Imported from Japan) 1 of 3 known in the states. Excellent condition, but with some wear. You will need to get new mounting hardware. The Subaru part number you need is: E7210CA101 see link for part details.

Subaru BRZ Premium Trunk - $300
No holes, no wing mounting. Ready for you to install. Has some nicks and scratches.

Varis Arising I Carbon Fiber Hood - $1500
Imported from Japan by Evasive Motors. The Hood is painted in 2014 world rally blue and has a FULL clear bra. Comes with removable rain guards and pre-installed aero latches.

STI ts JDM Front Bumper Shrouds/Accents/LED Dayliner Cover Extensions - $150
Imported from Japan parts. Has a full matte clear bra overlay. The clear bra has some damage and nicks but excellent condition underneath. Will need new 3M sticky tape for mounting. Comes with original mounting instructions and templates.

APR Carbon Fiber Canards - $250
Comes with mounting hardware. Canards have a full layer of clear bra - 100% protected and in perfect shape.

Last edited by kuczynskika; 02-18-2022 at 10:45 AM.
kuczynskika is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kuczynskika For This Useful Post:
Ash_89 (03-21-2021), Busybee (01-28-2022), chaoskaze (07-21-2015), chermo12 (08-02-2015), mit_peid (08-01-2015), Mr.Impreza (07-15-2016), supra2nv (06-29-2015), Trap63 (09-24-2017), Vic4uf (03-31-2018)
Old 06-29-2015, 03:50 PM   #2
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,928 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Very nice! Are you going to go with any other Cosworth stage upgrades?

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
kuczynskika (06-29-2015)
Old 06-29-2015, 03:56 PM   #3
kuczynskika

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Very nice! Are you going to go with any other Cosworth stage upgrades?
Whats up! Well, I've been lurking on all of the the Cosworth SC threads (yours included) and the full set up is the eventual goal. The 6k is just too hard right now and I don't want to void warranty yet.

Tell me how much fun the SC on your car is! Looks beastly!
The Following User Says Thank You to kuczynskika For This Useful Post:
weederr33 (06-29-2015)
Old 06-29-2015, 04:10 PM   #4
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Personally, I think you'd love it. It's subtle, with little wine, but man that torque is very much welcomed. During DD, you won't notice it too much (or maybe i've grown used to it), but during spirited driving, it's soooooo much fun.

I understand the price is steep. Some can justify it, others can't. Depends on your perspective. I like the idea of this beautiful positive displacement supercharger on my engine. And the associated reliability of Cosworth. So for me, it was justifiable. ...but man my pockets were hurting for a while. Still kinda are. Haha! Also the tunes from what others are posting, are putting out good power on the dynos so you know its capable.

Oh, i'm still rocking the stock tires, so I get even more slipping now.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
Old 06-29-2015, 04:18 PM   #5
kuczynskika

Garage
Quote:
Personally, I think you'd love it. It's subtle, with little wine, but man that torque is very much welcomed. During DD, you won't notice it too much (or maybe i've grown used to it), but during spirited driving, it's soooooo much fun.

I understand the price is steep. Some can justify it, others can't. Depends on your perspective. I like the idea of this beautiful positive displacement supercharger on my engine. And the associated reliability of Cosworth. So for me, it was justifiable. ...but man my pockets were hurting for a while. Still kinda are. Haha! Also the tunes from what others are posting, are putting out good power on the dynos so you know its capable.

Oh, i'm still rocking the stock tires, so I get even more slipping now.
Thats awesome. Yeah so many people bag on Cosworth products for the price, but I agree with you, the parts are BEAUTIFUL, the reliability and pedigree is a plus with proven results

The torque you put out with SC must feel great. I was really happy with the stage 1.1. The dip at 3000-4000 is evened out a little, but still makes me hungry for the SC. I wish you guys with the SC would put up some vids! Only stuff out there is from rallysport, but its brief and doesn't do a proper job of making you feel what the SC is like.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:51 PM   #6
weederr33
Airborne at your service

I'd put something out but I don't have a go pro or camera for that matter. Also, my set up is the 2.2, so no headers for that mean growl haha.

Oh and I just upgraded and ordered some Pilot Super Sports too. So more grip!

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
Old 06-29-2015, 05:58 PM   #7
kuczynskika

Garage
Quote:
I'd put something out but I don't have a go pro or camera for that matter. Also, my set up is the 2.2, so no headers for that mean growl haha.

Oh and I just upgraded and ordered some Pilot Super Sports too. So more grip!
Gottcha, that makes sense then. Yeah those headers are something else. Makes me hesitant at times to do the full setup just due to the sound output. I think @Ernie L had that issue?

Are you planning on keeping 17s despite using pilot sports? I feel like I would need the extra grip that wider 18s offer just to feel safe while running with the SC? Your dash must get lit up with the TCS light going off all the time lol!
Old 06-29-2015, 06:05 PM   #8
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczynskika View Post
Gottcha, that makes sense then. Yeah those headers are something else. Makes me hesitant at times to do the full setup just due to the sound output. I think @Ernie L had that issue?

Are you planning on keeping 17s despite using pilot sports? I feel like I would need the extra grip that wider 18s offer just to feel safe while running with the SC? Your dash must get lit up with the TCS light going off all the time lol!
Yeah the cattless headers noise is a reason I don't want to get them. I'll probably get some catted headers of some sort and then custom tune. But that has to wait....

