follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 07-11-2023, 07:52 PM   #1
Kulebrero

Drives: GR86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Race seats install - Airbag codes

I removed all stock seats and installed a driver and passenger race seats.

I’m getting an Airbag error on the dashboard. Besides the annoying warning, I won’t pass the State safety inspection if I don’t sort it out.

The rear seems to be ok. I removed the wiring harness and sensor from the seat belt as well as the occupancy sensors from the rear seats, and plugged them all in the back. It does not appear as though I’m getting any codes in the rear.

I’m getting five codes in the front. Here’s my setup:

Driver side: used a Brad’s Hack dongle for the yellow airbag plug, and connected the seat belt connector into the beige plug. I kept the stock seat belt which chimes when not buckled, so I’m guessing it’s working ok.

Passenger side: used Brad’s Hack dongle for the yellow airbag plug. Removed the occupancy sensor and seatbelt wiring harness (with the sensors) from the stock seat and plugged them into the gray plug. I zip tied the sensors together to the seat rail.

What am I missing/doing wrong?
Attached Images

Kulebrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 08:38 AM   #2
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,144 Times in 1,989 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulebrero View Post
I removed all stock seats and installed a driver and passenger race seats.

I’m getting an Airbag error on the dashboard. Besides the annoying warning, I won’t pass the State safety inspection if I don’t sort it out.

The rear seems to be ok. I removed the wiring harness and sensor from the seat belt as well as the occupancy sensors from the rear seats, and plugged them all in the back. It does not appear as though I’m getting any codes in the rear.

I’m getting five codes in the front. Here’s my setup:

Driver side: used a Brad’s Hack dongle for the yellow airbag plug, and connected the seat belt connector into the beige plug. I kept the stock seat belt which chimes when not buckled, so I’m guessing it’s working ok.

Passenger side: used Brad’s Hack dongle for the yellow airbag plug. Removed the occupancy sensor and seatbelt wiring harness (with the sensors) from the stock seat and plugged them into the gray plug. I zip tied the sensors together to the seat rail.

What am I missing/doing wrong?

I believe there is a Kevin Vo veido on Youtube where he talks about race seats installation on the 2nd Gen vehicles. I would recommend checking it out?
Old 07-19-2023, 07:43 PM   #3
Grady

Drives: BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger, 2011 Evora
Thanked 1,475 Times in 771 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
The computer is looking for a certain resistance/value to verify all sensors are functioning. Every component you removed will need some type of resistor or such to trick the computer int believing it is there and functioning. As stated above start YouTube mechanicing, I am sure someone has figured it out.
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote