follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 08-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #15
whataboutbob
AutoX-10/10ths every run

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S AT Firestorm
Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,000 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
@Gen. Looks similar to your results with the same kit.

[ Delicioustuning | Counterspacegarage | RS-R USA | Cusco USA | SPL Parts | ACE Header | Stark Performance | Infinite Motion | Ciro Racing | Build thread:Here ]
[ GR Corolla Core in White w/LSDs on wish list ]
whataboutbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #16
ecko04
Seems Legit

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Good luck with your build. Here's to hoping you can at least get a piece of your money back for the tune and reinvest it in a better tune/tuner.
The Following User Says Thank You to ecko04 For This Useful Post:
itdansharpe (08-30-2013)
Old 08-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #17
itdansharpe

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whataboutbob View Post
@Gen. Looks similar to your results with the same kit.
Perhaps. IT looks like he may have had a boost leak. We logged boost, it was fine.
New: 2014 6MT Asphalt Rota Titan 17x9, RS-3 V2, Skunk2 Pro-C, Eibach Sway Bars, Password:JDM Strut Tower Bar, Perrin MCB, StopTech Stainless Lines, Hawk HP+, Nameless 3" Exhaust, VG Sharkfin, FIVE:AD Spoiler, DDM Tuning HID's 5k, HID
Old: 2013 6AT Boosted Firestorm..
itdansharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #18
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by itdansharpe View Post
Now if John would just give me a refund...
two words..charge back.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #19
Frs300

Drives: Pile of junk
Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
two words..charge back.
He's def going to have to do a charge back with bank or credir card co
Frs300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #20
Rich@ViscontiTuning
Banned

Drives: 2012 VW GLI
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
It's unbelievable to me how ignorant so many of you allow yourselves to come across as, just in an effort to bash Visconti Tuning at any cost. Without any data to review, this appears to be a hardware issue. The car was running fine when this thread was made 3 months ago, as those of you who actually read the OP may have noticed. Since then, the last contact we've had through the Support Console (which we use for "support") was two weeks ago when he said “John, you nailed it….. So Happy!” Then out of the blue, we get an email demanding a refund because now, 3 months later, he dynos the car and the power is all over the map. Based on the limited information the customer has provided, it sounds like a boost leak. Clearly he wouldn't have been walking STi's if these issues were present when the car was originally tuned. But customer is convinced it isn't a boost leak because it made target boost. Well, for anyone who's educated themselves to understand mechanically how the turbo could make target boost even with a boost leak, they would understand how "reaching target boost" proves nothing. As we've explained to the customer, if he gets us the data we need to actually diagnose the car, we'll be happy to support the tune like we do for all of our customers.

But with regard to all the ridiculously uninformed posts, let's recap this: 3 months ago we have happy customer. Happy customer makes thread about happy results from his butt dyno which came in at "240-250whp." Now, 3 months later, customer dynos car, results are all over the place, and without datalogs or any other info, customer demands refund. You're right guys - clearly we're the unreasonable ones here. In fact we're having a "free refunds for everyone" party this weekend! Hell, we're just gonna start throwing cash out of the window - we hope you all can make it!
Rich@ViscontiTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #21
Ross

Drives: 85 corolla gts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
I would definitely recommend doing some logging to see what is going on. Smoothing is on 5 and the graph is all over the place. Maf voltage, timing, air fuel, cam timing intake and exhaust, knock, and trims should all be looked over.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:
itdansharpe (09-04-2013)
Old 08-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #22
Hawaiian
That guy

Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Thanked 1,389 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich@ViscontiTuning View Post
It's unbelievable to me how ignorant so many of you allow yourselves to come across as, just in an effort to bash Visconti Tuning at any cost. Without any data to review, this appears to be a hardware issue. The car was running fine when this thread was made 3 months ago, as those of you who actually read the OP may have noticed. Since then, the last contact we've had through the Support Console (which we use for "support") was two weeks ago when he said “John, you nailed it….. So Happy!” Then out of the blue, we get an email demanding a refund because now, 3 months later, he dynos the car and the power is all over the map. Based on the limited information the customer has provided, it sounds like a boost leak. Clearly he wouldn't have been walking STi's if these issues were present when the car was originally tuned. But customer is convinced it isn't a boost leak because it made target boost. Well, for anyone who's educated themselves to understand mechanically how the turbo could make target boost even with a boost leak, they would understand how "reaching target boost" proves nothing. As we've explained to the customer, if he gets us the data we need to actually diagnose the car, we'll be happy to support the tune like we do for all of our customers.

But with regard to all the ridiculously uninformed posts, let's recap this: 3 months ago we have happy customer. Happy customer makes thread about happy results from his butt dyno which came in at "240-250whp." Now, 3 months later, customer dynos car, results are all over the place, and without datalogs or any other info, customer demands refund. You're right guys - clearly we're the unreasonable ones here. In fact we're having a "free refunds for everyone" party this weekend! Hell, we're just gonna start throwing cash out of the window - we hope you all can make it!
"Looks good!"

