follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-24-2011, 02:41 AM   #1
NemesisPrime909

Drives: 91 Toyota Supra 16 Nissan Versa
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A Message to Toyota

ok look, here in the states you have your Scion brand and We know you're trying to make it more popular. but giving them the FT-86 is a bit of a slap to the face to the Toyota enthusiasts.

at the start, you said this car was to to be reminiscent of the AE86 one of your more popular cars and a care many of us fell in love with much like the 2000GT, the GT-Four, MR-2, and Supra.

for me personally this said to me, "Toyota's finally going to have a sports car again, not only that, but an affordable one too!" and this thought generally made me happy, the only issue is, I reading alot of media saying the FT will retain it's Toyota badge in Europe, Japan, and Austrailia, but get the Scion name ONLY here in the states to this I say, I hope you at least give us the option of having it as a Toyota or a Scion or you may just see a spike in sales of Toyota badges and steering wheels

(Note- I do not hate the Scion name I just feel the character/spirit of the car will be somewhat lost)

Last edited by NemesisPrime909; 06-24-2011 at 10:39 AM.
NemesisPrime909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:00 AM   #2
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Old 06-24-2011, 03:22 AM   #3
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
200GT?
Mr.Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:32 AM   #4
ToyotaObsession

Drives: 2008 XRunner
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisPrime909 View Post
ok look, here in the states you have your Scion brand and We know you're trying to make it more popular. but giving them the FT-86 is a bit of a slap to the face to the Toyota enthusiasts.

at the start, you said this car was to to be reminiscent of the AE86 one of your more popular cars and a care many of us fell in love with much like the 200GT, the GT-Four, MR-2, and Supra.

for me personally this said to me, "Toyota's finally going to have a sports car again, not only that, but an affordable one too!" and this thought generally made me happy, the only issue is, I reading alot of media saying the FT will retain it's Toyota badge in Europe, Japan, and Austrailia, but get the Scion name ONLY here in the states to this I say, I hope you at least give us the option of having it as a Toyota or a Scion or you may just see a spike in sales of Toyota badges and steering wheels

(Note- I do not hate the Scion name I just feel the character/spirit of the car will be somewhat lost)

You just think that the badge on the front is going to change the aerodynamics and add 30 HP right?

Gotcha.

“From the beginning, the concept was to put the driver back in the driver’s seat, and to eliminate computers as much as possible today. Powerful sports cars use a lot of computer technology so that anyone can drive and handle them. We decided not to go down that road.” - Tetsuya Tada
ToyotaObsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:33 AM   #5
ToyotaObsession

Drives: 2008 XRunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofWar View Post

We need a monocle smiley.
“From the beginning, the concept was to put the driver back in the driver’s seat, and to eliminate computers as much as possible today. Powerful sports cars use a lot of computer technology so that anyone can drive and handle them. We decided not to go down that road.” - Tetsuya Tada
ToyotaObsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:44 AM   #6
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Please for f***sake.
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:37 AM   #7
ft86cbx

Drives: FT86 (Soon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisPrime909 View Post

at the start, you said this car was to to be reminiscent of the AE86 one of your more popular cars and a care many of us fell in love with much like the 200GT, the GT-Four, MR-2, and Supra.

FFS! Its happening so get over it!

All in favour of the ban stick say 'i'
ft86cbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:18 AM   #8
Riden86

Drives: Toyota soluna
Thumbs up

How about call it "Scion Supra"! Sound very good right?
Riden86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:35 AM   #9
Sabastian
will rain on your parade.

Drives: 2007 Mini Cooper, 1996 Mazda MX-5
If anything, the Scion badge on the nose of the car will likely help to keep the price under control. Plus, if it really bothers you that much, there's always the Subaru version.
Sabastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:43 AM   #10
bofa

Drives: Ms. Daisy
Are you sure you don't drive a Bravia?
Old 06-24-2011, 10:40 AM   #11
Laika
When In Doubt...

Drives: Slowww
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Slap on some Toyota badges and call it a day. I don't like it either but it's happening. You still know that deep down it's a reincarnation of the ae86 so who cares? Hell if anything the fact that it's a flat 4 and Subaru will have one too should be taking away from it's spirit yet it's still the one I'm buying

Join the Galaxy Blue Silica BRZ registry below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing
Laika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #12
NemesisPrime909

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaObsession View Post
You just think that the badge on the front is going to change the aerodynamics and add 30 HP right?

Gotcha.

no but have you seen the Scion marketing lately? or even the revealing of the FR-S? It feels like it's run by an old dude desperately trying to be young

secondly, branding it as a scion means introducing it to new buyers (i.e. teens looking for first cars and the like) and let's face it. teenagers are morons when it comes to being behind the wheel

and call me crazy, but I get the feeling a lot of them will want this car so they can be like Fast and the Furious and end up wrecking them, which will in turn, raise insurance on the car it self

one reason why I said release it as a toyota and scion (give us the option of buying either) you know? They've done it before (see Toyota Matrix and Scion xA/xD Toyota Celica and 1st gen tC) so why not now?
Old 06-24-2011, 11:00 AM   #13
NemesisPrime909

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofWar View Post

my bad dude
Old 06-24-2011, 11:01 AM   #14
NemesisPrime909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabastian View Post
If anything, the Scion badge on the nose of the car will likely help to keep the price under control. Plus, if it really bothers you that much, there's always the Subaru version.
indeed, but what do you do when you want to own both?