follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 12-20-2020, 02:00 PM   #1
dslrmar

Drives: White FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stance LCAs and Tein Flex Z +more

I’ve been searching for a couple days on the forums but nothing quite fit my scenario.

I’m planning on buying Tein Flex Z and maxing them out or at least going as low as possible for my roads. I’m going with this ‘budget’ coilover so that I can also buy Stance V2 LCAs and upgrade other suspension bits as needed.

My first question is: do the Stance LCAs actually drop the car 60mm as described? If so then I wouldn’t need to utilize the entire range of the coilover, but rather a modest drop should be enough.

Will I need any other suspension bits such as bushings or toe arms, ball joints? I’m pretty new to the whole modding world.

I’m also planning on buying diff skid plates since that seems to be the lowest part of our cars, aside from aftermarket exhausts.

Current specs are 17x9 +35 with TRD springs.

Hoping to hear more from the stanced crowd. I don’t want ridiculous camber but I do sort of want to be lower than the average frs.

Thank you in advance!
dslrmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 12:36 PM   #2
FeRS
bruh

Drives: Raven 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I don't see how LCAs would lower a car, but the rear LCAs are necessary when you go for an alignment if you max out how low the coilovers are. Flex Zs have front camber adjustment so you should be good with those 2 parts (LCAs and coilovers)
Old 12-25-2020, 02:30 PM   #3
HaXx

Drives: jrsc_brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Stance lca absolutely lower the car. Tow arms are a MUST, non optional. The go-to are spc. Tein are great, they get a bad rep by fools who think there is a correlation between price and quality. Tein in are great. Stance v2 arms allow the car to go VERY low. You may not be able max the coils out with the stance v2 arms, so I think this combo will do you great. Do worry so much about scratching the diff, nobody cares about a scratched diff, but being this low will roast your axles, that's the concern, so you'll have to learn to change them eventually, which is fine. Diff risers are an option, but might not be worth the hassle of installing them.

My setup is maxed out fortune autos with SPL on the low setting. My tires would be through the fenders, so they are cut off(widebody). The stance v2 are considerably lower than the SPL. Sorry thi image is sideways, it's a mobile upload.

Tein coils with stance arms, spc toe is a rock solid setup. But the rear might be considerably.lower than your front. So u might consider getting bc extreme lows so you can get the front down too.
Attached Images

Leonardo (12-25-2020)