follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 08-14-2013, 12:10 AM   #1
red1993sol

Drives: 2013 white BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best place to buy xxr wheels

Hey was just looking to buy some xxr wheels but was curious to where everyone is getting there wheels for the best prices ?? Thanks in return!
red1993sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:22 AM   #2
Amir Ghadiri

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Garage
I don't know about best price, but there's a shop in Ontario, CA called SGMotoring that special orders them single drilled 5x100. I'd try for those if I were buying XXR's.
Amir Ghadiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:35 AM   #3
Wes

Drives: JRSC'd Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-Wheels-s/32.htm

This place seems to stock them and have a good discount and I remember seeing some people buying from this forum
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:51 AM   #4
Maverick22

Drives: 2013 Rocketbunny GT86
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-Wheels-s/32.htm

This place seems to stock them and have a good discount and I remember seeing some people buying from this forum
I would stay away from these guys (nlmotoring.com). I purchased mine through them and the finish color was way off. Mine look silver instead of the black chrome color I ordered. I notified them that they sent me the wrong color, they asked for pictures, I then sent them photos and never heard from them again.
I had "liked" their Facebook page at some point shortly after placing my order, so I attempted to message them there. A week went by without a reply, So I posted a comment on their wall about it. They replied with some BS about how they help all customers and encouraged me to contact them about it. They then disabled my ability to comment on their posts or post on their wall.
This company is crap.
I recommend a different site, any site for that matter.
Maverick22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:21 AM   #5
Killerbee

Drives: GR86 / Supra MK5 MT / MR-S / Z4
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick22 View Post
I would stay away from these guys (nlmotoring.com). I purchased mine through them and the finish color was way off. Mine look silver instead of the black chrome color I ordered. I notified them that they sent me the wrong color, they asked for pictures, I then sent them photos and never heard from them again.
I had "liked" their Facebook page at some point shortly after placing my order, so I attempted to message them there. A week went by without a reply, So I posted a comment on their wall about it. They replied with some BS about how they help all customers and encouraged me to contact them about it. They then disabled my ability to comment on their posts or post on their wall.
This company is crap.
That is indeed a very shitty way to deal with customers. I had the same issue with the finish color on my black chrome (infact, I had 3 different finishes on my 4 wheels ;-) I had some hassle to deal with my supplier aswell, however at least the exchanged them into a matt black version at the end and did not just ignore me
Killerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:40 AM   #6
brz_star21

Drives: DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
This company is crap.
Damn. Sucks to hear your hard luck story. That site even looks a bit sketchy to me. Red flags definitely go up in my head when the only form of contact is email (through their own server system) and no physical business address is listed. The web domain is listed in CA if you do a look up, though.
brz_star21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:00 AM   #7
Gixxersixxerman

Drives: Toyota GT86, 66 beetle, 11 GSXR 750
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
You can't expect the finish on your 500$ rims to be as nice as the finish on a set of $2K+ rims..

Buys 25-30k sports car.. Spend 500$ on wheels
Gixxersixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #8
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,343 Times in 1,576 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
I got mine from nlmotoring. Got them in good. With the discount, it was under $500 shipped for all 4. Got them like 4 days after ordering. I had no issues whatsoever.

They can't be blamed for finishes on the wheels. They don't manufacture them, they just supply them. Just like any retailer. However, they should have better customer service than what was described above.

Either way, you're spending all of $500 on wheels. You can't expect perfection with every single wheel...
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
Wes (08-14-2013)
Old 08-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
Wes

Drives: JRSC'd Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
This company is crap.
Oh dang that sucks, sorry to hear about that, but it seems Chromium Black is a hit or miss color. A member here did get this issue but he had a different vendor and had it resolved. Thats terrible that they didn't try to resolve it for you. Anyone else ordering these wheels I would suggest staying away from chromium black since each batch may have a change in color so if it needs replacing you will be left with a different color wheel. I know someone here used to be a vendor for these wheels, but I dont think so anymore
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #10
Ny Brz
Hella Flush

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Yeah i purchased from them as well and received my wheels very quickly, i know they only distribute but customer service should always be key. This set is going to be my spare as i plan on purchasing a set or Work wheels. I have heard of Chromium black color matching issues, i guess that's why i decided to go with the flat black. So i you want Chromium be aware of the hit or miss issue, good luck.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:46 AM   #11
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
I got mine from LSD Motorsports. They were very helpful over the phone. SGMotoring seems to have a turn around advantage being down the street from XXR's distribution warehouse. NLMotoring is immensely popular due to their better marketing... they might be higher volume, but their supply can't seem to meet their demand. I find people who call XXR directly and ask which distributors have the specific wheels they want tend to have the best luck.