I'm going to keep the stock wheels because the wheels I do want, are too expensive (TSW Nurburgrings). I do slide easily and the TCS comes on mostly during launch, but I've been babying my launches. Of course, as soon as I downshift and take off, my tail end starts skipping or sliding. It's fun though

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
Old 06-29-2015, 06:14 PM   #9
kuczynskika

Garage
Quote:
Yeah the cattless headers noise is a reason I don't want to get them. I'll probably get some catted headers of some sort and then custom tune. But that has to wait....

I'm going to keep the stock wheels because the wheels I do want, are too expensive (TSW Nurburgrings). I do slide easily and the TCS comes on mostly during launch, but I've been babying my launches. Of course, as soon as I downshift and take off, my tail end starts skipping or sliding. It's fun though
Gottcha, yeah I feel you on pricy wheels lol. (got some 18" TRDs for sale to offset my recent purchase lol) I bet its fun to skip all over the place.

How does the balance of the car feel? Given the added weight up front, but more power and torque etc? The whole thing about the tS is maintaining balance and precise cornering capability while still keeping power low and naturally aspirated. Thoughts? stickier tires could mean you do these same things just at a higher speed
Old 06-29-2015, 07:02 PM   #10
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Quote:
Gottcha, yeah I feel you on pricy wheels lol. (got some 18" TRDs for sale to offset my recent purchase lol) I bet its fun to skip all over the place.

How does the balance of the car feel? Given the added weight up front, but more power and torque etc? The whole thing about the tS is maintaining balance and precise cornering capability while still keeping power low and naturally aspirated. Thoughts? stickier tires could mean you do these same things just at a higher speed
The balance doesn't feel affected at all, tbh. But I'm also not a seasoned track veteran to know all of the fine details. Of course, I'm not saying I don't notice subtle details with my car, as I do. I will say, the SC does add weight to the front, but that goes without saying as you're adding something to the engine. And given the added power and torque, you don't notice it really. You just adapt to it. I'm sure you'd notice it if you went from your car to mine back-to-back.

Keeping the car balanced as with the tS model (or STI), is just one of those perks for fine tuning what the car already has. Like people added springs, or roll bars. I felt that was already there. I'm not be into the car sliding so I got stickier tires because I want the car to squeeze those corners.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
Old 06-29-2015, 07:10 PM   #11
kuczynskika

Garage
Quote:
The balance doesn't feel affected at all, tbh. But I'm also not a seasoned track veteran to know all of the fine details. Of course, I'm not saying I don't notice subtle details with my car, as I do. I will say, the SC does add weight to the front, but that goes without saying as you're adding something to the engine. And given the added power and torque, you don't notice it really. You just adapt to it. I'm sure you'd notice it if you went from your car to mine back-to-back.

Keeping the car balanced as with the tS model (or STI), is just one of those perks for fine tuning what the car already has. Like people added springs, or roll bars. I felt that was already there. I'm not be into the car sliding so I got stickier tires because I want the car to squeeze those corners.
It would certainly be interesting to feel the difference. I agree with you on the corner hugging sensation as well. I think the balance they achieved with many of the stock components is on point too, minus the stock tires. Interesting to see how the interplay of tS/STI parts will work with Cosworth components. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'll be watching how your build progresses too!
The Following User Says Thank You to kuczynskika For This Useful Post:
weederr33 (06-29-2015)
Old 07-05-2015, 12:47 PM   #12
10Stars

Drives: 14 Subaru BRZ Limited WRB
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Refinished and ready for install! STI brembos coming soon...
Awesome build man!

Any reason as to why you decided to go Sti Brembo's?
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86917

I was planning on doing the same but after reading this I'm not so sure anymore.
10Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 10Stars For This Useful Post:
kuczynskika (07-05-2015)
Old 07-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #13
kuczynskika

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Stars View Post
Awesome build man!

Any reason as to why you decided to go Sti Brembo's?
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86917

I was planning on doing the same but after reading this I'm not so sure anymore.
I firstly I chose the STI brembos simply because they're what the tS uses. After that I went and did my research. I read through that thread completely as well as two others devoted to the brembo setup.

The conclusion I came to was that as long as you can properly flip the bleeders the front calipers will function optimally. (This is a complicated task however) beware that you're in for some work.

Common objections to the setup are weight and the rear brembos effectiveness. This setup does not exactly save weight, but lighter rotors put it more in-line with the ap racing kit. Are the rear brembos less effective than stock? From what I've read yes, but since I'm not doing hardcore tracking it doesn't matter. And if I was doing hardcore tracking I would justify putting away the coin for something like a near 10 grand brake setup. The shift in break bias is negligible and as others have proven, easily remedied.

Finally, the cost... To touch up the calipers and to get all the hardware came to a little over 2K. For an entire bbk that's unheard of. There are other kits which are more effective but for the price this is still a great, functioning and aesthetic upgrade. From what I've read you will still achieve better braking and heat absorption overall, so the setup is still a large improvement over stock.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kuczynskika For This Useful Post:
10Stars (07-05-2015), blues15dp (06-26-2017)
Old 07-05-2015, 02:48 PM   #14
sidesleeper

Drives: BRZ series blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wow, really nice build so far!
sidesleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sidesleeper For This Useful Post:
kuczynskika (07-05-2015)