follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 04-16-2016, 01:25 PM   #183
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have the rear deck buzz/rattle, some ticking in the dash, ticking from passenger A Pillar, and my seat clicks taking off/coming to a stop.

I've given up fixing it. I had a rental 3 series with 1000 miles for a day and it still had minor rattles in the rear deck. My coworkers FX35 (cross over infiniti) had this ticking from the rear which bugged the hell out of my, and my coworkers new Acura RDX and TSX also had rattles from the rear and dash. All cars seem to develope some sort of rattle, even luxury cars. I just kinda accepted it, kinda....

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 02:56 PM   #184
nzer

Drives: 2012 Grey TRD GT86, 2015 VW Golf R
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
I have the rear deck buzz/rattle, some ticking in the dash, ticking from passenger A Pillar, and my seat clicks taking off/coming to a stop.

I've given up fixing it. I had a rental 3 series with 1000 miles for a day and it still had minor rattles in the rear deck. My coworkers FX35 (cross over infiniti) had this ticking from the rear which bugged the hell out of my, and my coworkers new Acura RDX and TSX also had rattles from the rear and dash. All cars seem to develope some sort of rattle, even luxury cars. I just kinda accepted it, kinda....
For the rear deck rattle/buzz, give this fix a go. Takes only 30s and worth a go.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42065
Old 04-16-2016, 04:19 PM   #185
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzer View Post
For the rear deck rattle/buzz, give this fix a go. Takes only 30s and worth a go.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42065
I've tried everything except taking it apart and breaking the welds.

There's foam, lube, and sound deadening material in there.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:17 PM   #186
nzer

Drives: 2012 Grey TRD GT86, 2015 VW Golf R
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
I've tried everything except taking it apart and breaking the welds.

There's foam, lube, and sound deadening material in there.
Damn, I was lucky that bending that tab completely stopped my rattle.

Good luck!
Old 04-16-2016, 09:05 PM   #187
QuagmireBRZ

Drives: BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Does everyone have the Fuel Pump Chirp? Dealer said it was normal?
QuagmireBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:16 PM   #188
ryoma

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuagmireBRZ View Post
Does everyone have the Fuel Pump Chirp? Dealer said it was normal?
yeah, the chirping (AKA crickets) from the high pressure fuel pump seems to be normal. I don't really notice it though unless I am in my garage.

as for rattles and squeaks... I have a lot after installing my Cusco engine mounts and drivetrain bushings. just gotta keep that music volume and exhaust note high
Old 04-16-2016, 09:19 PM   #189
QuagmireBRZ

Drives: BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoma View Post
yeah, the chirping (AKA crickets) from the high pressure fuel pump seems to be normal. I don't really notice it though unless I am in my garage.

as for rattles and squeaks... I have a lot after installing my Cusco engine mounts and drivetrain bushings. just gotta keep that music volume and exhaust note high
Thanks just saw that on the warranty section. I can't believe they can't make a fix for it.
QuagmireBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:16 PM   #190
litehoss

Drives: Scion FR-S
Sorry of how late this is. I did take it to Toyota and to my surprise they did fix it. Not sure what they did, but I did take them papers on what they do for the BRZ. I think they had a fix from Toyota (scion) when I took it in. They were very nice about the whole thing and I wasn't expecting that. Thanks for all the input!
litehoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:24 PM   #191
litehoss

Drives: Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by srizzors25 View Post
So i've noticed that the little plastic cover for the center console clock/where the emergency flasher button goes creaks fairly often. I noticed while driving pushing against that and holding it seem to make the rattle go away. That or pulling on the side of the center console surround right next to that seems to stop the rattling. Not sure how to fix that sometimes drives me crazy

So you've seen the common rear trunk rattle fix I'm guessing by bending that tab? thats pretty common has definitely helped some of the rattle.

I noticed that the wire for the 3rd brake light I believe kind of floats against the roof of the trunk. It's in a a plastic loom and when there are bumps it hits against parts of the roof of the trunk and rattles. Going to zip tie and see what happens, try that out and see what you think as well

Sorry of how late this is. I did take it to Toyota and to my surprise they did fix it. Not sure what they did, but I did take them papers on what they do for the BRZ. I think they had a fix from Toyota (scion) when I took it in. They were very nice about the whole thing and I wasn't expecting that. Thanks for all the input!
litehoss is offline   Reply With Quote