follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #1
Flat Black VW

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
My new SWP in NOVA

So I had a pre-order at Dulles Subaru in Sterling Va., but I was #5 on the list with no expected delivery date so I decided to look around the east coast for another one available. Last Tuesday I found a Premium SWP 6MT BRZ, which is exactly what I ordered, that had just arrived on Patrick Subaru's lot in Shrewsbury MA that morning. I was put in contact with Tri Le who does a lot of their out of state sales and with a ton of help and phone contact from him setting everything up, I bought a train ticket to Boston on Friday and Saturday morning at 8AM Tri picked me up from the station and drove me an hour back to the dealership to get my new car! I was out of the dealer within a couple hours and started my 8+ hour drive home.

Here some pics he sent me before I could get up there:

When I first saw her!

Pictures from the journey home:

Finally home, and the next morning (today):

MY experience with Patrick Subaru was great and the drive home was even better. Every time I stopped the car drew a crowd and people were asking questions about the car, a lot of people had no idea what it was and I got tons of compliments. Throughout the entire drive people were pulling up next to me and waving, giving thumbs-ups, staring in utter confusion, or rolling down windows to tell me their (all positive) thoughts.

Couldn't be happier with this car especially once I was able to get off the highway and do some spirited driving. After the trip the car now has 470 mi on the odometer (picked it up with 6 mi), so I still have some time to finish breaking her in, but the engine feels really strong already. Im hoping there will be some good exhaust set-ups available soon as the only thing I feel this car is lacking other than more power is a bit more rumble, nothing too crazy loud but it could definitely use some more bark.

Also would like to note I got 32mpg over the drive home and did 470 mi on about 1.25 tanks of gas even though I was not driving in the most fuel efficient manner because I was trying to break in the engine so I was constantly accelerating and engine breaking. Very happy with the fuel efficiency on such a fun car.
Flat Black VW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flat Black VW For This Useful Post:
86design (06-11-2012), Sportsguy83 (06-11-2012)
Old 06-11-2012, 01:08 AM   #2
Enemies

Drives: '13 SWP Sport-Tech (Limited)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Grats... Baaaaadass!
Enemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:15 AM   #3
Mitch
form follows function

Drives: RIP '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Congrats!!! I'm picking up the exact same car on Friday, and you're making me wish I'd payed more for an earlier flight!
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
DEC1

Drives: '10 Infiniti G37 (pre-ordered BRZ)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Congrats!...what an adventure!...I live about 30 minutes from Patrick...I was looking for an AT LTD and finally found one here in MA. Same color as yours!
Enjoy!
DEC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
brzmass12

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I purchased a SWP Limited MT from Patrick about a week ago. Terrific people who truly put the customer first. I think they're allocated 25 for the year and have received 7 so far. The other 18 are not spoken for so if you are looking for a great car and even better customer service I'd give them a call.
brzmass12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #6
GMU-BRZ

Drives: 2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Have you decided what to do about front plates? As of now I'm just going to have the dealer drill the bumper for a front mount, but it pains me to do so.
GMU-BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
DEC1

Drives: '10 Infiniti G37 (pre-ordered BRZ)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU-BRZ View Post
Have you decided what to do about front plates? As of now I'm just going to have the dealer drill the bumper for a front mount, but it pains me to do so.
Gotta do it or risk hassling with the man...especially here in MA
Mine was done and honestly it doesn't look that bad...I think it diminishes the "mouth guard" effect...
Just don't watch...
DEC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #8
brzmass12

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Patrick was great about not mounting the front plate. However, I didn't want the hassle associated with driving without one so I just did it myself. I concur that it doesn't look bad.
brzmass12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #9
Flat Black VW

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brzmass12 View Post
I purchased a SWP Limited MT from Patrick about a week ago. Terrific people who truly put the customer first. I think they're allocated 25 for the year and have received 7 so far. The other 18 are not spoken for so if you are looking for a great car and even better customer service I'd give them a call.
Agreed, amazing customer service. I definitely recommend this dealer for anyone looking for a brz, well worth the trip and they go out of their way to make everything easy. Tri told me of the first 7 ordered 5 were pre orders and 2 were demo cars, 3 of the pre-orders fell through so I got one of those, they still had a WRB on the lot when I left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU-BRZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEC1 View Post
Gotta do it or risk hassling with the man...especially here in MA
Mine was done and honestly it doesn't look that bad...I think it diminishes the "mouth guard" effect...
Just don't watch...
Quote:
Originally Posted by brzmass12 View Post
Patrick was great about not mounting the front plate. However, I didn't want the hassle associated with driving without one so I just did it myself. I concur that it doesn't look bad.
They were very cool about not mounting the front plates and not drilling any holes, I even called and asked about their decal that the purchase order said would be put on the car and Tri offered to not put that on either!
As for my new front plate its sitting in my front window till I get off work and then I will be folding the top and bottom a bit so I can zip-tie it to the slits below the "mouth guard" in the bumper. This way I wont have to drill any holes.
Flat Black VW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #10
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
White is sure a beautiful color. Although some of the lines show a lot better in the darker colors.

Note:

What does "NOVA" mean?

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #11
dori.
Seņor Member

Drives: white BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I guessing North Virginia.
dori. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #12
Rampage