Had another tuner take a look at my logs and disagree. +10 hp on pump and a clean afr later*I'm a happy camper.
Jr Tuned 506whp @17psi (e73)
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #23
DJCarbine
Thupercharged

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Did a vendor just quote someones butt dyno as evidence a proper tune?
2019 Series.Grey STI - Stage1+ SF
DJCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DJCarbine For This Useful Post:
Alhammadi (08-31-2013), ATL BRZ (09-02-2013), Brody602 (03-10-2014), charged86 (09-19-2013), Hawaiian (08-30-2013), jamesm (08-30-2013), King Tut (08-30-2013), Nightbringer (08-30-2013), Sportsguy83 (08-30-2013)
Old 08-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #24
Adeets
OEDC

Drives: Vortech 8.5psi 274WHP 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
In fact we're having a "free refunds for everyone" party this weekend! Hell, we're just gonna start throwing cash out of the window - we hope you all can make it!
Sweet about time, so does this mean I can get a part refund on my vortech kit, because the tune he sent me was courptted and when I called him that night to take care of it he told me I was fucked and would have to wait a week. So I reached out to moto-mike and he did the entire tune for me, never once has a visconti tune been loaded onto my car, does that entail a partial refund?

Or how about the flex fuel package I asked for a refund before it was even released and you didn't respond to that email or support ticket, or how about now, now that same box with its brand new kit is still sitting in my garage unused, because when I opened it and saw those hoses, I was like FUCK THAT GARBAGE! Then left it in its box. Can I get a refund on that pos?

There are support tickets and emails for both of these cases, what I got back from visconti was his version of "your fucked."

Looks good!

Just for reference I bought the flex-fuel kit before my vortech arrived, so I didn't know yet that visconti is utter costumer service garbage.

Last edited by Adeets; 08-30-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Adeets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adeets For This Useful Post:
Frs300 (08-30-2013), Nightbringer (08-30-2013), pmccut (09-05-2013), Sportsguy83 (08-30-2013)
Old 08-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #25
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
It's unbelievable to me how ignorant so many of you allow yourselves to come across as, just in an effort to bash Visconti Tuning at any cost.
For situations like this is when you want to have already built a stellar customer service record and NEVER be A-holes to past and present customers, hear feedback and adjust accordingly, all in lieu of your current "company's" attitude of "its our way or the highway and WE DONT GIVE A FUCK".

Theres a puertorrican saying: "Crea fama y acuestate a dormir" (translated: "Create your fame and go back to sleep"), well right now it fits like a glove.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
Nightbringer (08-30-2013), shiro (09-05-2013)
Old 08-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #26
DJCarbine
Thupercharged

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeets View Post
Sweet about time, so does this mean I can get a part refund on my vortech kit, because the tune he sent me was courptted and when I called him that night to take care of it he told me I was fucked and would have to wait a week. So I reached out to moto-mike and he did the entire tune for me, never once has a visconti tune been loaded onto my car, does that entail a partial refund?

Or how about the flex fuel package I asked for a refund before it was even released and you didn't respond to that email or support ticket, or how about now, now that same box with its brand new kit is still sitting in my garage unused, because when I opened it and saw those hoses, I was like FUCK THAT GARBAGE! Then left it in its box. Can I get a refund on that pos?

There are support tickets and emails for both of these cases, what I got back from visconti was his version of "your fucked."

Looks good!

Just for reference I bought the flex-fuel kit before my vortech arrived, so I didn't know yet that visconti is utter costumer service garbage.
You wouldn't be selling the flex fuel kit would you?
I wouldn't mind documenting the install and finding a way of fixing it for those running it.

I am also curious to see myself how fubar the hoses are
2019 Series.Grey STI - Stage1+ SF
DJCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #27
Adeets
OEDC

Drives: Vortech 8.5psi 274WHP 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCarbine View Post
You wouldn't be selling the flex fuel kit would you?
I wouldn't mind documenting the install and finding a way of fixing it for those running it.

I am also curious to see myself how fubar the hoses are
Never thought about selling it but, 600 and its yours.

I'll even throw u the PayPal info so you can get ur v-tune... If you wait long enough.

Your either a very strange person, or possibly slightly, don't take this wrong, retarded. I mean that in the best possible way.
Adeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #28
SmsAlSuwaidi
Boosted

Drives: Not a supra....yet
Thanked 1,203 Times in 812 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
@Adeets

I was in the same position I wanted to cancel my ff kit and I had no reply until I filed a dispute !

Visconti even said " you should've told me before filing such things" no shit if only u answered

Luckily the dispute went thru and I got my money back

Sent from phone
SmsAlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmsAlSuwaidi For This Useful Post:
448hpsti (09-01-2013), charged86 (09-19-2013)

Tags
#you guys are all idiots!, ain't no carbecue, butt dyno is science, free refund party!!!, fuck visconti, looks good!, rich is john, rich-jv's bitch, the visconti saga part 4, tune looks good, v-tune never has knock, viscontifried, viscontinued, what is timing?, you got viscontid'!!