follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 07-07-2020, 12:23 AM   #1
Sam86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Remark x FT86Speed Quad Exhaust experience

Hi Guys,

Been eyeing this exhaust for awhile and am tempted to purchase it with the current 10% sale (live in Australia so the $280 USD shipping fee has been the delay factor).

Very hard to find experiences with this exhaust especially as I have UEL headers and the demonstration video is stock. The few youtube comments I have found say the exhaust sounds amazing and is very underrated, my main concern is that it's going to be too loud (Police crack down on loud exhausts pretty hard where I live).

Has anyone got this exhaust or know the DB reading of it? Is it really loud? My main local competitor is the Invidia N1 as that seems to be one of the only exhaust imported, so i'd be curious to know how it contents with it (as i've heard the invidia is obnoxiously loud).

Sale is going to end soon so fingers crossed for quick responses

(Just want opinions on this exhaust, not alternative exhausts as I specifically like this exhaust for the rumble tone and the fact it's quad which I prefer over dual immensely).

https://ftspeed.com/part/cat-back/c2...t#.XwP4cSgzaUm

https://www.remark-usa.com/products/...-brz-toyota-86

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/par...t-back-exhaust

Am a little sceptical as the Remark site has an emissions/ decibel disclaimer but I can't seem to find the actual readings of the exhausts output
Sam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:32 AM   #2
Joveen

Drives: Bone stock
It wont be very loud with with stock front pipe and overpipe. I have an aftermarket uel header (catless) aftermarket overpipe, stock frontpipe and the remark exhaust. It's really tamed with stock frontpipe. Back when I had my dual resonated frontpipe it was louder and more aggresive. If you're worried about being loud just keep stock overpipe and frontpipe and you should be fine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Joveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:58 AM   #3
Sam86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joveen View Post
It wont be very loud with with stock front pipe and overpipe. I have an aftermarket uel header (catless) aftermarket overpipe, stock frontpipe and the remark exhaust. It's really tamed with stock frontpipe. Back when I had my dual resonated frontpipe it was louder and more aggresive. If you're worried about being loud just keep stock overpipe and frontpipe and you should be fine.

Thanks, yea I plan to leave the other pipes stock. Just worried about bringing attention to myself. These apparently drone with UEL's but according to Remark don't drone without. So don't know whether that just means it's a standard sound increase or massive like with UEL's and Invidia N1.

Think where I live the limits are 84 db at 3750 rpm with completely stock 86's being 79 db @ 3750. I know with UEL and an exhaust I will be over that but if it's at least below 90 i'll be less paranoid. My typical daily commutes is in 37- 50 mph zones so don't think i'm often reaching past the 3k rpm range and am usually cruising at 2k, granted I pass 2 police stations too and from that commute...
The Following User Says Thank You to Sam86 For This Useful Post:
Joveen (07-07-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 02:02 AM   #4
Sam86

As much as it pains me i'm going to hold off on the purchase for now and wait till the next sale. Where I live is going back into full lockdown for the next 6 weeks as of tomorrow so I won't be able to cruise around much anyway

Would still like to hear specific feedback on this particular exhaust as once the next sale comes around i'll be in the same position as I was earlier today.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sam86 For This Useful Post:
Joveen (07-07-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 04:22 PM   #5
Frankz54

Drives: 2019 Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have this exhaust... with a Tomei catless header. The amount of drone i would get in the car was insane. I ended up cutting the pipe and putting a resonator to stop the droning inside the car. Now the exhaust sounds great and it's fun to drive.
Frankz54 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankz54 For This Useful Post:
kevaughan (03-03-2022), Sam86 (07-07-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 05:24 PM   #6
Joveen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankz54 View Post
I have this exhaust... with a Tomei catless header. The amount of drone i would get in the car was insane. I ended up cutting the pipe and putting a resonator to stop the droning inside the car. Now the exhaust sounds great and it's fun to drive.
The drone is from the oem frontpipe. Because I get drone from mine but only since switching back oem front pipe.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joveen For This Useful Post:
Sam86 (07-07-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 05:26 PM   #7
Joveen

Quote:
What resonator did you go with? I'm going full 3" and I know its gonna loud until I get a turbo going.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:13 PM   #8
Sam86

Quote:
Damn... I have a tomei UEL header aswell, kinda glad I didn't impulse buy it now.
Does that mean it was quite loud outside the car aswell? or was the issue just cabin drone?

I don't have any experience or own any tools of doing something like you did, so what would be alternatives be? Catted, resonated front pipe?
Old 07-07-2020, 08:18 PM   #9
Joveen

Ofcourse it will drone. You have a 2.25 pipe from the overpipe running into a 3" exhaust. Not to mention the overpipe is connect to a 2.5" header.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:02 AM   #10
Sam86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joveen View Post
Ofcourse it will drone. You have a 2.25 pipe from the overpipe running into a 3" exhaust. Not to mention the overpipe is connect to a 2.5" header.

Well yea as I said i'm not expecting no drone, I just don't want something ridiculous in the 3k rpm range where I can't even hear my music. Loud drone seems to be the main concern of this exhaust based on what the other guy said and a comment I saw on youtube of someone else running it.

Just want to know how to remedy that so that it'll be minor drone for daily driving, if it drones like crazy in the high rpms that's fine, just so long as it's not too bad in the 1-4k range
Old 07-08-2020, 05:38 AM   #11
Sam86

Could I buy the exhaust, take it to an exhaust shop and have them install a resonator in the midpipe?

Don't really want to buy a resonated front pipe and remove my last remaining cat.
Old 07-08-2020, 06:42 AM   #12
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam86 View Post
Could I buy the exhaust, take it to an exhaust shop and have them install a resonator in the midpipe?

Don't really want to buy a resonated front pipe and remove my last remaining cat.
You could. JDL also sells an ultra quiet front pipe, it has a resonator and a cat I believe.

I'd recommend finding an exhaust that has a resonator though, it'll be cheaper than buying this exhaust and having to change everything around it
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:13 AM   #13
Sam86

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
You could. JDL also sells an ultra quiet front pipe, it has a resonator and a cat I believe.

I'd recommend finding an exhaust that has a resonator though, it'll be cheaper than buying this exhaust and having to change everything around it
Might be a far stretch but i'm wondering if I keep my OEM midpipe, leave out the non-resonated midpipe from this exhaust and hope it all lines up. Wish they'd post the catbacks dimensions
Old 07-08-2020, 07:59 AM   #14
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam86 View Post
Might be a far stretch but i'm wondering if I keep my OEM midpipe, leave out the non-resonated midpipe from this exhaust and hope it all lines up. Wish they'd post the catbacks dimensions
There is no chance of you being able to do that. They don't need to post the dimensions, it replaces everything from the front pipe to the back of the car
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote